give Head On and Dead Hard a Sprint-Boost effect

Options
VaporLion
VaporLion Member Posts: 386
edited October 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Alright hear me out. Head On is currently very underused and giving it a Sprint-Boost when you stun the killer would make it a bit more viable. Currently it often feels like a punishment when you actually get to use it because when you do most often the killer doesnt know you are even there. A Sprint Boost would make it effective and since you dont do gens during that time i think it is a very well deserved sprint boost.

Dead Hard currently is the most frustrating thing that im experiencing. There is nothing that gets me more mad then the game not reacting on my actions. If Dead hard did not give the Endurance effect but instead gives you a 3 second Sprint Burst it could be used way more consistent. Obviously the Sprint Burst Speed has to be quite low in order to make it balanced, since it will be the easiest one to activate.

Dead Hard as it is currently is just a bad design in my opinion. A 0.5 second frame is not good for a game like DbD. It is not an e-sports ready game and it shows. The game has to recognize you using dead hard, then sending it to the other person and then checking wether the person is currently hitting. Until this happens, you often already get slapped. With a Sprint Burst this would not be a problem anymore.

Overall this would also unite all Active Perks with a Sprint Boost effect which i think is a neat sideeffect.

Comments

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

The endurance effect from dead hard could be increased to 0,75s and then it should be fine.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,126
    Options

head on gives distance through stun effect. just increase stun to 4 seconds.

• VaporLion
    Options

Well my point is that everything in the game isnt designed to be hardcore competitive reaction-timed based except dead hard. So i think its just not fitting especially with ping differences. I dont think it would be op especially because you could just nerf the amount of Speed you get from it as well as removing the current endurance effect. A 3 second Hope speed wouldnt be broken. It would be pretty much the same as it currently is, reaching a window or pallet a bit earlier but more fair and consistent and better designed for both casual and hardcore gamers.

The only problem i could see is it being overused because other active perks are situational and dead hard wouldnt be. But on the other hand i dont think dead hard is a good design as it currently is.

And no a 0.75s wouldnt fix it. The duration is not a problem with it. I always use dead hard because i see myself in the killers pov and think like when would i hit the survivor. And when i think i would slap in his situation , i active it but then it doesnt go through because its to close to his action if that makes sense.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

Head on has needed a buff for a long time now.

• R1ch4rd_N1x0n
    R1ch4rd_N1x0n Member Posts: 1,731
    Options

Lmao Dead Hard used to give you a speed boost and it was hugely problematic which is why they changed it to how it is now.

• BigDaddyPhilSwift
    BigDaddyPhilSwift Member Posts: 19
    Options

it would be pretty cool if head on had a quick and quiet effect for lockers built in. you usually have to run both to make it usable more than once in a match.

• VaporLion
    Options

No You are wrong. Dead Hard gave you an instant distance and invincibility on top. A Speed Boost works way differently because you can still get hit by Range Killers and the Killer catches you earlier if the Speed isnt very high. Also the Speed Boost has to be activated early enough to get the full value otherwise you just get hit. With dead hard u could just activate it whenever the Killer was close to you.

I do want to say though that i would like the current Dead Hard if it just worked properly. But knowing the game i feel like it will never. I would also like the Idea of just adding a new Active Perk that literally does what i explained. Be injured as a requirement and give you a small 3 second Speed Boost whenever you activate it. It could also have the requirement of having to be full life but i feel like at that point it would just be a lesser sprintburst and makes it too easy to get tunneled.

• R1ch4rd_N1x0n
    edited October 2022
    Options

No, I'm right. What Dead Hard did was technically a speed boost, lmao. Yeah it had invincibility on it as well but that wasn't the issue, the speed boost was. Free distance any time you need it is blatantly overpowered and there's nothing the Killer can do about it. Dead Hard was intended to solely be used to dodge hits and not gain distance, as the latter required no skill at all.

• VaporLion
    edited October 2022
    Options

does balanced landing & lithe require skill ? Theyre also an automated sprintboost / distance gain. I feel like you guys dont realize what small means. The Speedboost u would get could be as low as 2%. So not even faster than the killer, just for the purpose of reaching stuff a bit earlier while not being affected as much by ping difference. The good thing about this idea is, that you can basically just playtest and see what the right speed would be to make it balanced and honestly i would still see other exhaustion perks being better in different situations.

Post edited by VaporLion on
  • R1ch4rd_N1x0n
    Options

Those can only activate in a specific situation. Dead Hard activated any time you want. That was the issue.