Rework of Trapper

Options
Igor_Bielobereg
Igor_Bielobereg Member Posts: 67
edited January 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Power

• Terror radius is 28 meters.
  • After setting and arming a trap, the Trapper gets Killer Instinct within 16 meters of it. Duration of Killer Instinct – 3 seconds. Duration of setting and arming a trap – 2,250 seconds.
  • If a survivor steps in a trap, the Trapper gets Undetectable and 10% Haste status effect for 10 seconds.
  • Escaping from a trap takes 5 seconds. Rescuing a survivor from a trap – 2 seconds. Disarming a trap – 3 seconds.
  • If a survivor escapes from a trap, he will be put into the Dying state. If another survivor rescues him from a trap, he will remain in the Injured state.

Add-ons

Padded Jaws

• Bear Traps do not inflict the Injured nor the Dying state on Survivors who step in them. The add-on negates effects of other add-ons that rely on Survivors being injured or dying.
  • Grants 100% bonus to Bloodpoints for trapping Survivors.

Trapper Gloves

• Decreases the Bear Trap arming time by -0,250 seconds.
  • Grants a 5% action speed bonus to picking-up Survivors from Bear Traps.

Wax Brick

• Decreases the Bear Trap arming time by -0,250 seconds.
  • Grants a 10% action speed bonus to picking-up Survivors from Bear Traps.

Lengthened Jaws

• Survivors who step in a Bear Trap suffer from the Mangled status effect until healed.

Coffee Grounds

• Grants a 10% Haste status effect for 5 seconds after setting and arming a Bear Trap.
  • Increases Killer Instinct duration by 2 seconds.

4-Coil Spring Kit

• Increases the Bear Trap disarm time by +1 second.
  • Survivors who disarm a Bear Trap are faced with Skill Checks that trigger every second. Failing a Skill Check will reset disarm progress.

Trapper Bag

• Start with 1 additional Bear Trap.
  • Increases the Bear Trap carrying capacity by 1 Bear Trap.

Secondary Coil

• Increases the Bear Trap disarm time by +2 seconds.
  • Survivors who disarm a Bear Trap are faced with Skill Checks that trigger every second. Failing a Skill Check will reset disarm progress.

Poisoned Jaws

• Survivors who step in a Bear Trap suffer from the Exhausted status effect until healed.

Fastening Tools

• Decreases the Bear Trap arming time by -0,500 seconds.
  • Increases the Bear Trap rescue time by +1 second.

Trapper Sack

• Start with 2 additional Bear Traps.
  • Increases the Bear Trap carrying capacity by 2 Bear Traps.

Tension Spring

• Automatically rearms a Bear Trap 2 seconds after a Survivor was rescued from it.

Oily Coil

• When rearming a Bear Trap, the Aura of the Survivor who had disarmed it, is revealed for 5 seconds.

Honing Stone

• Survivors rescued from a Bear Trap suffer from the Deep Wound status effect.
  • Increases Mending time by +4 seconds.

Bloody Coil

• When a healthy Survivor disarms a Bear Trap, the Bloody Coil exacts its price, putting the Survivor into the Injured state.
Post edited by Igor_Bielobereg on

Comments

• Lastchild
    Lastchild Member Posts: 333
    Options

I had mainly thought of :

Basic set :

- Closed traps reset every 25 seconds.

- The trapper carries 4 traps.

- At the start of each game, 10 traps are placed all over the map in front of a window.

• Igor_Bielobereg
    Options

I like the idea about traps that spawn near windows. Less randomness for trap spawns. A trap in a corner of a swamp map is a good example of a bad spawn. Overall, removing random generation of maps would be good.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

No? lol.

You nerf the Honing Stone and the only addon you make better is the purple trapper sack.

Trapper should have a green addon where you cant interact to disarm his traps without a toolbox or the sabotage skill. Trapper should only play on maps with Grass - unless we make something like his iri coil basekit (interacting with trap = injury). Map offerings to play vs trapper off grass dont work unless the trapper used one.

• Igor_Bielobereg
    Options

No, i made effect of Honing Stone basic. I did that to increase lethality of his power and incentivise teamplay for survivors.

If a survivor escapes from a trap, he will be put into the Dying state. If another survivor rescues him from a trap, he will remain in the Injured state.

• DBDVulture
    Options

Otz has a much better idea. Trap injuries always add +1 wound. So if you are hurt you go down.

• Igor_Bielobereg
    Options

Are you talking about that proposal of his?

1. He suggests to make the effect of Honing Stone basic. Very similar to my proposal. In my implementation it incentivises teamplay for survivors more: if they do not want a trapped teammate to go down or be picked up by the Trapper, they must rescue him. If rescued, the teammate will remain in the injured state.
    2. He suggests to give the Trapper a speed boost (Haste effect), if a survivor steps in a trap. Very similar to my proposal. I also propose Undetectable effect in addition to that.
  • DBDVulture
    Options

The second effect is so meh. Trapper just needs three things :

1. Grab farthest away unarmed (by player) trap by interacting with empty locker.
    2. Traps always add +1 wound state
    3. Bloody coil is standard effect - so disarming traps always comes with a price.
  • not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
    edited October 2022
    Options

I like 2 and 3, as it wont make honing stone basekit since that could be too strong, but would make it so that if the survivor is injured, they will need to be rescued to avoid being downed, while honing stone remains unchanged. however disarming a trap while injured should not down them, instead causing deep wounds. Disarming a trap while in deep wounds does not effect the survivor. If trapper has bloody coils equipped and they are injured however, it should immediately down them (animation being like they were downed by deep wounds, not hit by a basic attack). While being healthy and disarming a bear trap has the standard injure effect, it also also inflicts mangled if the trapper has bloody coils equipped. The mangled, hemmorhage, and deep wounds addons when stepping in a bear trap should all be combined into one addon as well. i think all this would help trapper be buffed a lot and not needing bloody coils/trapper sack and honing stone to feel playable

• DBDVulture
    Options

-"The mangled, hemmorhage, and deep wounds addons when stepping in a bear trap should all be combined into one addon as well."

That could be a replacement for bloody coil which would be "base kit".

I would like to see purple trapper sack reworked again but I was talking base kit not addons. My idea for that would be : you start with 5 traps (effectively +2 total) and every 30 seconds you get the rest until you have them all. You can always carry all your traps and you can move them -unlike the current addon. Then the green addon will also give +2 traps but you start with 1 in hand and can always carry an extra trap total.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,056
    Options

To quote myself from other threads:

My own idea was have his traps on the map start set and active. Yes RNG can still screw that over, but it still creates a form of early game pressure for Survivors who may not realize yet they're up against a Trapper.

I actually had something in this vein happen recently. Trapper was running double iris and I happened into a trap that had autoset before the Trapper had chums to an area. In Endgame chat even they were surprised by how quick that happened.

A different idea could be traps within your terror radius set or auto reset, while the iri addon makes it happen regardless of location/makes it happen quicker.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
    edited November 2022
    Options

No, that's not really too useful to be an Iridescent addon, they're nice buffs sure, but I just feel like it should be what I listed it to be (get downed if disarming while injured, and if healthy then get injured with mangled, plus the bloody coils is meant to be on DISARM, not on trap, as then the description wouldn't make sense and it would just take more effort to change it, which really isn't needed when they can just put all the effects on something like lengthened jaws and delete rusted and serrated, making it green tier instead of yellow, as it now has the effects of all 3)

Without bloody coil it would just be a standard injury when disarming while healthy and deep wound if disarming while injured

IMO I think that's the best way to go about it