Hatch Offerings

Options

I've long thought that hatch offerings should be secret offerings. As it stands right now, the secret offerings don't really matter. If a killer brings one, 99 times out of 100 it's just a mori and the current survivor secret offerings aren't really worth brings. Making hatch offerings secret could add some nice new levels of mind games to both sides. If a killer brings a secret offering you have to weigh the options of what it is until you see a mori. It would also add more value to the moris that limit how many you can mori.

Comments

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,590
    Options

We were following up to the point of "it would also add more value to the moris that limit how many you can mori". This is where we got confused....

With that aside, we agree that hatch offerings being secret would be nice. Only downside is swfs can communicate that "hey this is a hatch offering" while the killer would be unsure as to what it is. Admittedly this is really only a minor detail, but we felt we should point it out.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,590
    Options

The majority of killers tend to bring ebony or ivory moris which they tend to use at first opportunity, so we don't see this changing much even if there was more secret offerings for killers.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,334
    Options

And I think that things like: Hatch offerings, Map offerings, Reagent offerings, Oak offerings, Shroud offerings, any luck related Salty lips* offerings, should be completely removed from a game.

Offerings that gives you more expirience or blood points, Ward offerings, Coin offerings, Memento mori offerings, should be the only offerings in this game.

A.k.a - offerings which are affecting the gameplay must go away.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

I wonder why there are no fun offerings that exchange the visuals, like exchange wood hooks for candy canes.

Or offerings that change the gameplay somehow. like let the survivors / killer do this extra task if they want to have bonus bp.