Locker saves removed but no eruption rework?

The logic behind preventing locker flashlight saves is because there is no way to counter it as the killer, fair enough. However, as a survivor in solo queue there is no reasonable way to counter the overpowered killer perk, eruption. So why is it ok for killers to have play styles with no counter but not ok for survivors? Yet another way to unbalance the game and force people to play killer.

Comments

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,153

I mean BHVR stated that awhile back that SoloQ QoL was in the works, while we dont know the extent of it, maybe it will include some important information which makes them not want to change Eruption? Idk, I never had an issue with locker saves since I just ignore the survivors doing it until they are the last two survivors.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,545

It might still come. Dev Updates are about the big changes, not individual nerfs/buffs. 6.1 was an exception, because the enitre point of that mid-chapter was balance changes.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,316

Dev blogs aren't often focus on balance changes unless it's something notable. Eruption can always get a nerf in the upcoming 6.4, but since 6.4 is a chapter patch don't expect any balance changes to come. It's not often we get balance changes in a chapter patch unless something in that chapter is forcing the change (i.e. franklins and Nemesis).

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

These two aren't related at all but I do think eruption should be toned down. To be incapacitated for do long is annoying

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

I would thank god for an eruption rework, I play mostly solo Q and teammates don't stick to gens already and when they do it explodes and everyone just kinds of give up.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Two counters to eruption; let go of the gen prior to a down and winning a chase which prevents the perk altogether. To a lesser extent there is also trapping the gen with blast mine or the one that wraps the gen in entity arms.

Someone might say,"I can't know that playing solo". Yes you can, perks can equip you with the ability to see almost everything in a match.

• OniWantsUrLocation
    OniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 506

They removed locker saves?

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Ah, they changed one thing and gave a compensation buff, so a completely unrelated thing should also be changed.

DBD forums logic at it's finest.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

the comparision makes 0 sense but i agree on eruption needing a nerf, swf coutners it by discord BUT solo q gets destroyed by this perk.

• DemonDaddy

Empathy alone can show signs, it's up to the individual to act on them. I'm not waiting for the down when I can see them break from a loop only to start making indecisive movements.

• DemonDaddy

Maybe you find it difficult. Empathy shows the teammates movement which is a good indicator of the chase. Add alert and I can monitor how much distance they are maintaining. I do my gens and react accordingly to the info available.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

You could just let go of the gen if you know the killer has eruption and think the survivor will go down. It's not much and it's a gamble but, it's better than doing nothinf also saying Eruption is Overpowered is kinda stretching it when Pain res is better overall.

• AJStyIez
    AJStyIez Member Posts: 419

The irony... You listed a bunch of 'miserable' aspects of playing Survivor but conveniently skip over the fact that the historical advantages and mechanical imbalances given to Survivors upon the game's foundation led to the gen regression meta, tunneling/camping being used more often by already-experienced-in-chase Killers instead of just inexperienced Killers and many more domino effects in the first place. Your biased and selfish attitude is ironically the root cause of all these changes that you cry about. SWFs killed? SWFs are the most coddled sub-faction within this game's community lmfao how are they all of a sudden killed because you can't get cheesy locker saves anymore?

Just reread your hilariously biased Survivor commentary on all the threads real quick, ask yourself if the Survivor experience ESPECIALLY as SWF is actually miserable or are you just miserable? You play the easiest role in the game and act like an oppressed victim over the most miniscule things ever. You're probably the same type of person who was celebrating the mori/basekit unbreakable PTB and telling Killers its not a big deal that a pressure mechanic is being reworked yet look at you crying that something as small as locker saves are the death of the game 🤣

I SWF too but the difference is I don't exclusively play it or rely on it. Some of you really need to play top% Killer lobbies and top% Solo lobbies so you can get off your delusional high-horse and back to reality. I don't mean MMR either, I'm talking about going against the absolute best players on both sides as Solo and Killer regardless of what their invisible # is. Your perspective on the game will change dramatically (Unless you're just extremely biased) and you will feel a lot more sympathy for every role. SWFs have it the easiest by far, you're literally in no position to be complaining about anything if you mainly run in one and can't fathom playing without using lockers or flashlights

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

They should never fix anything then, unless it's all done at once. Including things that aren't related to each other. Should've just left the game as it was in alpha and spent 5 years working on a megapatch.

• Kosturko92
    Kosturko92 Member Posts: 136

Why people run Eruption in the first place ? Because gen rushing is a BIG problem.

They have to fix Medkits and COH first

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,922

I don't see a relation between those 2 things. This looks like cherry picking for me just for the sake of complaining.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,992

Can't nerf medkits until you nerf Nurse and Blight, they down survivors too fast and the team needs the fast heals.

You also can't nerf medkits until you buff solo queue because you can't count on your teammates for a heal.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

I can't tell if this is sarcasm, but what do you think the nerfs will be? They are not going to change total charges, it's probably going to green med kit speed and speed up add-ons. 4 med kits that heal in 12 seconds and those survivors should only lose to blight and nurse if they are running something almost as disgusting and they are better than the survivors.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

That still doesn't tell you if they're gonna go down soon. You don't know if they have Dead Hard or even if they do if they're gonna time it well to extend that chase. What if the killer is near them but they make it to a window? What if it's a killer that's playing around pallets or just ignores them? Then Alert is useless.

It's unrealistic for anyone not on voice coms to effectively counter Eruption. You are basically telling people to just not do gens if someone is injured and in chase.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,992

It's sarcasm - I'm just building off the previous post that we're not allowed to fix anything until we go through a giant chain of changes that upheaves the game, because the idea that we can't fix one thing without fixing everything else that's tangentially related is hilariously prohibitive.

I don't think medkits need any changes except capping the maximum possible heal speed modifier lower (so crazy things like botany + desperate measures + green medkit + coh don't end up with stupid 4 second heals.)

• DemonDaddy

No, your just breaking it down into bad advice. It's up to us to determine when or if letting go is the right choice. I'm not saying the perk gives a clear sign of when a down will happen, im saying it gives us the opportunity to read our teammates movement for judgment calls.

Another thing would be that eruption is only a factor after you've been chased off a gen; another use for alert as it will tell which gens are prepped to explode next.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250

In the past, a nerf to Memento Mori and the key was announced at the same time.

And I remember that in the subsequent update, only Memento Mori received the nerf first.

Perhaps we should know that it is virtually impossible to change everything in one update. But still, I would like to see a list of bugs and systems that you plan to fix.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

Eruption is the biggest perk issue this game has right now, incredibly punishing to solo queue in particular, and still no word on it being fixed?

If the list of to-do things is so long, maybe it is time for a balance patch rather than constantly churning out new killers/survivors. I know, I know. Different teams for different tasks. So why does it seem like the game health/QOL team doesn't have many people working on it?

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,143

Well we have seen the same time and time again from the devs.

Mori -> easy change -> boom, done immediately

Keys -> more complicated (in theory) -> took them some time (a year, to implement a lazy solution)

Same here:

Locker blind -> easy(?) change -> boom, done +compensation

The other problems mentioned -> a whole mess of changes -> eta whenever (and if we are unlucky, more of those sloppy fixes we have gotten sometimes or straight up scrapped)

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

I use eruption a lot and in half my games it never triggers. I kick the gens but it seems like some people have learnt when to stop repairing. I would say maybe 5 seconds after the injure if it's a good nurse, blight or any ranged killer. Maybe 10 seconds if it's an M1.

I don't complain if it doesn't trigger in a match as I know the risks when I equip the perk. I would say knock the inactive time down but you would have to raise the damage caused to compensate for it. Or it could damage and block the gen for the inactive time and remove it completely from survivors. There are other perks that can be used for that though.

• direwolf4553
    direwolf4553 Member Posts: 3

I find eruption just fine plus hoe often do u see a killer run eruption and i live the nerf to flashlights also love how everyone is complaining about the locker saves but not talking about the fact they increased to blinding window for regular flashlight saves

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,026

Can y'all ever let survivors get rightfully nerfed without killers also getting a nerf? Or killers getting a buff without survivors getting a buff as well?

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,026

Those changes are like the worst examples you could make, as they were complained into being reverted near enough instantly. Killers complaining about nerfed Pop and Ruin though? Radio silence.

• rattus210
    rattus210 Member Posts: 50

I'd like to see something done about tunneling/facecamping first before eruption. It's just such an unfun strategy killers can rely on to sometimes guarantee an easy win. But the worst thing about it is the grade system declaring you should lose a pip for being tunneled. The locker abuse was an unfun strat that bully survivor squads used. Now just gotta figure out a way to discourage killers from tunneling, while also maybe slightly buffing the killer in some other areas. Though they would all have to be looked at individually, since we can't just buff killers in general, and just make nurse stronger than she already is.

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519

eruption has a counter. If you know someone is injured and going to go down soon, get off the gen, the same way you counter painres

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

hell, gen kicking builds are atrocious to go against, matches last for like 40 minutes because the killer keeps removing 30%+ progress every time he decides to kick it

• zHypnotism
    zHypnotism Member Posts: 79

eruption and locker saves are by no means comparable... while eruption is annoying as hell when playing survivor and very stale and boring you can at least heal up, count seconds, tap gens and the hud tells you when the obsession is in chase for example to try and avoid the incapitated status (I know all these options aren't great but at least some little form of evasion / counterplay exists) also, killers need to kick gens to activate eruption which potentially gains little to no value and it takes a lot of time to walk to every single gen on the map while locker saves are only done when the killer is near / busy with the survivors being chased and thus will always get value and only requires lockers (which are verywhere since dredge release) to set up. So while eruption might need to get tuned down locker saves are on a different level of broken and even an unintended mechanic so for the fairness of removing other unintended mechanics such as blights hug tech NEEDS to be removed asap

• TeleportingTurkey
    TeleportingTurkey Member Posts: 589

Eruption must have a delay before activating like 1-2 seconds, because it's impossible to know in solo q when another monkey brain teammate is going down and 26 seconds or whatever of incapacitated is just ending games.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

lol

Hear that guys - just know when they are going down. If you don't I guess you just do nothing next to a gen while someone is injured or everyone is exposed. Take longer than the 25 seconds.