The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

never hooked teammates are the worse

2»

Comments

• PrincessCalla
    PrincessCalla Member Posts: 139

A lot of times I find the killer just won't mess with me, I even try to taunt them into chasing me...nope! So I just go get generators done, unhook ASAP, and heal those in need. I use bond so I can try to be as helpful to those in need. Technically, it's not our fault if we don't get hooked. Other times the killer gives up chasing me because they know I am leading them into a dead zone. It would be AWFUL if I was one of those people who run the guy into people repairing a generator, or anyone in general.

Why would you not want to lead the killer to a dead zone? Sometimes they are dumb enough to fall for it, and by the time they give up or injure me, the gates are open.

Maybe you mean people who purposely hide the whole match and do nothing? I don't mind people who can avoid the killer and get stuff done, unhook people, and help.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    edited October 2022

Idk, I'm usually just the last one found by luck while the killer tunnels off my teammates and I'm on a gen and like... they need to get done, everyone else is allergic apparently

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 685

That's kinda my take. Maybe instead of me getting hooked more, if they got hooked less, we'd have a better chance at getting out.

• Netherstorm
    Netherstorm Member Posts: 42

This is my policy when t comes to endgame in DBD: Open the door and leave..

I see the same thing over and over. 5th gen is done. One survivor gets hooked. Other survivors 99% the door. I have kindred, I see the killer standing there, camping the hooked survivor. The group runs over there and it becomes this cartoonish brawl where the killer drops just about everyone as they dive in to unhook.

Usually 2 survivors end up dying on hooks. You give the killer more kills when you could have just left.

If I'm hooked at the end.. just leave.

Open the door and leave.

• OldIronKing
    OldIronKing Member Posts: 67

For many hours I did this but if you don't interact with the killer on a regular basis, you are objectively a bad survivor. It obviously depends on game state because you can play "correctly" and have no hooks, but if you are bad at looping you at least need to be thinking about blocking the killer so they can't finish someone off early. Your hook states are a resource that costs the killer time and obviously saving your teammate is going to help you out in the long run. If you are that bad at looping I suggest using Windows of Opportunity and getting into chases. I still use it and it makes chasing the killer much easier and improving your chase a bit makes the game way more enjoyable as survivor.

• Nihlus
    Nihlus Member Posts: 301

Uh... no. You're supposed to go gens and escape. Chases and hooks are the killer's objective, sir.