Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Exactly when is Blight getting nerfed?

Audiophile
Audiophile Member Posts: 319
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

What this thread is not about:

• Defending Blight
  • Telling me how it’s easy to counter blight
  • Discussion on how Blight is actually balanced

Just someone tell me some good news about when this killer will get fixed.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

His basekit is fine. Several of his addons need nerfs.

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450

Would 110% movement speed be enough? I mean, his power's already super strong, usable at basically every tile with a little bit of thinking, and he's got insane mobility with or without it. Honestly he could be nurse speed and I don't think he'd go down that much in the right hands.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162
    edited October 2022

You are wrong on all accounts, watch this!

*takes a deep breath*

• I am still learning Blight and am not seeing the OP-ness that everyone claims, so I would say that Blight is 100% a-Okay and pretty balanced with loads of counterplay options

• To tell the truth, Blight is actually embarrassingly easy to counter, just hold W in an open place were he can't hit/readh you with a bounce and you are golden. He can just aim straight at you, but then will slide comically along the place and needing to reapply his serum, giving you all the time in the world to t-bag him and then get away. Or run very tight loops where no one but the 1% best Blight players can follow.

• Blight can be very strong in certain situations, especially for inexperienced survivors, but once you know this kit and how he works it's very easy to analyse the tile set at hand and see which is the optimal way to run it in order to minimise Blight pinball tricks. I would go so far and call Blight the most balanced killer in tver game, just a smidgen ahead of Demogorgon in terms of fairness and balance between effectiveness and counterplay.

Someone at a discord group told me a rumor (because it isn't officially confirmed, yet) that they want to look at some of his add-ons, specifically the Alchemist ring, as that one is a bit underperformed right now. But fear not, I think just a few tweaks could unleash this add-ons full potential.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Yeah, it’s pretty inexplicable that he moves at base speed with his power.. and cracked add-ons. More than an add-on nerf, he does need either a lower base speed, or less rush tokens with a longer recharge by default.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited October 2022

I am sure his add ons will get looked at in the future.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Yeah I don't think you have any idea how bad losing one rush would be. Shredded notes is one of his worst add-ons for a reason. And 2 seconds a rush is pretty reasonable. His base-kit is the most well designed and allows for the most skill expression on both sides. We all know it's just 3 or 4 add-ons that are disgusting.

• Audiophile
    Audiophile Member Posts: 319

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought I heard that the great majority of killer games are vs solos vs swfs. If someone has the exact percentages, please post. But I believe it was like 10% were swf. So…. 90% of your games are easy but you need the last 10% to be made easier too…

• Rise432
    Rise432 Member Posts: 162

what exactly need nerf besides alch ring?

speed is fine, comp 21 already got nerfed, insta down is kinda meh.

collision is inconsistent.

devs already said they will try and fix his collision so hug tech is gone but bump logic is stronger

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

I'm surprised it's been 6 months after hug tech was considered as a bug and still didn't get fixed.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

That's not even close to correct.. You aren't playing against a solo lobby 90% of the time. That's absurd. They shared stats in the past where around 54% of lobbies were AT LEAST a 2-man SWF. That was way before the 6.1.0 patch too so it's safe to say more people are SWFin now

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

Also you're only playing against Blight like 5% of the time so by your logic, Blight doesn't need a nerf

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943

Basekit Blight is fine

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

Unlike Nurse, Blight actually plays the rules of the game. Some of his addons definitely make playing against him super obnoxious, and playing as him too easy, but the killer himself is fairly well made.

• Sava18

I know this is complete sarcasm. But most people don't know how to play vs blight well. It's the only killer in the game with so much depth to it to warrant needing to play it yourself.

• Akumakaji

Actually is the same with a lot of killers. Yesterday or so a returning player complaint about the OP kits of Wesker and Dredge, stating that they can do nearly everything, ie vaulting, dashing, teleporting, leaving a husk etc.

But all this tricks have some counterplay or leave you in a bad spot when they miss etc. and you gotta play them yourself in order to fully grasp how complicated some of this abilities are to pull off.

Blight is premium at this: he can do all kinda hugging tricks and hunt you down and be oppressive like no-one else, but if you try him yourself for the first time, you'll just dash past trees and walls and slide ungracefully all over the place.

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    edited October 2022

Given nurse is still top killer by a far margin since release, you still have a couple of years before Blight is even considered.

• Sava18

Pretty much every killer you can learn to play against without actually playing them yourselves. But there are quite literally countless ways to abuse blight based on map rng and the random collision that follows that. I'm not saying blight is easy to counter, he's not, he would not be a good killer if he was. People don't know what wiggles are, people don't know most of the collision that does or does not work for blight. People don't know that you can pluto blight off half the shacks in the game. People don't know you can force a vacuum and get distance on blight if you play right at the right tile. The only thing I see people do that is correct is play trash tiles, that are very hard for blight to play around. When I run into that one amazing survivor who knows how to play vs blight really well I could not care less about anything in that game, although that is 1 in 100. Blight is simultaneously the most skilled killer in the game and the most skillful to play against as survivor, the only problem is he has 3 add-ons that mitigate this to some extent. Even though alch ring is op, it can be somewhat played around. Most survivor's will just hold w to the next tile even though they know blight has alch ring, when they should just stay at the current tile where they got hit unless the next tile is less than 12 or 16M away I forget. Blight both plays around the mechanics of the game and can be countered in the same way as nurse to some extent(LoS and being unpredictable) but that is not his primary counter play. Like genuinely most people don't know rad car exists when it doesn't even require a hug tech it just doesn't have collision other than at a perfect 90 degree angle. If you go against even a decent blight on autohaven once you would know that.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,197

blight is easily one of the most balanced killers in the game. he is true test of skill from survivor side. The add-on makes him more challenging to play against but nothing too different from regular blight. my only complain about blight is playing against him too often.

Survivor rather just complain that the killer is over-tuned then learn to play against the killer. nothing special really.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

when nurse gets reworked, switch cross-progression gets added, feng stops getting cosmetics and bhvr stops gradually implementing predatory monetization

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

Why do you say Blight needs a nerf?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

How is a Blight with Alchemist Ring a "true test of skill from survivor side"?

I mean, the best outcome for a Survivor would be to dodge all 4 Lethal Rushes so that Blight used them all. The second best outcome would be to dodge 3 Lethal Rushes and only get hit by the last one. You probably will agree that a Survivor who manages to dodge 3 Lethal Rushes is better than someone who does not dodge a single Lethal Rush and gets hit by the first Lethal Rush.

However, with Alchemist Ring it does not matter if you dodge 3 Lethal Rushes or none at all. So where is the "true test of skill"?

• Devil_hit11

You probably will agree that a Survivor who manages to dodge 3 Lethal Rushes is better than someone who does not dodge a single Lethal Rush and gets hit by the first Lethal Rush.

I do not agree. its like saying a survivor that gets hit by first wesker bound is worse then the survivor that got hit by 2nd wesker bound. the end outcome is the same. Both survivors made a mistake and got hit.

How is a Blight with Alchemist Ring a "true test of skill from survivor side"?

Between base-kit blight and alchemist ring blight, the potency of blight's power does not change. Alchemist ring is pseudo recharge token add-on, similar to shred notes. it grants token recharge rate if you successfully use the power. Blight player use this add-on because it allows them to go for more risky blight rushes and not suffer long cooldown for being successful. Cooldowns in general just slow killer gameplay down and add nothing to the game(both for survivor and killer). I can understand killer using an add-on to speed up their gameplay. I have escaped many alchemist ring blights. I do not see the problem with the add-on.

perhaps you should explain why you dislike playing vs alchemist ring?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

I just explained it, lol.

And there is a difference between someone getting hit by the first Lethal Rush and someone getting hit by the last Lethal Rush. (If anything else is the same obviously)

You have the second best outcome and dont get any distance from it, because the Blight has all the Rushes back immediatly. But in the end, it is not even an discussion if Alchemist Ring is OP or not, basically the whole community agrees on that.

• Devil_hit11

well I do not care about popular opinion. I do not agree that add-on is imbalanced. you do get distance from alchemist ring add-on. blight suffers his regular hit cooldown and goes into fatique. you get your regular sprint burst. There is no difference between first hit and 4th hit rush. The survivor got hit in both cases. You get your default cooldowns and you are shortly tasked to outplay the ability once more. there is nothing wrong with interaction.

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378
    edited October 2022

What do you mean, there's literally no difference because of that busted ass add-on. That's the whole point. Make Blight take off Alchemist Ring and watch how much of a difference getting hit by the first rush compared to the 4th rush is.

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578

So you are still learning blight and not seeing the OPness? Why not try learning blight before commenting on how Blight is not OP.

He is very OP. His addons are busted and there is a bug that allows him to slide against objects/walls without triggering a bump, effectively allowing him to curve around walls and hit survivors he has no business being able to hit. You simply look at the ground while rushing. For some reason, looking at the ground disables the blight's bump collision. It's actually the stupidest bug ever.

@Devil_hit11

Any who says Blight is not OP right now hasn't played against a high skill blight.

• Sava18

Bro akumakaji was trying his best to be obvious in his sarcasm.

• Sava18

Actually the reason I run alch ring when I do goes like this.

Blight rush = most fun in the game, Alch ring = more rushes and green speed = faster rushes. It's simply the must fun I can have in this game regardless of what people think of it. If you can't beat shadowborne bbq blight running alch ring and green speed, that's on you.

• Akumakaji

Awww, thanks for your support <3

But I was 100% honest with every little thing I said about Blight /s

• 6659Leg
    6659Leg Member Posts: 102

When he's actually broken and when you're not terrible at the game :)

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

we dont have the cristal ball but eveybody knows that blight needs a nerf, not to his BASE KIT, his power is fine, what is not fine are his addons... we nerf his addons and he remains strong but fair.

• MerleDixon
    MerleDixon Member Posts: 159

Skill issue

• Kosturko92
    Kosturko92 Member Posts: 136

If you nerf blight addons, why leaving so many survivor addons and tools untouched ?

Medkits are broken af

Tool boxes is something that needs pure rework.

Now pair them with best survivor addons and tell me how's that fair ?

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578

Yes, I'm sure running an absolutely busted addon and wrecking the survivors is fun for you.

• Kosturko92
    Kosturko92 Member Posts: 136

Blight broken ?

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

The same time SWF gets nerfed.

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 442

His add - ons are absurd, but 'hug tech' is not. Only pubstomping blights do it, and its way easier to play against than bump logic. I do think it should be removed, but its not overpowered.

• zHypnotism
    zHypnotism Member Posts: 79

That's funny because according to nighlight.gg and recent Killer Pickrate stats, Blight and Nurse together make up for ~10% combined pickrate... so 90% of your games are easy but you need the last 10% to be made easier too?