Escape Artist Tome Challenge Bug

• Platform- Switch

• Description- I escaped from the trial but got no progress towards the challenge.

• Steps to reproduce- None. Just escape but no progress for it.

• How often- every game

I was playing as Chris on the game against a Trickster. I ran Sole survivor, wake up, reassurance and adrenaline. I opened the exit gate and got downed by knives. I thought the reason why I didn't get progress was due to the down but the next game I used the same build and character.

The second time was against a Nemesis on Rotten Fields and I opened the gates again and got out without being downed and once again no progress

Both times were through the exit gate I don't know if it works for hatch or not.

5 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Dead_by_David17
    Dead_by_David17 Member Posts: 75

Also happening on Xbox One

• Dead_by_David17
    Dead_by_David17 Member Posts: 75

Does not work for hatch either

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

Thank you for letting me and others know this as your sacrifice in time and sanity are not in vain.

• Indecisive111
    Indecisive111 Member Posts: 1

Had the same issue on ps4. Not that this will help much, but here’s what happened with me. Finally randomly got 2 escapes that counted. Every time, ones that counted and ones that didn’t, I played Jane. I ran Hyperfocus, Stakeout, Prove Thyself, and Lithe. Played a lot of matches and didn’t keep track of maps or killers until the last two. Also didn’t take note of the first one that actually counted because I thought the big was fixed. Then I played another match hours later. Escaped and it didn’t count again. That one was on Coldwind against Ghostface. Played another match immediately after. Escaped and it counted. That one was on Coldwind again and against Sadako.

• tylerdiablo
    tylerdiablo Member Posts: 28

Yes I've had the same issue, tried restarting game, different characters. Nothing will progress this challenge. PS5 tag: Grand_Artificer

• StabMeMyers6
    StabMeMyers6 Member Posts: 1

Happening to me on PS5 as well. Escaped multiple times with different characters, unselected and reselected the challenge while only having 1 challenge chosen. I restarted the game and my playstation multiple times. So frustrating because I cannot move forward with the Halloween tome :(

• antisomebody
    antisomebody Member Posts: 3

Having this issue on Switch.