Scariest Killer to Play Against

Options
TheMetalOne
TheMetalOne Member Posts: 20
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

I know this game isn't a really hardcore horror experience, but which killer(s) do you find scariest to play against as a survivor? (Not just in terms of looks, but also gameplay)

Happy Halloween!

Comments

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 657
    Options

Any stealth killer in the hands of someone good at jumpscares. Also Dredge's nightfall is pretty disorienting and makes you feel like you could be snuck up on from any direction.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,353
    Options

Nightfall and Dredge.

• TheMetalOne
    TheMetalOne Member Posts: 20
    edited October 2022
    Options

I've never played against the Dredge, but I have a feeling he'd be my pick if I had. It must be pretty unnerving to do gens with a locker right behind you...knowing the most evil killer in the game is about to bust out of it and chase you down.

Post edited by TheMetalOne on
  • steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Tombstone Myers.

• Little_Kitten
    Little_Kitten Member Posts: 871
    Options

Myers Tiers 1 / Amanda / Ghostface

in

Lery / Raccoon / The Game

And, in a way: trapper and hag on any map as long as her has a dark floor.

• K139K05
    K139K05 Member Posts: 217
    Options

Tinkerer Oni ;)

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

Hillbilly with that addon that makes his chainsaw silent if you're not in his TR, and Tinkerer. On an open map preferably.

This got many, many surprised expletives from me the couple of times I saw it !

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,921
    Options

Myers. The very knowledge that you could be a second away from a grab, down or mori is enough to make me very edgy around him.

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804
    edited October 2022
    Options

The Artist, those noises get to me every time.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

For me it is a good but laggy Huntress, as I never know what hits latency will allow to connect or not lol

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 582
    Options

Hag

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,902
    Options

Myers 100%

Also Hag if it's the start of the game and I don't yet know it's Hag. I'll run over a trap and s*** myself

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    Options

myers, especially with a build dedicated in doing so

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 746
    Options

Dredge. Even playing as him gives me the chills sometimes.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    Options

It's the Camper.

I'm scared of being bored to death.

• Okonar_
    Okonar_ Member Posts: 499
    Options

Besides jumpscares (usually ghostface) nothing really scary happens in dbd tbh. I would say oni's power is the only thing that still gives that threatening atmosphere.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

Scratched Mirror Myers. Closest thing to an actual horror experience DBD has, imo. Any of the stealth killers can be (jump)scary, but SM Myers, especially on an indoor map, is top of the list.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Micky, he will get me everytime at the start of a game, lol

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

Probably Dredge. Nothing in this game has made me scream louder than running away from the killer in pitch black darkness just to have him suddenly burst out of the locker right next to me.

• jmwjmw27
    jmwjmw27 Member Posts: 264
    Options

When I first played this game and didn't look behind me in chase, hearing Leatherface's screeching as he chainsawed behind you getting closer and closer, not knowing if he'll hit you or not was probably the scariest thing for me. So I'd say Bubba.

• BringShaggytoDBD
    BringShaggytoDBD Member Posts: 412
    Options

Took the words right out of my mouth, stealth & jumpscares. The only thing I would add is Hag when you trigger a trap you weren't expecting.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited October 2022
    Options

Nurse, no killer in the game can finish a chase in 20 seconds with you being unable to do anything. literal domination, nothing can be done unless nurse is terrible at the game.

• FentV1rus
    FentV1rus Member Posts: 112
    Options

I can answer this with a clip of mine.

https://youtu.be/3ySXa1H02L8

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Scratched mirror myers is scary almost gave me heart attack once. But in gameplay wise he is weak and easy to loop as long ss you see him. He should receive few buffs like normal lunge and bit faster speed.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Neon cosmetics Feng with a flashlight