Are you ever going to address Tunneling?

Options

I'm angry. I've just been trying to pip up, been one off from iri 1 all day. Does it matter? no. But that's not the point.

FIVE GAMES IN A ROW, TUNNELED. I play solo queue. YOU NERFED THE ONLY ANTI-TUNNEL PERK for ZERO REASON. ZERO. The reason was "gee people liked to use it" YEAH CAUSE THERE IS NO DISINCENTIVE FROM TUNNELING, IN FACT ITS THE BEST WAY TO WIN AS KILLER.

FIX DS, AND GIVE MASSIVE TUNNEL PENALTIES...How the hell am I supposed to play this game if literally my fate lies entirely in "does the other team play nice?"

THIS PROBLEM IS NOT GOING AWAY AND YOU'VE MADE IT WORSE. YOU'RE LOSING PLAYERS. STOP BANKING ON NEW CONTENT TO BRING IN REVENUE AND FIX THE GAME.

Comments

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

The game is on bad foundation so it'll be hard to stop Tunneling... especially since you've said it yourself -It's the best way to "win"-

They would need to change the "win" condition for that to happen... and it's BHVR we are talking about

At this point if the Killer wants you dead there's no way of stopping it... even if they buff DS

• OutcastAndrew
    OutcastAndrew Member Posts: 32
    Options

DS had multiple uses....1 it was an ACTUAL second chance and 2 the threat of it prevented tunneling even if you didn't have it. Do all killers respect it? No. But enough did that it wasn't bad.

This game has gone to trash so fast in the past 4 months since the perk changes. I just had it happen again. Camped and tunneled at 4 gens when the first Nancy pussy killed herself on first hook.

CAN WE GET AN ACTUAL RESPONSE TO THIS? The lack of respect from the devs is abslutely disgusting

• OutcastAndrew
    Options

DECISIVE STRIKE WORKED FINE. It wasnt perfect but NERFING IT MAKES ZERO SENSE.

• ProveKa
    ProveKa Member Posts: 172
    Options

don't worry locker save was too strong they were nerfed

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

The only anti tunnel perk? Come on.

• Cyber_Atlas
    Cyber_Atlas Member Posts: 276
    Options

They are both fine to me. Literally playstyles. Tunneling is not discouraged by the game, differently from extreme slugging and camping where you actually loose points for it. It should be common sense to tunnel in a "sane" way. People doing unsafe unhooks are more dangerous than the killer sometimes.

• Viamont
    Viamont Member Posts: 304
    Options

i meen it more as in that survivors are always complaining about tunneling and all that but always ingnore that gen rushing its the same thing, as i mentioned, one its labeled anti fun and yada yada yada and the other its perfectly fine. And i agree honestly, both are game styles, but the mayority of the survivor side seems to tink that the only people who have to follow specific rules are the killers, wich in all honesty its kind of dumb

• Cyber_Atlas
    Options

I am a "survivor main" as I play this game mostly with my girlfriend, but when I am alone I enjoy it a lot as a killer.

There are no rules. 4 people need to do 5 gens and open the gates. The killer wants to kill them. To me, what is in the game stays in the game. It's absurd how serious people take these stuff and how much energies and time they waste to complain about who did what. (beside cheating!). There are pseudo toxic interaction, but even then that's as far as it goes.

Tunneling is something only weak survivors really complain about as it is basically required at high MMR with survs bringing 4 items. There is no match where the killer doesn't resolve to tunnel or slug for a section. If the killer wins without being highly efficient, consider you played against a killer that truly didn't take you seriously as a team.

You cannot live in the dream word of no tunnel, slugging, camping. As this game is not even fair for killers, when you can finish 5 gens in 4-5 minutes, bringing medkits that allows you to be healed in less than 10 seconds. Everyone uses everything against everyone.

• enormous_bruh_moment
    Options

Just run DS + Off the Record + Dead Hard + Kinship if it bothers you this much, or if it's happening to you frequently.

Keep running that until you've learned to become a god at looping.

• Akira_Rin
    Akira_Rin Member Posts: 2
    Options

My anti-tunnel build is DS +OTR +Dead hard +Deliverance (or Adrenaline).

DS is now a perk requires players to down near a loop to be impactful.

It takes skills now to use the perk which is ideal IMO (maybe drop the charges of killer's power like nurse, blight)

On the killer side,

tunneling at high gen, then setting up the 3 gen with 3 men left is the optimal way to play killers.

Asking the opponent not to try to win is kind of unreasonable.

The current game mechanics isn't encouraging killers going for multiple people,

other than some perks like no way out, gift of pain, thana.

Maybe balancing the game around those perks being part of in-game mechanics will help?

It's hard for killers to play "nice" when they might get BM with 7,8 hooks and 4 escape.

If splitting the damage slows the game as much as tunnel one out,

killers can play nice while being rewarded for good plays.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

Incredible. Every word of what you just said is wrong.

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 395
    Options

Not to mention some players complain about certain killers who are kind of built around tunnelling, or at least dash and slash like Legion. I've had people straight up tell me that they DC-ed because Legion is boring and no one wants to play "mending simulator". Like if I can't play dash and slash, then survivors can't play gen rush.

• OutcastAndrew
    Options

Name another...Off the record does nothing unless you actually get away initially

• OutcastAndrew
    Options

I play 90% killer. Yes. I agree. Gen-rushing is a stupid term. However, in solo queue when people aren't communicating, and aren't playing efficiently, and the killer tunnels out at 5 gens making the game not only close to impossible to win for survivors but also likely guaranteeing a de-pip, yeah...that's broken. If we're down to 1-2 gens and the killer wants someone out, so be it...but it's too easy to make the game an easy win, and it's frustrating as hell and has made MULTITUDES quit playing.

24/7 there is an incentive to play survivor when I used to get insta-queue killer matches for years. That's a clear indication that there are people leaving.

• OutcastAndrew
    Options

I agree...that's not what I'm talking about. All afternoon yesterday, every single game with maybe 2 exceptions, first person downed was 3-hooked and often at 4ish gens. "playstyle" is a poor excuse for "survivors flat out can't win if you get matched with someone who is weak in chase or, HEAVEN FORBID, makes ONE MISTAKE and gets downed"

• OutcastAndrew
    Options

This is a giant strawman. I play at top MMR killer. I don't tunnel at 5 gens. I don't count but my win-rate is easily around 75%. It doesn't make me a "bad survivor" to be frustrated that by the time I've done half a gen, a guy is hooked and that guy will never contribute to the match again.

Make solo queue's match with lower MMR killers or something. So at least when the incels tunnel someone out you have a shot at running them for a bit rather than just the game being over.

You people act like I'm a survivor. Im 90% killer. It doesn't change that this is a massive flaw and NO ONE can give a good reason for DS being nerfed beyond "it was being used a lot so we killed it"

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

Good for you being a top MMR Killer... DO you want a cookie for it???

Quick question(s).... How do you know that you are at the top of the MMR? Also If you don't count then how (again) do you know that your win-rate is around 75%?

There's more that needs to be done rather then forcing "high level MMR" Solo Survivors to play against "low MMR" Killers

No one can give a good reason cause BHVR couldn't give a good reason for it... so who knows

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800
    Options

tunneling already addressed, nothing further can be done than working on your own looping skills so you can last longer in chase if the killer decides to tunnel.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

They have multiple times.

• Cyber_Atlas
    Options

Yes. That should be common sense. For how annoying it is, it is possible to do in normal game, so it shouldn't be suffered as an offense. It can get addressed with more perks (eventually very strong) for survivors or making the killer loose points for certain chain actions on X tunneled survivor. As an idea.

• Cyber_Atlas
    Options

It is useless go speak generically. Tunneling at 5 gens is a specific way to play. Differently from tunneling or defending hooks. If those 5 gens become 2 in 3 minutes, tunneling is a different thing. How many times does it occur to you to be tunneled at 5 gens?

I don't know how accurate your claim of MMR is but I don't get tunneled more than once a day as a survivor (if a killer tries to, my team mates either gen rush him and I get saved last minute or come to body block) and I don't tunnel more than 1 section of the game, generally on 4 people. Depending on the maps and items.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    Options
  • Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,922
    Options

Im not going to read all that CAPS LOCK text...

but for me, running with Distortion helps a lot, and then i try not to be found.