We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Reverse Bear Traps.

Krazzik
Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

I want to preface this by saying I'm in no way saying Pig is an OP killer. Im not even saying she's a strong killer. My issue is that Pig's traps can put you in an unwinnable situation as solo-survivor and it just kinda feels kinda crappy.

I was playing against a Pig on Sanctum of Wrath and she had the usual Tampered Timer+Crate of Gears combo. I ended up having to check four jigsaw boxes to get my trap off, and because I was chased off a box once, that meant I literally had no time to check all four. A gen popped while I was on the hook and the second I was unhooked I ran in a straight line between all the boxes, instantly started doing them, missed no skill checks, actually got a couple Great skill checks, and still I couldn't even get to my fourth box before I died.

Now I know the counter to this is to 99 gens until the person with the trap has checked a couple boxes at least, but in solo queue that just very rarely happens. And when it doesn't happen and you're on a large map, or the pig finds you on a box even once, you're dead.

I don't really know what to do about this, I know that Crate of Gears and Tampered Timer have already been nerfed once before, but maybe they should just rework one of them so the combo doesn't exist.

Comments