The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

never hooked teammates are the worse

these mf will wait for hatch or bait teammates or whatever, like playing dirty to escape for what? like these people will never trade hits or hooks and just let their teammates die on hook or get hooked on last hook.

why do people bother playing surv if you act like this, its a teamwork side. idk if this is toxic but i always make noise or lead the killer to them cause i want karma to come to them.

play the way you want to be treated, yet everyone thinks for themselves. pain.

Comments

• Maxitolliony
    Maxitolliony Member Posts: 112

right now i am doing adept challenges so if i am dead on hook i am opening gates or waiting for gates and i am leaving but i always try even if i am dead on hook i try cause why not. if you are a bad player i guess you need to escape to pip up but you pip up anyways if you are good. i will die on hook and still double pip.

sigh

• Maxitolliony

what, i am getting chased for 20 mins and the dude is hiding and waiting for hatch. i kind of have the right to be salty tbh.

• The_Scarlet_Witch
    The_Scarlet_Witch Member Posts: 209

i get these team mates a lot tbh. they usally like t-bagging me though and unhook spamming then leave me to die.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

Yeah, I sometimes wonder if people see not having been hooked as an indication of doing well, and maybe it is, for them alone. But, it often times it spells disaster for the team at large, because it's like playing with three people instead of four.

Yeah, some killers get fixated and obsess over certain people, especially when they're being antagonized. Not all instances of being the only one without hook states makes you bad.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,268

Depends. Sometimes I get those teamies on my teams / see survs like that when playing killers. -- Sometimes I find myself with zero hooks while everyone is death hook because just of how the match went; e.g. a lot of hook trading on the side I was not on.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

Yeah no thanks. I'm constantly in this situation where literally no one will take aggro to help me at all or I get left on hook almost every game. So no, I'm not helping people with aggro atp

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 919

Players would definitely benefit from realizing that their hook states are resources to be invested into the round. Having no hook states when other people have died in a match is not necessarily a sign of having played well, often it's the opposite. Doesn't mean every scenario (or indeed every teammate) is worth taking hits or trading hooks for or whatever, but as a basic concept it is obvious that because all survivors can still escape even if every single one has been hooked twice and that matches can fall apart much easier if even just one survivor dies before the endgame, playing to spread out hook states as much as possible is always something survivors should try to do.

• Jay_K
    Jay_K Member Posts: 429

So I am the survivor who is stealthy and works behind the scenes. A lot of games I don't get hooked because I don't intereact with the killer at all. Does this make me a bad player...No it doesnt. Does this make me a team player still...Yes for the way i play it does.

I may not interact with the killer but thats because I can't loop for #########. If i try and loop a killer no matter what killer it is then I go down in seconds and i'm no good to the team anyway. However If i actively stay away from the killer, hide when needed I can still crank out gens, get unhooks, heal the survivors and do my best to help everyone get out.

Now this doesnt mean us stealthy players are all the same. yeah there are some real peices of work out there who often stealth the whole game, not doing gens, not taking hits and not helping just so they can escape but I think its kinda unfair to assume that 0 hooked survivors are all the same.

So many games that I escape i'm pulling more points than my team even when we all escape because I generally will max out 3 aspects of the pip system ignoring boldness. Its all about how you like to play.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

Exatcly how I play survivor.

I can't loop for the love of God and I do more for the team when I do gens and hex and unhooks and stay away from the chase cause I will not kepp the killer at bay for 2 min so you guys can do gens I get 20 secs max if it's not blight or wesker if it's nurse I could just not run at all and that 20 sec is when I have good loops and a bunch of pallets to spam.

Never understand why I am bad for being good at stealth maybe other survs should learn to stealth better so they can vanish when they are on death hook

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,482

If it's the end of the game and you have 0 hook states versus your teammates having some, even if you stand in front of the killer you are not an enticing chase at that point.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

I play normal until the odds of survival go down significantly (1 dead/dc 3 gens or more left). Then I play for the escape. I'll hide if need be. I don't want to be in MMR hell so escaping is my goal when things go sideways. Sole Survivor and Wake Up help significantly with the gates.

• LylakLavender
    LylakLavender Member Posts: 339

I'm always unhooking people and trading. Problem is I rarely get help. This event is causing survivors to not help teammates because they want their points. They want to put it I to the rifts before they unhook because they know if they get hit they lose those points. That's why I said if they remove the stealing aspect people would be more willing to help. With that said I'm sick of helping people only to be screwed over.

• Often times I can go the whole match without being hooked. And it's not like I'm trying to hide from the killer or play for myself. It's like for whatever reason a killer just won't commit to chasing me.

I know some content creator's strategy is going for the people who have hook states rather than going for fresh hooks. Makes me wonder if it's a common mindset to do that.

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 651

Many do this because tunnel or camping, I can understand... But when he teabag and wait til you die... that's toxic yes

One times, I got this kind of teamates, doesn't nothing, just running, unhook in front of the killer and bodyblock the survivor just to sabotage the team

I was the only one survivor left with the other survivor, the two of us, zero hook, and when i'm going to loop the killer for him to make the last gen remaining... He just wait, pointing at me, teabag, going inside a locker, etc...

When the killer find him, he just slug the guy and wait til he die

Funny thing is, when I say thank you to the killer, He thought that I was the toxic survivor, when I really thanked him

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited October 2022

If they were just being inefficient and waiting for hatch for a dumb challenge or any other type of direct sandbagging, yeah they're pretty much costing you the game.

But If the person did 4 gens because everyone else kept divebombing the hook and forcing trades while they were the only one actually working toward the objective, I feel more sorry for them than anything. They probably capped their points for the match ages ago while everyone else has been forcing themselves at the killer, and they are using a perk like kindred or empathy to see it all in realtime. It all really depends on the context of the match around them.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,828

You’re lucky. I get killers who just don’t care about STBFL & tunnel me out if I’m the obsession.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

In instances where this happens to me, it's usually because the killer abandons chase with me and is then hesitant to engage in another chase. Either that, or gens are flying by and I just never was in a position to take agro from the killer.

• eleventbh
    eleventbh Member Posts: 374

Trading hooks isn't that smart but yes, the amount of hooks you have versus the amount the rest of your team has is a resource to keep track of and affects how you should play, but a lot of people don't pay attention or care.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

Yeah just had a game where I took a hit for someone and aggro with 3 of us still left in the game.

Guess who got to die on first hook.

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 685

As others have said, just because someone avoids being hooked, it doesn't mean they aren't putting in the work. Knocking out gens, saves, heals, tying up the killer while they desperately search for you around the gen you are working on. I've had games where I've wasted more of the killer's time by them trying to dig me out than almost the combined chases of the rest of the team. Oh, and when the exit gates are open, you're on hook, and it's just you, me, and the killer, I'm the one that's gonna try and get you out rather than run out myself, even if it means I don't escape.

It's a simple matter of it being better for the team right now for me to leave the chases to those that will last more than 10 seconds, which pulls someone else off a gen and puts them at risk of getting hooked as well.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

I run bond, so i see the kate urbaning about in ormond's main building

Survivors that refuse to touch gens need to be penalised

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,404

Yeah, I'm usually an altruistic solo survivor and happy to take aggro or sacrifice myself to get others out, but teamwork and altruism has been so poor lately in return that every few games I make sure to play for myself now. If I get matched with a reliable team then we'll go down together. If I'm matched with team mates farming unhooks and being unreliable, then it's every man for himself.

One thing i won't do though is hide for hatch

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 753

I think it’s fairly common, killers who don’t want to “tunnel” but will only focus on two survivors. I’ve had so many matches where I was one of the two and just hid when I caught on to the strategy and only became visible when exit gates were open… in one match the killer never hooked or monitored gens because they were looking for just me because I was the only one with hook states, my squad opened the gates and I got hatch.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

If I get competent randoms, I will due for people no doubt. But if my teammates well y'know, do stuff so horribly I will focus on gens and mindmy business. I will only take chase if the killer wants me but I run Distortion so yeah there's that

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 429

I've been on that end a few times, heck I've even been the "never seen" survivor, in that I'm just quietly running arround getting gens done and only going for the unhook if it is 90% safe to do so.

The few times I do try to get the killers attention, they always break chase with me to go after a teammate. It's really weird. 🤔

• Nihlus
    Nihlus Member Posts: 301

Excuse me. Why should I come lemming myself with everyone else? I run kindred and can clearly see no one else is ever doing gens. If I don't then no one does. I am more than happy to unhook or bodyblock if it will help the game progress. I am not obligated to fall on a hook for you and neither is anyone else.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

It is a very inefficient to spread hooks, so good killer players who don't want to hardcore tunnel will tend to ignore one survivor untill one is dead. Chasing a fresh hook just isn't worth it

Also i'm sorry but when it it's very clear that we are not going to open the gate anymore i'm playing for hatch

If this happens cause one is dead and the rest are on deadhook in the 3 minutes it took me to solo 2 gens and i haven't been chased yet then so be it.

I always try to take my part of the pressure but when your team crumbles appart and wouldn't make use of the time you buy them anyway there is no point

Every hatch i get is mmr i'm not losing and one step closer to not have teammates that rat out other players out of petty reasons.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

Truth. Half the time I can't get pallets to throw at all even though I'm spamming the key, people don't know how to recognize what perk's the killer's running and when to let go of gens, which gens to hit first, when to go for an unhook, pass a damn skill check to save their life. Plus my looping sucks. My main mode is stealth. Ninja gens/unhooks/heal from ground/etc.

People like the OP get so salty and accuse you of all kinds of crap when you can do a trial without being hooked. Even when you make double their BPs, they say you did nothing. It's not your job to get hooked, it's their job to avoid it.

• Babadook83
    Babadook83 Member Posts: 208

i don't give a rat's ass what other solo Q players think of my gameplay. at the end of the day, it's about your fun, and you play the way you like it. same for killers. If its allowed in the game play rules, then it's a fair game. isn't that wonderful? you get to choose how YOU want it because guess what it's your time and your life.

• Maxitolliony

not really, how are other people supposed to have fun? i remember i was watching a angerypug stream a long time ago since i was bored and liked him at the time. dude was on a alt and just walking on the edge of the map all game. i called him out and got banned -_-. this happens the same in game people are just roaming the map no gens or chases just roaming. this is not fun at all. i bought the game and want to play the game how its supposed to be played, people roaming around the map makes the whole team stressed and not have fun :(. i played with dcs and i say 3v1 is not easy at all.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

I'm one of these people. Usually, it's because you all are getting chased while i do gens. I can't trade hooks while I'm across the map, and I'm not running over just to get chased and hooked.

• Maxitolliony

you're supposed to get chased and hooked -_-, that is the game -_-. plus if you let a teammate die all the killer have to do is injure and hook the other and its ggs.

• Babadook83
    Babadook83 Member Posts: 208

yeah he was doing a challenge with his community. playing like claudette, running around the edge of the map

• Maxitolliony

god i hating the blending girl, i legit crank my volume to hear her in the bushs

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,849

I find a lot of solo random team mates don't seem to understand the concept of taking a hook state being a strong strategy to avoid your team mate on death hook going down.

I get it though, I used to think it was a good thing that the killer never even hooked me and if everyone escapes it sure is. But other than hard tunnelling sometimes you obviously need to take a hook

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

Yeah, the whole problem with the whole 'I'm not taking a hook state' means that, in the long term, you will die more often from that strategy then you will escape. It doesn't matter if you have 0 hook states or 2 hook states at the end of the game; if the gens didn't get done because the Killer tunneled someone out early you still die on the next hook.

• BendIt
    BendIt Member Posts: 104

Different types of no hooked players though...

New players hiding

Solo selfish players waiting for hatch

Decent players the killer hasn't been able to hook

• Ashes
    Ashes Member Posts: 68
    edited October 2022

had a mikaela never hooked, she didn't do much all game and at the end after i saved another teammate and took a hit for them, i tried to hide behind mikaela as we ran toward the exit but she dodged the hatchet so it hit me and then the 3 of them just left me to die on my first hook, even though 2 of them weren't even injured! turns out they were a low-quality swf that i carried (i was still top on points), so obviously they didn't care slightly about the solo queue random.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    edited October 2022

Not everything is so black and white in this game and assuming the worst in people just makes you salty and gives you stress winkles.

I can't count the number of times I have jumped in front other killer to get them to chase me instead of my teammates... Only for the killer to go around me. The killer is doing the smart thing, getting my teammate out of the match who is the weaker player. Why chase me for gen length when they can get my teammate down in out in half the time? Sometimes I am the weakest of the team and the killer knows it, in which case I am the target and my teammates never get hooked.

Giving your teammates crap for not getting hooked is petty af. It is literally not up to them.

Unless you have Bond and have seen a teammate hide in a locker all game, fine, be salty. Its annoying but as long as there are hatch achievements and last survivor standing perks this kind of behaviour will happen.

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

the case for me is, usually when I haven't been hooked in my teammates have it's because they played poorly. I do my very best to be a team player I help out with gens and I do everything I need to do to make sure everyone has a good chance of escaping, but then because the Killer is either tunneling, or my teammates just are playing bad. If my teammates can't hold chase for more than 5 seconds it isn't my responsibility to make sure they get out at that point.

If my teammates are actively helping though, or they are just being tunnel to the entire game then yes I will take hits and whatnot, but unfortunately with solo queue this is not always the case. Sometimes you just get bad teammates, but that point it won't be my responsibility, or if my teammate is throwing that's another reason why I wouldn't take chase or hits for them.

• hex_uwu
    hex_uwu Member Posts: 201

I'm learning from this post that a lot of people here are the never hooked teammates lol

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804

Some games the Killer just wants nothing to do with me. Everyone will be injured, on death hook, and me sitting pretty at full health no hooks. I'll make myself as attractive as possible, they'll hit me then move on. I'll body block, they'll slug me and move on. For a hook trade, they go for the other one. Sometimes killer just REALLY don't want anything to do with me and it looks so bad when I get hatch and it's like 'I swear I would've taken a hook if I could.'

• Maxitolliony

ya i really am wondering about these forums lately........

• MeanieDeeny
    MeanieDeeny Member Posts: 533

Or maybe they’re just better at doing their objectives and staying hidden