The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The Knight might actually be the worst killer in the game.

Lost_Boy
Lost_Boy Member Posts: 654
edited November 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

He really is that bad lol. 2 of his perks are pretty good though for some quirky builds.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,352

Tough to say since currently the worst killer is Trapper and Trapper has more work he has to go through to set up his power while having no other utility.

At the very worst, Knight can use his knights to break pallets and damage gens while still being able to move about.

• dgbug
    dgbug Member Posts: 152

he-

he's nowhere close to near the worst, that would be mr. get three gens done on you just to set up trapper.

he's just not conventional, he's not bad.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Played 2 games v bots.

Game 1 - 2 v 1 ing the bots was easy as I kept finding them with my patrols. Felt clunky but worked fine.

Game 2 - Red forest and barely detected any of them all game. They were uber immersive and held W when ever I did see them. I did get 1 scenario in which my patrol (jailer) detected a different survivor to the one I was chasing so got 2 downs in 1, that was useful.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

I have to give it more time, but seems mediocre, at least knight have good addons (thats something).

• badkarma
    badkarma Member Posts: 10

Hard agree this is the worst addition to the game since Legion release.  Supremely underwhelming chase music.  AI killer/zoning that practically guarantees hits.  More exposure perks.  Way too easy to use and win as killer, boring as hell to play against as survivor.

Wesker and Nem we get some intense music and loud thumps. Blight you can spin, zone, or mind game. Huntress you can juke those hatchets. Trapper you can observe and disarm preparations. Nurse you can double-back and mindgame. Billy you can spin. Trickster you can juke and dodge. Bubba you can trick and run into the environment. etc etc etc..

Every single other killer you can feel accomplished to play as, or battle against. You actually feel like you outsmarted/outplayed a human opponent. This killer you just send out a bot to have the fun for you.

F-tier killer. I'm so disappointed I'm gonna uninstall until next character patch. Glad I used shards to unlock this killer instead of money.

• Netherstorm
    Netherstorm Member Posts: 42

(I like him) 🤥

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,117

its number issue. the guards are too slow to be universally useful in every situation. increase m/s of guards such that using guards skillfully does something, then he could be an ok killer. also revert add-on nerfs, those do not help either.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited November 2022

Not sure if I’d put him as the worst in the game yet but he’s definitely competing for the spot that’s for sure. The fixes he needs aren’t just numbers, he has many straight up design flaws.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

He is not THAT bad but he is on the lower side of the tierlist for sure.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Sadako and Pig would like to have a word with you.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,085

That's a pretty low bar, but you're right. Many killers fit that bill.

• danielmaster87

Trickster has deep issues as well, like auto-dissolving knives for the survivors to reap the benefits of.

• danielmaster87

Biggest issue he has. Why show the green orb and patrol range? It's like if you could see Spirit while she phased!

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

Yh after playing against him yesterday and escaping every time. Definitely needs to hide the green orb and the detection range of his minions. Then they could actually surprise people and maybe get a hit

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

He's very weak yeah

• Lost_Boy

Don't diss the Pig like that! Lol

I actually love playing the pig with enduring, spirit fury, STBFL & now I've added Hubris to that it's quite a fun build.

Even though I hate the new map in most killers it's actually a good training ground for the pig mind gaming her dashes. She glides very well around some of those annoying loops.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Shame because he looks great and sounds great when marching around.

• darksouls3600
    darksouls3600 Member Posts: 235

I playing him a lot and for me he is a very good killer, the way you play him is totally different of any other killer, new strategies, know how to zone survivors, know the moment and place to use your power, he is very good in chases, some God loops simply don't exist with him, like shack.

You probably just need to know how to use his power with efficiency, practice leads to perfection.

• Lost_Boy

Lol so everyone is wrong about his issues and you're obviously just an anomaly that plays him to perfection?

I guess he's good if you're playing baby survivors on a medium size map with lots of open dead spaces and low tiles to exploit (which really isn't that many maps).

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498

I like how his power feels, but... best of him I could think is mediocre.

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578
    edited November 2022

The Trapper is better because once you’ve zoned an area, survivors either can’t go to that area or they need to spend time disarming, which reveals their location. If you catch them before they finish disarming then you get a free hit.

The Knight can only temporarily zone, and the setup takes time so survivors can simply hold the W key.

The Knight’s killer power

1. Immobilizes him.
    2. Gives all survivors invisibility
    3. Is easily countered by holding W
    4. if you forget to hold W you can touch the banner for free haste/endurance.
    5. reveals he is approaching via the friendly green orb.
    6. is useless for camping (good.)

Also with the Trapper you can quickly/silently set up a trap at high wall loops during a chase and get free downs. Requires two addons but it works really well.

• darksouls3600

If you say... But I'm already iri 3 just using him with a good build, for me is a good build, a lot of matches was difficult and I "lose" (I don't care if I lose, but you probably care) but, the most of the matches I played, was like 1 to 3 gens done, he's literally a free hit machine.

You sound like the ones who say: "I can't use this killer, he's a piece of garbage"

With the right build and don't being a mindless killer that don't do strategies, like hold W use his power just for use and preying for God to help you, even Sadako, legion, trapper, slinger, ghost, Myers, etc. Can be strong and oppressive.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

It may be the way the game is played (as of right now)

The Killers that either need set up or no loop slowdown (or looping powers) are not good enough to work

Take Pig for example... Her Main Power is RBT's and her secondary power is her Ambush (Dash Attack)... she has decent slowdown but her Dash Attack doesn't do well in those situations in which the Survivor knows what the Pig is about to do

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

He seems high B tier. Every time a new killer comes out prior screech that they're the worst killer because they haven't gotten to learn them yet.

• darksouls3600

Exactly, like artist in her release, (too op, don't have loop against her, snipes trough the map...), she continues strong but, now the survivors know a lot of counter plays against her

• Lost_Boy

Yeah I've won plenty of games with him also that doesn't mean he's good lol. You're the one coming on the forum claiming that you play him to perfection & it's effectively a learn to play issue and dismissing the fairly obvious problems his AI bots have.

As I said before he can perform fairly well on mediocre survivors on certain medium size maps with low wall loops & lots of dead space, but his problems start to show when you go against good survivors that basically render his minions ineffective, particularly on larger maps with a lot of connected tiles.

I'll review my original statement and say I don't think he's the worst killer, but he's certainly in the bottom 5.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,063

The Knight might actually be the worst killer in the game

(Next Chapter)

[Next Chapter's Killer] might actually be the worst killer in the game.

(Chapter after that)

[Chapter After That's Killer] might actually be the worst killer in the game

• darksouls3600

I don't claim to be perfect using him, I said: "practice leads to perfection"

BHVR AI is a mess trash, yes but, he is not weak, use his power in chase not to patrol.

Free hits, breaking god loops, zoning survivors, able to do 2 things on the same time, guarding gens.

The AI is a issue, but he is not weak, strong addons, good perks that synergies with a lot of strong perks.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
    edited November 2022
  • not_requested49

Pig is fine tbh and sadako is only bad basekit wise

With iri tape and ring drawing, shes easily A tier

Freddy would be a better example as he has no redeemable addons really

• not_requested49

Wym its useless for camping? Its actually one of the best since the orb counts as killer distance, allowing for devour, make your choice, and monstrous shrine to proc while you sit and wait at hook

Granted its still not too strong as i got destroyed even with this strat (mostly just wanted to try it out to see for myself)

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

Agree with OP, I haven't felt such powerless and useless in a long time. But before that it came with mechanically hard killers (blight, oni), but now it's just it. I never had so many 0K in a row with anyone, including trapper.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

I'm getting Flashbacks to Trickster's release

A power that has it's moments but is ultimately mediocre at what it does compared to other similar Killers (For Trickster, it was Huntress and for Knight it's Artist)

A chapter theme that's not been completely done justice

Also an insanely buggy chapter so far, almost as bad as Binding of Kin

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

not even close

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427

Killer hasn't even been out for a day and people are already ranking him. classic

• LoolaHoop87
    LoolaHoop87 Member Posts: 45

Exactly this, the killer doesn't need to have skill. In the games I have played against them they send out a minion who zones me I have no where to go and then I get double tapped. You can't vault as they phase through it you can't drop cos they teleport... It's utter bs tbh that you now have another killer that can get free pressure. Then the exposed perk.... you get punished for outplaying someone.... why are BHVR trying to kill the survivor side of this game?? This is from someone who plays killer. That new map is also a huge issue.... it needs to be killswitched until they fix it!

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578

That’s obviously a bug. There’s also a bug that lets you teleport with him, spirit style. I would not count obvious bugs when determining how good he is at something.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Hes the weakest killer by far. you can counter him completely by running into a new zone, his power is completely useless and too easily countered.

You use power - survivor run to another loop. also whats wrong with the new map, it has so many pellets, prob the map with the most pellets holy #########. i cant even get a single down and all gates open ;(

• not_requested49

Dunno man I'd still say basekit sadako is weaker and freddy overall

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited November 2022

sadako can at least pressure gens somewhat and freedy can always force loop to become unviable instantly. instead of knight who cant, and his power takes way too long to recharge, and survivors just need to press W to counter his everything, not to mention the AI is super buggy sometimes they get stuck or walk the long about and his power is shown instantly to survivors which is dumb IMO. survivors shouldn't know the direct line of the guards. and they also disappear way too fast, the assassin is also too slow.

having play the game for years this is one of the first time where they release someone worst than trapper. Trapper still need buffs but I cant believe they release a worst killer just so they don't need to buff trapper

• Lost_Boy

After playing him a lot more over the last few days & won a fair amount of games on him I've came to the conclusion that he can easily dominate smaller maps with large dead spots between loops & tiles. He really does require stacked regression perks to apply any kind of map pressure because his speed, size & power just can't put out enough pressure. Chases do normally take quite some time and you really need those regression perks to apply map pressure.

What I will say though it's that even if he can hold his own on some maps is that the games are usually very very drawn out and even though it's virtually impossible for 2-3 man team to break a 3 gen it's also very long & boring because he just can't close the distance when you have only a few people left and the gens in close proximity.

• not_requested49
    edited November 2022

She can pressure gens, but her tv cooldown is so long that without addons becomes pretty useless

Freddy's puddles also don't work if the survivor is awake and the survivor can just abandon the loop just like trapper and Hag (and they are only hinder traps too, which makes him a worse clown), not to mention his addons are the worst set in the game, even worse than pyramid head's or Nemesis

You can sy least have guards patrol gens to use them for info while you go somewhere else, a lot like Twins, and he has the patrol time addon to help with this (arguably one of the best addons he has even though it's a brown addon), also the guards can be used for antiloop as well by placing one quickly at a vault or pallet