Challenge conditions fulfilled, but not registering as completed

Options
IsoSTARDUST
IsoSTARDUST Member Posts: 77

PC.

I was playing Fredward on RPD. My loadout was as follows:

Blood Warden/Hex: Devour Hope/No Way Out/Remember Me. (See screenshot for add-ons.)

I killed the first 3 Survivors, closed the hatch, and the 4th Survivor died to EGC without so much as touching the exit gate switch.

The challenge that I was doing was: Complete a trial with no exit gates being opened using the perk No Way Out. Do this 1 time. Complete this challenge in a single trial.

I asked the Survivor that died to EGC postgame, "Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of the exit gates were opened, yes?" They did, in fact, confirm that the exit gates hadn't been touched.

I had 4 stacks with No Way Out.

So, what am I missing? Do the Survivors have to touch the exit gate so the perk activates and the challenge can be completed? If so, that's completely asinine, because:

A. None of the other challenges with similar wording (i.e. down Exposed Survivors while using the perk Make Your Choice, except you can down them with NOED and it'll still count) work that way, and,

B. I had the perk equipped. I killed the Survivors. None of the exit gates were opened.

As far as I can tell, I completed the challenge - so, why does this one not work the way all of the other challenges worded in this fashion work, and which aspect of the challenge did I not complete, exactly?

I don't really have the time at the moment to see if I can replicate this. I would just rather have my challenge marked as completed.

And there's my log.

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,528
    Options

We're not able to mark the challenge as completed for you I'm afraid.

• IsoSTARDUST
    Options

I mean, I assumed not - but do we have any idea why it's not showing as fulfilled for me?

• IsoSTARDUST
    edited November 2022
    Options

Update: I was able to complete the challenge by letting the exit gates get powered, and they were touched, but not opened, once NWO activated. Suggestion: Reword the challenge for clarity.