Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Tracking perks are underrated

Adaez
Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

Sure stacking slowdown is nice,but if you cant find survivors you will slowly but surely lose.

Whispers is a perk that has been mostly forgotten,I played a few matches using whispers and zenshin tactics and the results we're surprisingly good,knowing in advance where pallets and windows are gives you such a big advantage in chase.

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209

I can't stand using Whispers. The actual whispering is too loud and I can't hear environmental cues that survivors are nearby, making it harder to locate hidden survivors.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

I think I found your guy the other day, accused me of wallhacking because of I'm All Ears and Lethal Pursuer, doubled down on it calling them "[unknown filtered word] wallhack perks"... Quite a funny dude ! =)

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

I would ask some probing questions, but I don't want to come off as harassing anyone. So I'll just say ya, sounds like it could be the guy, or they attend the same anti-tracking perks rallies.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I use Whispers all the time... it's great

And I used to run BBQ (when it gave out BP) but I have learned how to play without it so yea... Discordance is good at what it does

It's a wonder that the simple perks are good but not used as much

I just wish BHVR would give more (better) tracking perks... Predator being what it is

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

So many peeps sleep on Spies in the Shadows. Its often downright laughed at and send packing, but its one of my comfort picks when I have an open space in a build. Most survivors don't give a damn about birbs and you get constant notifications of someone sneaking through the bushes. I got loads of situations were I think I saw something, invetigated the area then started to move away, only to have a birb notify me of a survivor in my back. Right THERE.

Its useful all game long and helps with those situations where there are only one or two survivors left, lying low. Even sneaking most of them will tip off a couple of birbs every now and then and it makes finding the right exit in EGC much less stressful --- at least for you as the killer.

• jotaro
    jotaro Member Posts: 173

Agree. Spies from the shadows is also very underrated, been using it occasionally and its so helpful

• entertainment720
    entertainment720 Member Posts: 246

Sometimes I forget to look at whispers when I equip it! That said, I think it's a useful perk to run. ☺️

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 563

Back when I played survivor / killer more 50/50 I'd almost exclusively use tracking perks on killers (play for 11 hooks & a let go so I need to know where they are!)

Always enjoyed playing that way regardless who I used & still pretty similar now though I play less killer still zero slow down perks if they escape good for them just a game after all!

Likewise on survivor I play intel perks so I can track killer, teammates its changed a few times over the years but served me very well only exception to that main build now is i'll occassionally throw coh in with 3 intel rather than 4.

Info is often very underatted in this game as many just try meta builds or those streamers said they should use.

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

Tracking perks on survivor when you soloq can win you the game.

Honestly I love deja vu,that perk is so good in reality,it helps you break a 3 gen at any stage of the game and gives you 5% repair bonus for 1 minute after you finish a gen,it also combos with maps,if you equip a map,3 gens are always marked,so if you bring deja vu and a map in soloq,all survivors know where the closest 3 gens are,this is just insane in soloq.

and kindred,I never play soloq anymore without kindred,survivors have no excusae to not come for the save,or at least not swarm the hook when they have all the info they need.

Tracking perks make the difference againts losing pressure as kiler,or being efficient as survivor instead of wandering around looking for a gen,and make sure you dont 3 gen yourself.

• CookieBaws
    CookieBaws Member Posts: 619
    edited November 2022

Played Spies from Shadows on dredge yesterday. It was fun.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250

What the killer needs to do to win is to accomplish many objectives before the survivor achieves them. In other words, more hooks need to be done faster than the generator can be repaired and escaped.

From this perspective, there are two ways to accomplish this.

1. directly make it more difficult to repair the generator

2. end the chase faster than the generator can be repaired.

Yes, the slowdown is 1. and the chase PERK is 2.

But there are still too many situations where I would put more trust in slowdown, when you also take into account the killer's unique abilities.

And if we assume that we are fighting the strongest SWF in the game...90% of perk is not an option.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,278
    edited November 2022

This is why i run with Distortion on most of my builds, tracking perks are so effictive.