Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should CJ Techs be removed?

I honestly don't think they should, but what do y'all think?

Comments

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2022

Extremely high risk and countereable, they are easy to anticipate and can be countered. Most times I see people trying them as both roles they fail miserable and either they give a free hit or a free down.

I dont think they are a problem and honestly I dont think it should be removed, at least not before fixing other more glaring stuff.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,565

No, they shouldn’t be removed.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Turning will just cause the survivor to vault once and get the save instead of having to vault back like a normal cj or at least that's what I do when that happens because there's no collision and I can get right in front, the counter I use is not to spam pallet break and just m1 them when they vault and start slugging if I can without throwing the game

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I don't see why they should be removed.

They are so easy to counter if you expect them

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

Unlike locker flashlight thing, this is very easy to counter if you are conscious of it.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Survivors should spawn on the hook with a 0.1% chance of jumping off the hook.

But just to make sure there should be an automatic entity kill animation if someone jumps off the hook with a 99.99% chance of killing said survivor.

Anything else would be too stressful for killer.

• whispersenthusiast
    whispersenthusiast Member Posts: 106

This tbh. CJ techs are an easy down for any killer who's gone against it before and knows what not to do now.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

Why would they be removed ? If a cj happens it means the killer messed up and deserved to be CJed,,also they look really fancy and give giga chad vibes ,,

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

Nope. It's a cute little thing survivors can try. It's cheeky, it requires decent timing, which is rare for things on the survivor side. It can be outplayed by the killer and it backfires massively if the survivor messes it up. It's nice to have a thing that survivors can do that actually offer a decent risk vs reward and actually feel good to pull off.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I have never once been hit by someone trying a CJ tech, it might be one of the dumbest tactics in the game.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280

Very easy to counter. Just step backwards and let the survivor slide into your lap and get a hit or down :) No need to remove

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,081

Why remove it? It has really easy counter play, i never got it by that and how exactly would you do that?

If you want the biggest counter to CJ tech, dont know why would you need it, but bring either enduring or lightborn

• RavenzZ
    RavenzZ Member Posts: 78

CJ's are easily counterable, pretty hard to pull off, and extremely predictable. CJ's are nothing like flashlight saves.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

I doubt it can be done. They could add it to training to spread awareness about it for newer players and keep it though. I personally don't mind it and can see it coming since survivors can make it obvious and you can bait them into vaulting

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Dissolution says no to cj techs

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,278

Are CJ techs actually an intented function or is it really an exploit??

I think it looks like an exploit, (i could be wrong tho) but if it is... it should be fixed.

• Okonar_
    Okonar_ Member Posts: 499

ofc not, only works against baby killers anyway

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

Please no, I love the free hits.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

I don't think they can remove that and if they do they'd make it where you can't vault a pallet again after 2 seconds maybe which would then lead to other problems.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,983

They will get removed very soon

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

What's a CJ tech?

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,169

Im fine with CJ Techs, if anything, I think they are funny, anytime I see a survivor attempt one, I just die from laughter knowing that it doesnt work on me and that they are wasting their time, or occasionally, they mess it up or Im running Enduring so I get a free hit/grab.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

It's when a killer downs a survivor on one side of a pallet, and a person with a flashlight drops the pallet from the other side.

If the killer goes to break the pallet, the person with the flashlight can vault, making the pallet uninteractable. The space bar press (or whatever the console prompt is) then makes the killer pick up the downed survivor instead of breaking the pallet. The flashlight survivor then fast vaults back to their original position for an easy flashlight save.

However, if the killer anticipates it and waits, the survivor vaults into them for a free hit. It's a stupid tech, but it's easily counterable and extremely risky because of it. I've got no problems with it being in the game.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,491

"SHOULD CJ TECHS BE REMOVED?"

No, it's a tech with a fair counterplay.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

It's kind of a stupid tech then, and it wastes a pallet...

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

CJ techs are of the most avoidable tricks a survivor can attempt against a killer and results in a free hit/down every single time if the killer knows what it is. It’s fine.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

It is like the easiest thing to bait. 🤣

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

No exploit at all,,,the idea is blocking the break prompt by vaulting it so killer is locked into picking up instead of breaking pallet,,,Exploit is finding a bug and abusing it like when certain corners or parts of map survivors couldn't be picked by killer when downed

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully Mandy knows.

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519

nah lmao. theyre stupid easy to counter, just press swing if you think one is happening

• Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 264

Definetly not. They're impossible to pull against good killers that are paying attention.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

if anyone falls for CJs... they must be new

• Ittrix
    Ittrix Member Posts: 12

Pretty arguably an exploit.

game is programmed so that killers can't interact with pallets when a survivor is using them (via sliding over).

Survivor purposefully slides over so when the killer tries to break the pallet his target changes and he picks up a player instead.

Everything in the code is working properly, it's just definitely not in a way that was intended. That's textbook exploit.

• Ittrix
    Ittrix Member Posts: 12

My reasoning is pretty simple. It's an exploit. The exploit itself only benefits survivors.

It ought to be removed, but it's so rare I can see why people wouldn't care.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

No, it benefict killers, easy free hits and a pallet wasted.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,583

Personally, I don't have a problem with CJs. But since BHVR is fixing a lot of the exploits this game has, CJ needs to go as well.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Must we complain about everything?