Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Which Killer Perks would you make Basekit and Why?

I'm not trying to start a killer vs survivor thread, so please keep any pent-up rage to a minimum. This is a thread mostly for fun. :)

Anyway, with that said. Since survivors have Borrowed Time as basekit and are soon to get a version of Unbreakable, I'd like to know what perks, basic or killer specific they would like to see become basekit across the board. (Sorry if this is a bit hypocritical)

Personally, I'd like to see a version of Sloppy Butcher, Whispers, Jolt and Nurses Calling become basekit.

Sloppy - Mostly because I'm still finding my feet as killer, so having a little bit of an extra hand would be nice, but I can understand if it'd be too powerful.

Whispers/Nurses Calling - I have hearing issues IRL so I wear a headset when I play, it helps but I still miss some sound queues. I don't like that I have to waste a perk slot just so I have a chance to hear certain queues, that would help me play the game.

Jolt - I really like a lot of aspects of this perk, the fact it does damage to gens within a set radius is pretty neat. It certainly helps when I'm playing a low-mobility killer and it was one of the first common perks I unlocked.

Comments

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 431

Oh I must have misunderstood about the basekit unbreakable and the PTB, I've seen so much conflicting information that I must have mixed it up somehow. My bad.

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 653

And killer got also basekit perks, all about the speed for execution (breaking pallet, wall, generator, good hit)

Who make somes killers with somes perks (myers T3 and Wraith) windows vaulting in 0.4 secondes...

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,299

Whispers. It helps narrow down the location of hiding survivors that are refusing to do gens.

Base-kit Ruin, only it's not a hex and goes away after first kill. This would help killers build pressure but promote spreading of hooks, making tunneling less desirable. I dunno if it's speed nerf should be reverted or not tho.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,205

I hate running Whispers as it is, it's far too loud. Would hate it to be base kit.

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 598

With that said, there might be a possibility of basekit unbreakable not be a thing then? Perhaps you guys test it to see what we think about it and such? Otherwise, I'll be fine if it makes it or not. :). Looking forward for whatever comes to the live game tbh <3.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

BBQ. It would encourage moving away from hooks. Maybe.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Discordance — But lasts for 90 seconds. Using the perk makes the duration permanent.

Grim Embrace — But up to 30 seconds of blocking after the 4th unique survivor is unhooked. Using the perk increases this to 60 seconds and includes aura reading on all survivors besides the obsession.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

A small version of BBQ, to incentive leaving hook.

Grim Embrace, to incentive going after several people.

Mini Corrupt Intervention.

A partial Shattered Hope, where snuffing boon once removes one of the skulls from the totem, and should the boon be placed here again, nerfs its range by 30-50%. If snuffed an additional time, it breaks the totem.

Deerstalker, with the condition that slug perks (No Mither, UB, Tenacity) renders immune from this form of aura reading.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Actually every perk that we would want to be basekit should be worth running on its own. If some perk goes basekit it will water down build variety and more and more players can run full meta builds while also having all their bases covered.

There is only one exeption to this, old BBQ did a marvelous job: everyone equipped it for the blood points, and just like an afterthought the aura reading showed opportunities and got the killers off the hook. So give killers a mini BBQ and show them the farthest away survivors aura and give them a speed boost if they move in that direction while not in a chase. This way even slow M1 killers could be persuated to leave the hook and fight camping and tunneling.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

BBQ was actually often the excuse for killers to camp instead of an inzentive to not camp.

otherwise wouldn’t mind some kind of base Corrupt and of course Shadowborn/FoV slider with a rework of all FoV based perks/mechanics

• VideoGameMage
    VideoGameMage Member Posts: 358
    edited November 2022

Do killers really need a basekit perk? Only reason survivors received basekit BT was because bhvr was about to nerf the one significant anti tunnel perk survivors had. And like Mandy said basekit unbreakable isn't guaranteed to be a thing (thankfully).

On the killer side, I just want the basekit gen kick regression on killer buffed some more. Killer has so many gen regression perks, that making even corrupt basekit would be a bit problematic. We'd essentially have a 5 gen slowdown meta.

Post edited by VideoGameMage on
  • egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Agitation

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

Its hard to say because every killer is different of each other not like survivors.

So X perk could be ok in this killer but insane in this other killer.

But i would say the less oppresive and usefull for all killers is a small corrupt intervention, around 10 - 30 sec?

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157
    edited November 2022

Basekit Shadowborn but as FOV slider for accessibility.

Basekit Whispers but requires no interactions with any survivors after 90 seconds, doesn't activate if survivors are slugged/hooked, and doesn't activate on last survivor. Helps killer out if survivors are just hiding/locker hopping not doing anything except dragging out the game. Doesn't help killer camping or slugging for 4k or guarantee last survivors death - run the perk if you want more help in those situations.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Ähm, is that in addition to basekit-changes the killer already got, or is it instead of?

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

An FoV slider going from current FoV to Shadowborn's FoV then rework Shadowborn.

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427

20-30s corrupt for killer

kindred for survivor but without the killer aura part

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

Shattered Hope

Shadowborn (or, you know, an FoV slider which is the standard for every first person game)

Call of Brine... or rather, just up basekit regression from 0.25c/s to 0.375c/s (3 secs for 1 sec of progress instead of 4 for 1). Can nerf the perks to compensate, idc.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

The only perk that I think shouldn't be a perk at all is Shadowborn. FOV is a basic accessibility option that we need in the game while the Shadowborn perk should be reworked.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

grim embrace, maybe with a reduced timer. there needs to be an actual incentive to not just immediately tunnel people out because it's still the most effective strategy in the game.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,858

For fair reason:

A form of corrupt intervention, all gens for maybe 30 seconds max but goes down at first chase rather than down.

For personal greed:

BBQ and grim embrace. Give me a target when I hook ppl and rewards for hooking everyone.

• G_Hunters
    G_Hunters Member Posts: 74

For killers:

- Whispers (as a way to counter people who hide all match without doing the objective);

- Overcharge without the forced skillcheck thing (to make gen kicking more useful and worth);

- Shattered hope without the aura reading.

For survivors:

- Kindred (no explanations needed);

- Bond (to kind of push teamplay and interactions etc);

- Unbreakable (but it activates only if 2 or less survivors are remaining,this helps countering the boring slug for the 4k thing).

• SOULWARRIOR71K
    SOULWARRIOR71K Member Posts: 457

On a side note, can we please stop quoting that 60% kill rate without context. It does not automatically mean that killers are winning 60% of their games.

Example: 10 games played. 40 possible kills (4 survivors x 10 games). If the killer gets seven 2ks (14 kills) and three 4ks (12 kills), that is a 65% killrate (26/40).

Kill rate does not equal win rate.

/rant

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Depends tbh, if we are talking about just making them base and no other game changes then probably only corrupt (seriously it's kinda stupid survivors can spawn split on multiple gens and even if your first chase is as fast as possible you have lost alot of gen progress)

Other than that I'd aim towards Scourage: pain and thana then make changes to the perks. Killers domt really get rewarded for their actions at base tbh and the should.

I dont play killer really but I'd be nice to see more perks used other than gen defense (though gen defense is needed so I get it) I'd rather killers be rewarded for injures and hooks and balance on hooks instead of kills then if they have some regression at base other perks can be used more often

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 442

Or just remove shadowborn entirely and make Sloppy Butcher a wraith teachable.

• Shadowborn. 87 FoV is atrocious.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

I’d like to see Corrupt become basekit, I would make it block gens for 50 seconds.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,205

I'd like to make Shadowborn a half-decent detection perk. Something like it highlights survivors within 24m, similarly to how they glow white in Dredge's Nightfall.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Grim embrace it encourages going for multiple hooks.

Mini corrupt invertion which would last 30s so survivors don't complete one gen before killer has even chance to find them.

I would not however make slobby butcher basekit that is very annoying perk.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

I agree on your changes expect bubba should at least keep one charge when facecamping hook.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

Only one, insidious.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,265

shadowborn

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

Shadowborn in the form of a slider

Mini-Corrupt that lasts until the killer starts a chase

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

Agitation, Brutal Strength, Enduring, Unrelenting.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

Basekit Territorial Imperative. If the basement is supposed to be dangerous, why not have constant information about basement activities?

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590

I think Corrupt Intervention should be basekit because survivors are able to literally start their objectives immediately upon loading into the map. Spawning right on top of a generator is pretty common.

Conversely, the killer has to traverse the map, and depending on the spawn locations, potentially do a full circuit of the map, before they even find a survivor and can begin their objective. I've lost count how many times I've had generators popped on me before I've even seen someone!

With corrupt as basekit (corrupting the generators closest to the survivors), it'll force the survivors to move away and raise the chance of running into the killer. Or at least they'll have to make some decision as to which gen to go for, instead of jumping on the one they spawn on top of because that's a no-brainer.