Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Randomly crash on killer

In about 50% of my matches as killer, at some point mid-match, I'll just randomly crash. It's usually when I'm winning, and usually just after I've done something to secure that win (like a crucial hook), so it's very frustrating and makes me suspect DDOS attacks, but it's way too many to be hackers unless about 30% of survivors are hackers now.

This has happened on both Artist and Wesker so it's not killer-specific, but it's not happened when I play survivor nor have I seen many killers randomly DC in my survivor matches, esp when they're winning.

I'm on PC

I'm crashing when I play killer (this has never happened on survivor that I can remember)

Steps to reproduce: 1. Play killer 2. Be winning

It occurs in about half my games, I haven't kept track though so it may be way more than 50%. 50% is a low estimate.

6 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• SorinMarkov
    SorinMarkov Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2022

Update: it is now happening on survivor and it is less often than 50%

• wimpy
    wimpy Member Posts: 274

If your game crashes that often, why don't you try submitting a technical support instead of a bug report?

I also play on PC-steam and have never had a game crash at all. The same goes for when I am playing on Killer and on Survivor. In both Killer and Survivor I'm Iri 1, so I have won most of my matches in Killer and the game has never crashed.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/technical-issues

• daniel_owenz
    daniel_owenz Member Posts: 92

It's happening on xbox series X too, started happening yesterday for me and I've been playing as "the pig" for achievement purposes. Like you, it is usually when I hook a survivor or break a pallet or something, and yeah while I'm winning.

It's not a DDOS attack, it's a bug for sure, it happened way more to me though, like out of every 6 games, I'd get kicked out of 4.

I haven't experienced it as a survivor yet.

• Chichoslg
    Chichoslg Member Posts: 5

In Xbox Series X all matches crash as killer. No problem as a survivor. Horrible...

• l_Castelli_l
    l_Castelli_l Member Posts: 27

Same thing on Xbox. Started randomly happening about 5 days ago.