A Rework of Bloodpoint Offerings

se05239
se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Hello, everyone.
I've come to propose changes to the bonus Bloodpoint offerings that's currently exist in Dead by Daylight.

Here's how it looks like currently.

• Three offerings per bloodpoint category at three different strengths (50/75/100%). 12 in total.
  • One 25% to everything offering.
  • One 25% to everything for all survivors offering. (Survivor unique)
  • One personal 100% to everything offering.
  • One 100% to everyone in everything offering.

Now we're up in 15 different offerings (16 for survivors) that can net you bonus bloodpoints after a trial.

That's.. quite a lot. All of these eat up space in the bloodweb that could have gotten you more useful things, like add-ons.
And to be fair, you don't see a lot of people burning up common/uncommon bloodpoint offerings because they don't feel worthwhile to use.

So here's my suggestions for reworking the bonus Bloodpoint offerings.

The first step would be to remove the bloodpoint offerings that only affect a single category. They're simply not worth using.
An example. 50% to one category (in a perfect game) nets you 4000 bonus bloodpoints while the 25% to everything (under the same circumstances) rewards you with 8000. This means that you can only match the 25% to everything offering by burning the rare 100% to one category offering and then max out that category.. and since the 25% to everything offering is both cheaper to get and more common to find in the bloodweb, it's just a net negative.

Knowing this.. the changes would be like this:

• 1 25% to everything. (Sweet William / Raven)
  • 1 50% to everything. (Crispleaf Amaranth / Spotted Owl)
  • 1 75% to everything. (Primrose Blossom / Shrike)
  • 1 100% to everything. (Bog Laurel / Tanager)
  • 1 25% to everyone in everything. (Envelope / Hollow Shell)
  • 1 50% to everyone in everything. (Bound Envelope / Undulating Cocoon (New item, basically killer version of Bound Envelope))
  • 1 75% to everyone in everything. (Escape Cake / Survivor Pudding)
  • 1 100% to everyone in everything. (Bloody Party Streamer)

That'd reduce the total amount of bonus Bloodpoint offerings down from 15 (16) to 8 in total.
Every offering would net you more bloodpoints than the base "one category" offerings (which would reduce grind) AND since more games would have offerings that affected everyone in the trial, hopefully it'd deter DCs and prolong games which can only promote to help our community more. At least.. one can dream.

TL:DR
Reduce the total bloodpoint offerings from 15 (16 for survivor) to 8 in total by making all offerings affect all different categories.

Post edited by se05239 on

Comments

• se05239

@TragicSolitude said:
    I don't like the envelope offerings that give BP to all survivors but not the killer. The killer deserves love, too. Seriously, though, it's not right and I see no reason for those offerings to specifically exclude the killer. It feels mean spirited.

I think its intentional that it only affects survivors as it promotes that "us vs them" feeling.
    It'd reduce the animosity that's infecting Dead by Daylight.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    se05239 said:

Hello, everyone.
    I've come to propose changes to the bonus Bloodpoint offerings that's currently exist in Dead by Daylight.

Here's how it looks like currently.

• Three offerings per bloodpoint category at three different strengths (50/75/100%). 12 in total.
    • One 25% to everything offering.
    • One 25% to everything for all survivors offering. (Survivor unique)
    • One personal 100% to everything offering.
    • One 100% to everyone in everything offering.

Now we're up in 15 different offerings (16 for survivors) that can net you bonus bloodpoints after a trial.

That's.. quite a lot. All of these eat up space in the bloodweb that could have gotten you more useful things, like add-ons.
    And to be fair, you don't see a lot of people burning up common/uncommon bloodpoint offerings because they don't feel worthwhile to use.

So here's my suggestions for reworking the bonus Bloodpoint offerings.

The first step would be to remove the bloodpoint offerings that only affect a single category. They're simply not worth using.
    An example. 50% to one category (in a perfect game) nets you 4000 bonus bloodpoints while the 25% to everything (under the same circumstances) rewards you with 8000. This means that you can only match the 25% to everything offering by burning the rare 100% to one category offering and then max out that category.. and since the 25% to everything offering is both cheaper to get and more common to find in the bloodweb, it's just a net negative.

Knowing this.. the changes would be like this:

• 1 25% to everything. (Sweet William / Raven)
    • 1 50% to everything. (Crispleaf Amaranth / Spotted Owl)
    • 1 75% to everything. (Primrose Blossom / Shrike)
    • 1 100% to everything. (Bog Laurel / Tanager)
    • 1 25% to everyone in everything. (Envelope / Hollow Shell)
    • 1 50% to everyone in everything. (Escape Cake / Survivor Pudding)
    • 1 100% to everyone in everything. (Bloody Party Streamer)

That'd reduce the total amount of bonus Bloodpoint offerings down from 15 (16) to 7 in total.
    Every offering would net you more bloodpoints than the base "one category" offerings (which would reduce grind) AND since more games would have offerings that affected everyone in the trial, hopefully it'd deter DCs and prolong games which can only promote to help our community more. At least.. one can dream.

TL:DR
    Reduce the total bloodpoint offerings from 15 (16 for survivor) to 7 in total by making all offerings affect all different categories.

Not at all. Those offerings should be changed as follows:
    1) 25/50/75/100% personal bonuses to everything;
    2) 25/50/75/100% group bonuses to everything.

You forgot the 75% group bonus. XD
  • se05239

@Entità said:

I mean I guess?
    The developers would need to design that 75% one though. They'd only need to modify values with my rework. No new content required, only a few changes in code to remove most offerings and change the values of the remaining ones.

• Entità
    se05239 said:

@Entità said:

I mean I guess?
    The developers would need to design that 75% one though. They'd only need to modify values with my rework. No new content required, only a few changes in code to remove most offerings and change the values of the remaining ones.

Among 16 offerings, they can recycle 8 icons instead of 7, changing only the texts and the numerical parameters. :)
  • se05239

@Entità said:
    se05239 said:

@Entità said:

I mean I guess?

Among 16 offerings, they can recycle 8 icons instead of 7, changing only the texts and the numerical parameters. :)

I guess. They don't have to make any new icons or whatever with only 7 offerings, thus making the actual effort of reworking the offerings borderline minimal.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    se05239 said:

@TragicSolitude said:
    I don't like the envelope offerings that give BP to all survivors but not the killer. The killer deserves love, too. Seriously, though, it's not right and I see no reason for those offerings to specifically exclude the killer. It feels mean spirited.

I think its intentional that it only affects survivors as it promotes that "us vs them" feeling.

Let's drive away even more killers.
    Sounds like a good idea considering the current survivor queues 
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Yea, brown BP offerings are a joke. May be more simple to just reduce their BP cost, maybe 2000 for the 50% ones and +1000 going up yellow and green. But I could get behind OP's proposal too.
    There's one suggestion I would add: make Ebony Mori grant a 25% or 50% BP bonus to survivors. It would mitigate the stress a little :) 
  • se05239

@Master said:
    se05239 said:

@TragicSolitude said:

Let's drive away even more killers.
    Sounds like a good idea considering the current survivor queues 

Good ideas aren't always on the developers' agenda, as we have seen from time to time.

• Yrutan
    Yrutan Member Posts: 26

I have to agree. I keep having too many of these. I even tried to use one each game and I once managed to run out of the common (brown) ones ... on one character.

Also, I was just thinking that the mist offering could give increase bloodpoints to all players so that they would be used more often. Like some kind of better Bound Envelope as they would be more common.

• se05239

@George_Soros said:
    Yea, brown BP offerings are a joke. May be more simple to just reduce their BP cost, maybe 2000 for the 50% ones and +1000 going up yellow and green. But I could get behind OP's proposal too.

Reducing costs would be the other way to do it but I think everyone can agree that higher numbers on that end-game screen is faaar nicer than slightly less wasted bloodpoints for buying an offering from the bloodweb.

• se05239

@Yrutan said:
    I have to agree. I keep having too many of these. I even tried to use one each game and I once managed to run out of the common (brown) ones ... on one character.

Also, I was just thinking that the mist offering could give increase bloodpoints to all players so that they would be used more often. Like some kind of better Bound Envelope as they would be more common.

I still got a global crapload of common offerings and I won't run out of them in forever. No matter how many I burn, I get a few back every web nonetheless. Its an exercise in futility.

Eh, the mist offering just spices things up.

• se05239

Gonna bump this for the sake of it being relevant. Sorry!

• Entità

There are going to be a huge amount of perks (6 new perks every 3 months for at least 5 years): it's an excellent idea to buff the bloodpoints bonuses offerings, in order to reduce an otherwise insane grinding.

• se05239

@Entità I suppose you could also just make it so that all perks only have a single tier, instead of three. Would cut down on the perk grind by a shitload.

I prefer this approach though. More points often means more fun.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

I like this idea :)

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

While I think your suggestion is a perfectly appropriate way to deal with the situation, I propose something that would bridge the gap between live and hypothetical:

Remove the Common Wreaths in the meantime. Turn them into their corresponding uncommon offerings.

P.S. I would personally like to see the Ardent Wreaths affect more than one category and increase the in-game bp cap and/or point generation.

• se05239

@Kind_Lemon Less stuff in the web that also deals more points overall is just a win-win situation.

Ardent Raven Wreaths in my suggestion is what the Hollow Shell is currently. If you want a increased BP cap, you could suggest to the developers that every devotion level you have increases the maxiumum with 250k or something.

• Kind_Lemon

@se05239

Sorry, I was unclear. I was talking about the 8k bp max in any category not the player’s total bp count. Eg. Ardents increase cap to 10k possible per respective category.

• se05239

@Kind_Lemon Isn't that kinda useless? I rather just have more after-game bonus BP myself. Less work for more points.

• Kind_Lemon

You might think so, but currently, the max additional bloodpoints a player can get from an ardent wreath is 8k if the category was completely filled (which is sometimes difficult in survival, altruism, brutality, and deviousness). The 5k offering only granted an additional 3k out of a match if that category was filled. If the bloodpoint cap were increased for that category, then it would be possible to get more (even in not your best match) than only 3k extra out of one offering.

• se05239

@Kind_Lemon That'd still require you to do much, much better than normal.. like doing all generators by yourself, doing all saves by yourself, only you being chased the entire game etc.

The current category sizes are fine, I believe. They motivate players to do more than just one thing all game.

• QwrtyMan213
    QwrtyMan213 Member Posts: 243

If anything, the entire bloodpoint system needs a rework. It's such a grind!

• se05239

@QwrtyMan213 It has already been reworked because it used to be EVEN WORSE back in the day. What needs to happen is to Bloodpoint gain to increase or perk levels to be removed, either would heavily reduce the grind.

• Kind_Lemon

Nearly every game with hag, I can consistently guarantee that I will max out the deviousness category before the game is over. That means the no one escapes score event is worthles to me. I'm sure this is the case for most people's main killer. I can also guarantee that I max out chaser on most of my killers, and this is unavoidable if I bring Beast of Prey or Thrill of the Hunt. Sarifice points are the oddball in this category, so let's not talk about them. Brutality points are either not even close to max when the trial ends or are maxed halfway through.

For survivor, I can max out chaser is the killer is bad pretty quickly, and I often max out objectives because I'm at heart a gen jockey, so that means activities like escaping chases at the end of the game or scouting with maps are pointless even if it's important to gameplay.

It's not hard to max out a category especially if you plan around it, and it doesn't require you to "do much, much better than normal". I can't vouch for you or the rest of the community, but I personally want the points for the actions I'm doing. My suggestion is one way to see that happen sometimes.

• tafner
    tafner Member Posts: 52

that would be nice

• se05239

Added an 8th offering, making it more streamlined.

• prof_teabagger
    prof_teabagger Member Posts: 121

Bump cuz good and needed. @Peanits @Patricia @not_Queen any statement about that?

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

Survival category is incredibly difficult depending on the killer to max out that last 3k. You would have to escape the killer's shoulder SIX TIMES and escape alive to max out survival category.

Every killer needs to have some form of survival point event. Dodge a Leatherface chainsaw where he comes within 2m of you during the chainsaw charge? Get survival points.

Altruism points are hit or miss and survivors compete over them. Not to mention healing takes forever, so meh.

• se05239

@tehshadowman33 It'd be kinda cool to be honest. It'd be easier for some killer powers to add a survival point event to but some are really obscure.. so it'd not be as easy overall to design evenly between all killers.

• tehshadowman33

Name a killer, and I'll give a sample of what survival point event would be. Keep in mind, a good portion of our killers already have them, but they could also be expanded upon. For example, dodging a Pig ambush attack where she narrowly misses hitting you by like 2m = Survival points.

• se05239

@tehshadowman33 Make a list of all killers and the survival point event you'd associate with them.

• tehshadowman33

Okay!

I won't list the survival point events for killers that already have them, but I'll also be expanding where I see fit. Heck, I'll even include other category scoring events like Altruism and Boldness. Names for scoring events aren't final... They're just what I could think of off the top of my head, and I don't assign the actual point reward values for anything, mind you.

Trapper:

Trap Buffer - (Altruism) Rewards points when buffering a trap allows another survivor to pass over it unscathed. NOTE: To prevent farming abuse, each survivor can only get this scoring event once per trap, even if that trap is reset by the Trapper or his ultra rare addon.

Wraith:

Ambush Survivor - (Survival) Rewards points when as a survivor, avoid a lunge from a decloaked Wraith (who has movement speed buff applied) by less than or equal to 2m.

Hillbilly:

Chainsaw Dodge - (Survival) Rewards points when as a survivor, during chase, avoid a chainsaw rush from a Hillbilly by less than or equal to 2m.

Rodeo - (Boldness) Rewards points when as a survivor, during chase, cause a Hilbilly to collide with another object by less than or equal to 2m from you.

Nurse:

Duck and Weave - (Survival) Rewards points when as a survivor, during chase, avoid a lunge from a Nurse directly following the Nurse's blink by less than or equal to 2m. NOTE: The point reward is higher for this depending on the number of blinks the Nurse used before lunging. 

Adept Killer Stun - (Boldness) Rewards points when as a survivor, pallet stun a Nurse during her blink. NOTE: This scoring event replaces the standard 'Killer Stun' scoring event when it triggers.

Michael Myers:

Cheat Death - (Survival) Rewards points when as a survivor, during chase, avoid a lunge from Michael Myers by less than or equal to 2m while Michael Myers is in Evil Within III.

Hag:

Ambush Survivor - (Survival) Rewards points when as a survivor, avoid a lunge from a Hag (who has teleported within the last 5 seconds) by less than or equal to 2m.

Tempting Fate - (Boldness) Rewards points when as a survivor, trigger Phantasm Traps while the Hag is carrying another survivor and you are within the Hag's terror radius.

Doctor:

Treatment Resistant - (Survival) Rewards points when as a survivor, while shock stunned, avoid a lunge from a Doctor by less than or equal to 2m.

Huntress: 

Hatchet Dodge - (Survival) Rewards points when as a survivor, avoid a hachet throw from a Huntress by less than or equal to 2m.

Leatherface:

Chainsaw Dodge - (Survival) Rewards points when as a survivor, during chase, avoid a chainsaw rush from a Leatherface by less than or equal to 2m.

Rodeo - (Boldness) Rewards points when as a survivor, during chase, cause a Leatherface to collide with another object by less than or equal to 2m from you.

Freddy:

Dream Warrior - (Survival) Rewards points when as a survivor, during chase, avoid a lunge from Freddy by less than or equal to 2m within two seconds after you fall asleep.

Adept Killer Stun - (Boldness) Rewards points when as a survivor, pallet stun Freddy while you are awake. NOTE: This scoring event replaces the standard 'Killer Stun' scoring event when it triggers.

Pig:

Ambush Survivor - (Survival) Rewards points when as a survivor, avoid an ambush lunge from a Pig by less than or equal to 2m.

Clown:

Who's Laughing Now? - (Survival) Rewards points when as a survivor, during chase, avoid a lunge from a Clown by less than or equal to 2m while under the effect of Intoxication.

Spirit:

Ninja - (Survival) Rewards points when as a survivor, during chase, avoid a lunge from a Spirit (who has movement speed buff applied after coming out of phase walk) by less than or equal to 2m.

Adept Killer Stun - (Boldness) Rewards points when as a survivor, pallet stun a Spirit while Spirit is in phase walk. NOTE: This scoring event replaces the standard 'Killer Stun' scoring event when it triggers.

Legion:

Frenzy Dodge - (Survival) Rewards points when as a survivor, during chase, avoid a lunge from a Legion (who is in Feral Frenzy) by less than or equal to 2m.

Adept Killer Stun - (Boldness) Rewards points when as a survivor, pallet stun a Legion while Legion is in Feral Frenzy. NOTE: This scoring event replaces the standard 'Killer Stun' scoring event when it triggers.

Plague:

Vomit Dodge - (Survival) Rewards points when as a survivor, during chase, avoid a vomit stream from a Plague (who has Corrupt Purge) by less than or equal to 2m.

Adept Killer Stun - (Boldness) Rewards points when as a survivor, pallet stun a Plague while Plague has Corrupt Purge. NOTE: This scoring event replaces the standard 'Killer Stun' scoring event when it triggers.

Ghostface:

Cheat Death: (Survival) Rewards points when as a survivor, during chase, avoid a lunge from Ghostface by less than or equal to 2m while under the exposed effect from being stalked.

Adept Killer Stun - (Boldness) Rewards points when as a survivor, pallet stun Ghostface while Ghostface has Night Shroud activated. NOTE: This scoring event replaces the standard 'Killer Stun' scoring event when it triggers.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

This was a really interesting read. An original take on how to streamline the bloodpoint offerings! 🙂

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

I would like this but at the same time every time I throw on a bloody party streamers the killer DCs almost instantly.

• se05239

@Atrushan88 There seems to be something with BPS in general. I've had games with plenty of Escape Cakes and Puddings mixed, or plenty of Gateu cakes without any problems but as soon as there's a Bloody Party Streamer in the mix.. there's issues.

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442

well, lot other people thought same and they suggested same and this idea is simply benefit everyone in game

of course players like me welcome anyday

but devs should worry about inflation

• se05239

@prettyf Myeah, I ain't the first to suggest an improvement to the bloodpoint offerings but I am definitely the one with the biggest thread related to it.

As for the.. "inflation".. thanks to all the events and 2x week(ends) that have been lately, I am drowning in Ebony Moris, strong add-ons, all perks on my favorites and so on. I imagine a lot of other players are also swimming in stuff.

I doubt improving the bloodpoint offerings would cause any more damage than they've already done themselves.