Anti-Camping Suggestion

Options
kndr3d
kndr3d Member Posts: 1
edited November 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Sacrificial ring is generated by the entity around a hooked survivor. Everyone can enter it and it persists around 1 or 2 seconds after the survivor is unhooked. Semi-transparent energy walls around the outer ring block projectiles. Killer can't use power inside circle but can still M1 and/or grab.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Terion
    Terion Member Posts: 810
    Options

i bet swf would find a way to abuse this so i rather not have it.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,245
    Options

I bet there would be too much salt from killers that never learned to loop for this to ever come to game. Even if it got implemented it would get immediatelly nerfed same way as reassurence

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

Makes the survivors safer while unhooking. Not a big fan.

• HOGGTHEHUTT
    HOGGTHEHUTT Member Posts: 7
    Options

It’d be neat as a perk or something, not permanent. I never have camping problems.

• Tragopan
    Tragopan Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2022
    Options

I think the solution is a bit simpler than that. Hurt campers and tunnelers where it matters: their points.

Ticking negative score the longer you stay near a hook with extremely punishing negative scoring events for hits near the hook when the gens are still up.

• Yoshirama
    Yoshirama Member Posts: 312
    Options

Trust me, there's people who doesn't care about BP, they all just want to win and make everyone's game an unfun experience

• Random_NPC
    Random_NPC Member Posts: 83
    Options

This. I can assure you that I do not care about Rank or Points. Both don't matter. When I want to live a powertrip and make the game as unfun as humanly possible then there is nothing that can stop me.

So why would it stop anyone else. It's already easy to get all the points you need and Rank literally does nothing.

It's absolutely understandable that newer players feel like tunneling the first guy out of the game to have at least a glimmer of hope of getting anything at all. Plus the Point and Pip allocation makes no sense to begin with.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

Cool concept but it doesn't really prevent camping? Only for range killers that are far away.. if they still can get inside the purpose of preventing camping its not done. The main problem with camping is that is a win win situation for the killer because you only have two options as a survivor.. do a trade off or left the survivor to die.

A true way to prevent camping would be to bring back old BT with a reduced duration (old BT gave the unhooker endurance) while it won't affect every killer (bubba will still down you) it will prevent face camping from most killers and it's the easiest solution i can think off.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options
  • Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,731
    Options

Why am I not allowed to use my Power to defend the hooks I make?

Why am I not allowed to use my Power if a Survivor unhooks in my face?!?

You need to answer these questions.

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 759
    Options

What if...

Entering stage 2 of sacrifice would teleport survivor to a random hook but not closer than 40m of killer if killer is at this time closer than 40m.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

So you want to promote tunneling off hook or are you saying both people should be protected on the unhook so the killer cant really chase either person

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Nah he wants a world where you can wait 0.1 seconds after the killer hooked to rescue your buddy and then both of you can run away laughing while the killer cant do anything about it.

Camping sucks and needs to be worked on but we can't prevent camping just to make it possible to either don't defend your hook or make unhooking in the killers face easy because that woulnd not only work in a facecamp scenario but also with hook bombing and that should never be rewarded cause it's a bad play. There is a reason why we have something called unsafe unhook