We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

holy crap Executioner is horrible

RavenBirb
RavenBirb Member Posts: 466
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

Ever since they nerfed him I see very little use of him, everything he does is too slow to actually be efficient.

He's just bad and not fun

Comments

• Tranquil_Blue
    Tranquil_Blue Member Posts: 335
    edited October 2022

He is definitely not bad at all. He can feel very clunky, especially when you're not used to him (turning while using his power feels weird), but his power can be quite strong. If you're on PC, you might want to try Q and E for turning while laying down trails.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

He can feel clunky to use at first but if you get used to his power he's really strong. Can't reallyl oop effectively against him.

Plus he's the best tunneler in the game.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Feels clunky sometimes but still really good

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464

True, also the speed to put the sword on ground should reduce

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

He's ok but DS and such are not a big problem for killers now, so PH is not as strong as back then. But they reall need to look at those addons.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,614

In my opinion he is bad against good players, good players dodge your power 90% of the times unless you use it in windows or very narrow places, the same thing happen with Nemesis tentacle. I like both killers but they feel very inconsistent for me.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

He can damage survivors through walls on high wall pallet loops. He's fine.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,150
    edited October 2022

I am a Pyramidhead main, and even after couple hundred hours his power feels clunky and unwieldy to use, BUT if you keep it up and learn it's ins and outs, you will be better at judging survivors behaviour and how your ability works, where to aim etc and you can become such a menace, landing "unfair and cheeky" hit after "unfair and cheeky" hit.

I mostly keep survivors damned for tracking purposes, the trail shows you which directions they went like an 2s after image, and for using the special mori at him stage 3, but sending them to a cage in a pinch can allow you to keep the pressure up mid-chase and even peel survivors off of gens and sends them to the other side of the map.

Even if you are still learning, putting your sword in the ground will let survivors run through a palette instead of dropping it 90% of the time, so the psychological menace of a POTD attack might be bigger then its actual damage. Also if you can, equip Weskers Awakened Awareness, see survivors hiding behind bushes and walls and hit them with an uncounterable surprise POTD after hooking.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,455

He's great if you are good at predicting survivor pathing behind walls, and terrible if you aren't

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,849

He is a lot of fun when you get some decent snipes but not the easiest killer to destroy teams with. Survivors who are moderately aware can make it a bit rough, though I am no expert with him so there is that...

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Was the best tunneler. I think Wesker takes the cake currently. PH has to get you Tormented before he can tunnel effectively, and a good player will make that difficult. Meanwhile, Wesker can just bring an add-on to infect everyone and can apply infection with his power more easily. Plus, if you tunnel immediately off hook, eventually that Survivor gets an 8% slowdown, so you will catch them no matter what.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

Disagree he's pretty good if you know how to use him. I honestly believe he's got the potential to be a top 5 killer.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,868

lol, no. PH is one of the better killers in the game when you get a feel for him.

But at first he can feel very unwieldy, for sure. He feels lumbering, it takes time to ready his power (and there is an audio cue), his M1 just feels wonky at first, etc.

But he can be very good. I think there is a very strong correlation between success with him and being able to predict survivor's movements (yeah, you can say this about all killers, but moreso with PH) since a lot of his power lies in being able to hit blindly through walls and obstacles.

To that end, I would suggest running I'm All Ears in any PH build; it really is one of the best, if not the best perk to run on him. Also one thing that some people don't realize is that he doesn't slow down all that much when his sword is in the ground, so you shouldn't be too hesitant to keep it down, even (maybe especially) while looping. It also makes it much harder for survs to predict when you are going to use his power.

And getting those hits through walls after making a great prediction or tracking well is super gratifying. One of the best feelings as killer, imo. And if you can get survs tormented, it opens up options that allow you to circumvent flashlight saves, DS, etc. entirely.

His add-ons are mostly trash tier, though. Probably the worst in the game. The only ones worth running are the distance ones really, and his iris are a joke.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761

He needs an add on pass, since 95% of his add ons are complete butt. And getting hit by Punishment of the Damned should apply torment to the survivor

• pocajohnny
    pocajohnny Member Posts: 219

There is a special kind of "jank" feeling to him no doubt.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

HEY

BE NICE TO HIM

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,275
    edited October 2022

I'd say it's more you have to pay for him + paying for his best perks + time invested to learn how to use his entire kit effectively. He's not bad at all, he just feels bad to play due to his controls and movement being so stiff. Basically what @Akumakaji and @Thusly_Boned said. Kit is fantastic, mind-game potential on platinum, drop dead sexy, add-ons are meh, but honestly imo he doesn't need to have uber amazing ones because the gems already there do exactly what they need to take the strongest points of his gameplay and make them even stronger without breaking game balance. He also does one thing very few killers can do, and that's force survs to play into and change their gameplay around your power, which is a huge advantage for you as killer because now you have more options to secure your end-game goal.

The worst thing I could say is he feels clunky like they coded tank controls in along with him. He can also be pretty predictable since most his actions are fairly readable, so any survivor worth their salt will play try to play to other weakness in your kit and overall gameplay to try and give you a hard time. If you have a perk like say IAE or even AA on PH, then there are things you can do to better handle those situations when they come up, and improve on tracking strats and all that good #########. Without it though, you're stuck spending time developing gameplay around those weaknesses.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,690

He is strong but I don't enjoy playing him. He is clunky and not really interesting.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

If you play the way survivors want you to play as killer, Pyramid head can be very frustrating and very hard to play. But, if you play to take one person out of the game instantly, there isn't a lot the survivors can do. One of the only things survivors can do is avoid touching his barb wire early in the game. You might notice good players choose a shorter chase over getting the debuff. This is because most good Pyramid head players will use that debuff to tunnel their first/second chase out of the game.

But that is basically pyramid head, you have to pay nasty for him to compete with good survivors. If you play nice you might as well just afk.

• RavenBirb

It is in Theory but literally playing him with good add ons just feel clunky, his trail he sends forward is so easy to predict and it takes so long to recover in chases.

• RavenBirb

what you said in the second part is how his power feels.

• Hensen2100
    Hensen2100 Member Posts: 339

PH is more about zoning than actually hitting people with the shockwave. And tunneling.

Once you realize that he makes a lot more sense. People say the addons besides range are useless for some reason. In reality, recharge and power duration are both almost as strong. Dragging the sword behind people for an eternity is how you should play him for the most part, spamming attacks at people is a desperation move unless they are bad at avoiding it.

So to really play him well, you need extensive map knowledge. You need to pre-emptively put the sword in the ground when approaching loops beyond your line of sight to keep survivors from using them

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

The satisfaction of downing 2 survivors behind a wall or landing a hit after a vault makes him one of my favorite killers. Never mind the utility of the cage and execution mechanics. The only thing holding me from playing him more in the past was his weak synergy with old BBQ.

I also find survivors are very horny for him and will often sacrifice themselves in ecstasy.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,974

He's just good at tunneling.

• OniWantsUrLocation
    OniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 506

He's not bad, but he feels clunky and terrible to control. That takes away most of the fun for me. He felt so smooth before they nerfed him multiple times.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,718
    edited October 2022

His addons are garbage but it does sound like someone's just not that good as him.

He's like a mop: a pain in the ass to use but is incredibly good at cleaning up (the opposing team).

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,718

Good news, it gets better after the 800 hours into him mark

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,275
    edited October 2022

I think it was one of your posts, but someone had some helpful tips for using PoTD on a survivor at a loop with LoS breakers awhile back. That single tactic helped improve my PH gameplay so much once I figured out how to replicate the same results.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I don't think he's bad but I've never liked him because of how clunky he feels.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Wait I thought it was at the thousand hour mark it got better?