Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Sloppy Butcher = Auto-Failed Skill-Check for Survivor

This bug has been in the game since before Halloween. Sloppy Butcher causes Survivors to miss skillchecks (without them appearing) any time you let go of a heal. If you are healing someone and let go for any reason, it makes the skillcheck sound and misses the skillcheck setting you back progress. If someone is healing you and they let go you autofail a skillcheck. If you are using a medkit and it runs out, it will fail the skillcheck. If you are selfcaring and Boon: Circle of Healing is kicked you autofail a skillcheck. No matter what it will fail and set you back. It's especially bad since the new Haemorrhage effect already regresses your healing progress

Please PLEASE disable this perk!! I have died so many times because an automissed skillcheck has given me away when it shouldn't have. Please. I've avoided making a post because I don't want to give people ideas. But coming back for the new chapter and seeing this is really demoralizing. Its really frustrating.

Thank you.

(PS, The Knight is awesome! And the Halloween event was fun!)

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Member Posts: 7

I'm fairly certain this is just a part of the new hemorrhage. It gives a visual to the survivor healing that progress is being lost. You don't actually fail a skill check, and the killer doesn't hear an alert.

I could be wrong of course, but I'm pretty sure that's how it is.

• SpicyChicken
    SpicyChicken Member Posts: 4

This is what I mean

Did some testing with a friend, and it doesn't create the explosion for killers. But you can certainly hear the punch pretty clearly. I think you're right and its not a missed skillcheck that is causing regression, but Haemorrhage. It only looks that way since it regresses pretty fast after the punch. I'm hoping this is a bug, because its still pretty annoying to face. Now I'm not so sure :/

• wimpy
    wimpy Member Posts: 274

This was mentioned by the devs as an intended change, not a bug, when Haemorrhage was reworked in patch 5.7.0.

In reply to several posts, the devs mentioned that it was an intended change, not a bug, and asked that if you had any ideas about it, you could post them in the Feedback section.

• SlowLoris
    SlowLoris Member Posts: 288

This is incorrect. It actually reminds me of a bug I forgot to submit.

One of my favorite builds is Bite The Bullet / Self Care / Botany / Reactive Healing - Beamer.

I'll hover someone to get a beamer save, and I'll heal while waiting for what happens to them, when I get Reactive Healing value (increased healing progress) it does the same exact "failed skill check sound, etc". I have for sure had the killer immediately look at me even when far enough they shouldn't hear the sound, but close enough to get reactive.

It's actually reallllllly annoying whenever I'm doing midchase heals, and someone gets hit not realizing they're looking for me, etc.

• SpicyChicken
    SpicyChicken Member Posts: 4

That is so strange, so you get the missed skillcheck punch whenever you are selfcaring and Reactive Healing activates?

If this isn't a bug, I'll feel silly for making a post about it. But it feels so weird/unfair that it autofails and makes a punch when it's nowhere in any of the descriptions of the perk or on Haemorrhage. I've been thinking it was a glitch to be patched out for months now. But I remember it happening as far back as the Anniversary event

• SlowLoris
    SlowLoris Member Posts: 288

Yup, it acts as if I miss a skill check if the killer hits a survivor within the range of Reactive Healing. It'll give me the progression, but instantly have it go off!

There is no way it isn't a bug and it's uneeded even for regular sloppy butcher. Just have the progress bar flash like it normally does and you'll notice it regressing. No reason to have it prompt the missed skill check, etc.