Nemesis needs his zombies to be nerfed

Options
Jungles23
Jungles23 Member Posts: 43
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

Nemesis's zombies are the most annoying thing in any game I've ever played, and that's not just the saltiness talking. Why the hell can zombies not only alert the killer of your location, but also prevent you from doing generators? Not to mention the fact they block off loops mid chase which is complete BS. Never in the world should any killer have NPCs to help them, they were a dumb idea to begin with. At the very least make it so we can kill zombies if they miss an attack, just like you can with Victor. Every game with Nemesis is just unfun because he can be the worst killer to ever live and still get easy downs with his zombies.

I thought this game was about trials, where you were supposed to see how well as a team you worked against a killer, meaning that the killer's ability was also being tested. How tf is it testing a killer's ability to kill when their NPCs do like 50% of the work every game? This isn't an understatement either, it's almost a free win every game unless you have some god tier survivor that loops the killer most of the time (which only works assuming he's a garbage killer and stays on them most of the game). It's nonstop BS and I'm surprised more people rant about the Nurse than this.

Also just as a side rant, when the ######### will killer lag be fixed? One guy literally teleported behind me in a chase and got a free M1 out of it. It's not my internet either, I've triple checked.

Comments

• Jungles23
    Options

BS, that's never happened on any game I've ever played against Nemesis or as Nemesis. These zombies are always in the worst ######### place at the worst ######### time.

• Whoudini
    Whoudini Member Posts: 309
    Options

Zombies should be fixed or made more prevalent rather than nerfed. They are badly designed in the sense that from 0 skill from either side zombies can without warning completely doom you. Either on a gen or in a loop, the killer did 0 and the zombie helped them. Zombies should be made more controllable in some way idk how but nerfing them just makes nem worse which he could use some help.

• Jungles23
    Options

I agree that Nemesis could use some buffing, like making it so you can't heal if you're infected or if you're infected for a prolonged period you lose a health state. But zombies are just BS. Killers should never be able to stop you from doing a generator or block a loop without using a perk slot. Zombies are just cheap

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 877
    edited October 2022
    Options

Generally the zombies don't bother me, but their recognition AI and inconsistent speed really pisses me off. Half the time they get stuck on the environment then other times they're zooming across the map and following you upstairs and across three rooms in stupid amounts of time. Add to that they all seem to have a habit of clustering together at the moment too and they can be a nuisance.

There should also be a reasonable delay on their recognition or a limit to where they can go. Vaulting over a window or running through a door to get insta downed by a zombie you didn't know was there is not it.

• Whoudini
    Whoudini Member Posts: 309
    Options

They are cheap in the sense that with 0 skill from either side they can either carry in some cases or do nothing completely randomly, they need some level of control to them so they can become a healthy part of his kit.

• Ashes
    Ashes Member Posts: 68
    edited October 2022
    Options

you had a whole map to run around and you chose to run into one of the 2 zombies? zombie speed is affected by addons, they are so slow baseline

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,813
    Options

My zombies get stuck on flat ground or in corners about 90% of the time, cause survivors a small amount of annoyance 9% of the time, and do something helpful about 1% of the time. The zombie AI needs to be buffed dramatically. In the past few days I've noticed them getting stuck on windows trying to reach survivors on the other side of a wall a lot, and that wasn't a problem I ever noticed before. They've recently gotten dumber, and I didn't think that was possible.

• Jungles23
    Options

What other choice did I have? I can't stay on the generator so I had to run, and I can't exactly hold W to another loop when the killer gets bloodlust now can I?

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 568
    Options

Lol

• FreddyVoorhees
    FreddyVoorhees Member Posts: 324
    Options

My zombies often block me at the doors instead of downing survivors. They need buffs , big buffs. Maybe they can facecamp a hook while doing MJ's Thriller dance.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

I just had a match where I was playing shack and the survivor fast vaulted the window and my zombie was at the corner going towards the door sbd just kept going and ended up bodyblocking me at the doorway as the survivor ran right past him.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 894
    Options

I saw this quite a lot and hurt my soul reach the gen and see the Zombie helping repairing instead of walk 10 cm to the right.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Probably the worst passive power in terms of consistency. Most of the time mine spend the entire match searching corners with nothing or stuck on a rock.

I wish mine would promote survivors to move around as that's both easy to counter for survivors and useful for the killer.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,999
    Options

His zombie’s tracking can break if they try chasing a survivor on a gen with a collision near it and cause them to get stuck ON THE GEN the survivor is working on

His zombies need to have the AI looked at so they work, nerfing them will make them more useless than they already are

• Hex_iButt
    Hex_iButt Member Posts: 233
    edited October 2022
    Options

You've found some people who actually get their zombies to put in work? That's so rare, all zombies I encounter bug out and get stuck on every tile, even on gens...

Pallets aren't worth dropping on them unless you have Any Means Necessary, but have you tried blinding them? Flashbang/flashlight? That can help keep you from getting tracked so easily by Nemmy.

• Blizwise
    Blizwise Member Posts: 69
    Options

You sir are 100% wrong.. most the time the wonder around stupid. They are countered by crouching and half the time they are stuck on something forcing the killer to go kill them.

if anything they need a buff because unless you take addons to help them they are useless and become only good for increase you ability.

nemesis himself is not a great killer and easy to loop, easy to see. His zombies are the only thing that gives him a bit of level ground

• BigDaddyPhilSwift
    BigDaddyPhilSwift Member Posts: 19
    Options

the zombies actually suck, and i really only got hit by them on the ptb for that chapter. they sometimes make one gen inconvenient… go to another gen. oh, they’re blocking a loop? plan to make it to a different one by the time the nemesis sees you. there is plenty counterplay for the zomboys that get stuck on minecraft grass. you can even stun them with a flashlight or just fvcking kill them with a pallet if you’re desperate.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Tell me you've never played Nemesis without saying you've never played Nemesis.

It happens at least once a game. You're just not noticing it, because a good Nemmy will generally pop the zombie off as he patrols.

Zombies suck, unless you get the once-in-a-blue-moon POG zombie that defends a hook or gets someone mid chase. They are barely useful aside from minor disruption against any team that knows what they are doing - and flashlights hard counter them.

As for lag - it cuts both ways. There's nothing quite like trying to catch a survivor and landing multiple hits, only to have them whiff because that survivor is actually half a second in the future.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

They need consistency. I've had zombies camping gens multiple times resulting in being a game changer. Often times they are useless.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,174
    Options

//

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

Cause nemi is a 115 no mobility killer with a decent anti loop that doesnt do it justice for his lack of map pressure... Even then the zombies don't enact that much pressure or are just getting stuck completely on anything they can.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

I just played against a match where the zombie stood outside my locker while nemesis stood there. Was wanting to bust him with a head on but the zombie took the shot.

when I’m nemesis, zombie blocks me from hooking. 🤷‍♂️

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 932
    Options

Get good

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options
  • TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,274
    Options

I just want their ai to get fixed

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options

The times I most wish I had an emote as killer are when I manage to drive a chase toward the zombies and one of the zombies actually helps. I feel like I have a teammate, and I want to congratulate them... but all I can do is punch them in the face.

Also, yes, as survivor, I've had the experience where a zombie gets stuck on my gen and we finish it together. Different team feeling.

• Shartley
    Shartley Member Posts: 38
    Options

troll thread

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,921
    Options

I remember that match, and reported the zombie for siding with survivors. BHVR still hasn't replied to that ticket, and that zombie continues to appear in all my games, doing nothing. Disgraceful.

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 684
    Options

Zombies tend to be super hit or miss in my experience. Either off in a dead part of the map, contemplating the geological history of a pebble they got stuck on, or acting like Payday 2 Cloakers and ambushing survivors with a dropkick to the face as they try and loop me in a jungle gym.

Personally I'm fine with them as they are. They entertain me in either situation whether I'm Nemmy or his hapless victim.

• pocajohnny
    pocajohnny Member Posts: 219
    Options

It's posts like this that the developers have to listen to and convince them to not fix the Zombies GLARING issues... Majority of the time the Zombies are terrible. Sorry if you are so bad at the game that stationary AI gets you. I'd get a kick out of seeing how you play I'm sure.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    Options

What he really needs is Zombies beeing removed, instead he gets far better addons.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,409
    Options

Tell us you’ve never played as Nemesis without telling us you’ve never played as Nemesis.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    Options

I love DbD's cute AI

• LylakLavender
    LylakLavender Member Posts: 339
    Options

Just use a flashlight and blind the zombies if they come to your generator. Well if you have one.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

the zed menace is at best an annoyance.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

zombies follow sound, if Nemmy has discordance or any other gen notifying perk the zombies will follow.

• BluBlock
    BluBlock Member Posts: 2
    Options

They are not OP

They need to first see you to do anything.

They make noise so even if you are in a loop you can tell where they are and avoid them.

Their attacks are so slow and easy to dodge.

On maps that are very big they usually aren't that usuful.

They can sometimes be a rough idea of where you are and not precise because they need to turn around and stuff.

Survivors can let themselves be hit to get a speed boost and they can still be cured from the infection.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,906
    Options

What you're referring to is the 10% chance the zombies do what they're intended to do lol