Anyone else find Adrenaline to be an unhealthy perk?

Options

The perk is only gonna see consistent value in SWF's, which wouldn't be so bad if the perks effects weren't very strong, I think the extra health state granted when you're on hook is fine, but activating mid chase can be a game ender for weaker killers. Maybe combining the perk with Hope and having the health state activate only when you're on hook would make it much more healthy as a late game anti-tunnel perk. It's not the worst perk in the world, but it's very demoralizing to have to deal with potentially 4 health states in a single chase.

Comments

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,993
    Options

I just wish it wasn't an instaheal, more a syringe kinda deal (but persists through health states)

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,053
    edited November 2022
    Options

It's mostly fine. It's super boom or bust and also causes exhaustion. I run it a lot and find that I have to play a bit risky to see value out of the health state. A lot of times it's just a speed boost to the exit gate that I proceed to open. It's kind of like NOED. I don't really have an issue with players having a reward for going the majority of the trial with 3 perks.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

The only thing I can see is the perk being a win more and oppressive with comms since it can be triggered when they so please.

Something that bothers me is how it wakes you up. I thought we were done with perks targeting specific killers? My OCD is killing me how there's that one perk that targets Freddy. So outdated.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,483
    Options

No, it’s fine. And what you said about it only getting consistent value in SWF isn’t true at all. I run it a lot in solo queue and I can’t tell you how many times it’s made a difference for me and/or my team. But you need to play the match with 3 perks until then and actually reach endgame to get that reward. It won’t help you get to endgame.

Now I will say this - the wake up ability it has against Freddy should be removed as that’s a perk effect directly countering one killer and no others, which is dumb and the devs have moved away from that design in the past. But Adrenaline is perfect as-is otherwise.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

No it's fine perk. Let's not get Adrenaline nerfed please

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

Survivors don't even need perks to win lol. "You only play with 3 perks the whole game" wow such a detriment

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

The whole circle all over again

Survivor perk is broken ----------- SWF

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

I just think it shouldn't immediately make a survivor escspe out of the dream world since it's weird to have a perk directly affect a killer's ability like that. Reminds me of Small Game back then. But I think overall that Adrenaline is a very healthy perk as it rewards the survivor for doing objectives, surviving, and having only three perks for most of the match.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,352
    Options

I would agree with removing the wake-up portion as well, as it is indeed aimed just at Freddy.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,254
    Options

nah the perk is perfectly fine. It's one of the only perks that make it so you don't end up facecamped as your reward for running the killer for the last gen.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,065
    edited November 2022
    Options

Healthiest perk in the game. The paradigm of good survivor perk design.

• VideoGameMage
    VideoGameMage Member Posts: 358
    Options

I think it's fine. There being comeback mechanics in the form of perks is fine.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

It's fine. It rewards the player if they make it to the end of the game.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited November 2022
    Options

adrenaline got nerfed in the past we got everything guted for the end game and now u also want us to get adrenaline nerfed aswell?. adrenaline means the survivor is playing with 3 perks all game just to potentially get a heal if u were injured and the sprint wich is useless if u werent getting chased... jesus lord.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

Adrenaline is fine ,,it does nothing for the majority of games and unless you're being chased when the last gen pops its value is questionable

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,933
    Options

Yeah, I totally hate it when I am in that last, desperate chase, with one dead, everyone wounded, most of them on death hook and you are THIS close to down that survivor who always jumps on the gen the second you turn around and its already at 85% and after a minute of cheeky chases the gen at the other side of the map pops and the survivor in front of you jumps up healthy and zooms away ^^ We have all been there and experienced that ... but thats just this perks design, its designed around being THE clutch perk in the game.

You sometimes can feel it, when the wounded survivor tries to get in your face constantly, while the others take a backseat to the action, but its not always apparant. Still, its a very high risk thing, if they go down, so usually does their team. But on the other hand this player plays with only 3 perks for most of the game, as every other end-game-perk. I actually like it when players do something like this, giving something risky a shot, while forgoing the more reliable meta setup. Adrenalin really hurts when it rears its head in a clutch situation, but at a lot of other times the player wont see any value of it.