Update on the Xbox Update 2.0

Jeeperrs
Jeeperrs Member Posts: 46

So I had a chat with Xbox Support and from what they told me, as of today the update has been certified. From what I was told all the work on Xbox's end has been done and we are just waiting for it to get pushed out to consoles. I guess it should be coming out in a day or two.

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Jeeperrs said:
    Hey look at it a different way, by the time we get used to the new content when it comes out another killer and stuff will be right around the corner.

If that was only true...
    The next mid-chapter patch is probably in 4 weeks or so. We're far from there.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited June 2018
    Runiver said:

@Jeeperrs said:
    Hey look at it a different way, by the time we get used to the new content when it comes out another killer and stuff will be right around the corner.

If that was only true...

4 weeks isnt much compared how stale things were last 6 months, we'll also have buffed perks, Trapper Cube etc. in the meantime.

I guess we'll survive till next chapter.
  • Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited June 2018

This new Curtain Call Chapter sure does have its perks... Hex: Devour Hope being one of them

• DekuKunn
    DekuKunn Member Posts: 19
    Legit? Print it. I Just cant get hyped for some rumors soo If you could take a pic of the conversation that would be a life saviour
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Runiver said:

@Jeeperrs said:

If that was only true...

4 weeks isnt much compared how stale things were last 6 months, we'll also have buffed perks, Trapper Cube etc. in the meantime.

I guess we'll survive till next chapter.

Keep on surviving chapter to chapter in the fog

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    Jeeperrs said:

So I had a chat with Xbox Support and from what they told me, as of today the update has been certified. From what I was told all the work on Xbox's end has been done and we are just waiting for it to get pushed out to consoles. I guess it should be coming out in a day or two.

Here we go.....

Time to see my therapist about my fear of clowns. I always forget the name of it... 

coulrophobia.  often, such fears are entirely justified.
  • Jeeperrs

@DekuKunn said:
    Legit? Print it. I Just cant get hyped for some rumors soo If you could take a pic of the conversation that would be a life saviour

I didnt get a pic and they didnt send a transcript to my email, but go ahead and go to Xbox Support under Xbox One Console/Apps and Games category and chat if its still open. You just have to ask the right questions. FIrst she said that there was no set date for release and no date the team was approving it, but to keep an eye on the console update. So from this I presumed that it must of already been released and certified. Then she said that its up to the publisher now because Xbox is done with it on their end and we have to wait for it to show up on the console. She kept saying to wait until it shows up on the update in the console. The word certified I think has been used very loosely and Microsoft just checks the code to make sure there isn't anything malicious to its systems. She also said the release of the update is highly dependent on the publisher and not Xbox. But dont take my word for it, just go ask them if they know anything about the status of the DBD update and they will check into it.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

If BeHaviour bought their publishing rights to DbD and the release of the update is dependent on the publisher, then we just have to wait for someone to get into the office Monday morning and "flip a switch" since they don't work on Sundays?

• NightRaider315
    NightRaider315 Member Posts: 27

Well if Microsoft has certified it that probably means there was nothing wrong with the coding so Sony should be able to give it the ok soon as well.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Jeeperrs said:

Here we go.....

Time to see my therapist about my fear of clowns. I always forget the name of it... 

Which they actually made a Killer perk. Developers gave NO SHITS to people with Coulrophobia. You want to play a scary game, here you go! Waiting for a Doll Killer to trigger my Pediophobia.
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Jeeperrs said:

Here we go.....

Which they actually made a Killer perk. Developers gave NO SHITS to people with Coulrophobia. You want to play a scary game, here you go! Waiting for a Doll Killer to trigger my Pediophobia.
    I have a fear from anything humanoid (so I can't look at most of the sci-fi movies; the android in Alien scared me to death). So a humanoid doll would be a death sentence to me.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

The point of a horror game is to be scared... right?

• EpicFailTryHard
    lol, yes.  humanoids are kinda creepy.  utterly devoid of compassion.
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    @Coriander
    Yes, but there is a difference between the excitement of being scared and being really scared (I even have humanoid nightmares sometimes).
  • Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

@popoles said:
    @Coriander
    Yes, but there is a difference between the excitement of being scared and being really scared (I even have humanoid nightmares sometimes).

Ah, that's a good point. I don't want people to outright panic during the game, it should be scary because you're being chased by a killer, not what the killer actually is. Maybe they can implement some sort of skin-change for killers where you, as the survivor, can choose what it looks like (some sort of generic placeholder) so you don't see a [frightening image].

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    Also, Xbox support is worthless. Do not take a word they say as factual. 
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,790
    Don't forget the unhook lag that lasted how long? Countless games lost because nobody could escape the basement. Game was pretty much unplayable. They barely acknowledged it and certainly didn't offer any compensation.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:
    Khalednazari said:

Compensate console players for the delay. There's no other way to deal with this delay. 

ahahahahaahahhahahaha

No offends, but no chance. During the last event we saw, the Chinese New Year event, Xbone players had constant disconnect issues. Literally every single game seemed to have at least one person not load into the match, plus you constantly had the game freeze during a match. It was common to load in and there only be two survivors. If more than one person played one of those stupid event offerings, you were guaranteed multiple DCs.

Xbone players lost countless event offerings wasted with disconnects, they didn’t compensate. We lost loads of rank thanks to disconnecting, they didn’t reimburse in any way. We lost tons of items and offerings in games where we got disconnected, nothing. We lost loads of bloodpoints having to waste through on bloodwebs for those stupid offerings, got nothing back.

Theres no way they’d offer us something for the trouble because then they’d be admitting there is actual trouble. Right now they can just blame the ludicrous wait on MS/Sony and the certification process, which is exactly what they have been doing.

Bet! They extended it by two weeks just for them. That is literally compensating for the disconnects

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

Hmmmm...I guess if it does come out in the next day or so, you can say, "I told you so".

I won't hold my breath.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    Jack11803 said:

Khalednazari said:

Compensate console players for the delay. There's no other way to deal with this delay. 

ahahahahaahahhahahaha

No offends, but no chance. During the last event we saw, the Chinese New Year event, Xbone players had constant disconnect issues. Literally every single game seemed to have at least one person not load into the match, plus you constantly had the game freeze during a match. It was common to load in and there only be two survivors. If more than one person played one of those stupid event offerings, you were guaranteed multiple DCs.

Xbone players lost countless event offerings wasted with disconnects, they didn’t compensate. We lost loads of rank thanks to disconnecting, they didn’t reimburse in any way. We lost tons of items and offerings in games where we got disconnected, nothing. We lost loads of bloodpoints having to waste through on bloodwebs for those stupid offerings, got nothing back.

Theres no way they’d offer us something for the trouble because then they’d be admitting there is actual trouble. Right now they can just blame the ludicrous wait on MS/Sony and the certification process, which is exactly what they have been doing.

Bet! They extended it by two weeks just for them. That is literally compensating for the disconnects

Can’t tell if sarcasm or actually serious.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Jack11803 said:

Khalednazari said:

ahahahahaahahhahahaha

Except they didn't fix the ######### game and it would still crash constantly for those 2 weeks.

• Jeeperrs

Well its a brand new week, if the update doesn't drop tomorrow for at least Xbox, I think several people responsible for this mess should get fired. All those people are making good money and need to get their butts to work on getting this out to the rest of us. I don't know how they want people to buy their other game when they cant get their stuff together. This company seems to need better leadership. What a shame.

• Eclipseknight
    Eclipseknight Member Posts: 9

Tried tweeting behavior about this. No response so either they know about it and aren't doing anything or the update comes tomorrow.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited June 2018
    Coriander said:

No one deserves to be fired over a "delay," I think we're dipping a little too far into first-world problems. Remember it's a small company and losing a member or two would be significant, not to mention any new person involved wouldn't know what's going on. It's likely one of the consoles, at least, will get the update soon, and it won't be their fault the other team doesn't have it yet. They know you want it, and they're trying to get it to you. Please be patient and know that you will be getting it at some point, don't worry!

See you can’t tell people to be patient when they’ve already been patient. It never works, it’s like telling someone who’s mad to calm down
  • nicholas_0545
    nicholas_0545 Member Posts: 24
    Maybe itll come out tomorrow
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    PS4 has released its list of games/dlc for this week, no sign of the curtain call dlc appearing on here. Next week seems more realistic at this point: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/06/25/this-weeks-playstation-store-highlights-the-awesome-adventures-of-captain-spirit-far-cry-3-classic-edition-lego-the-incredibles-and-more/
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Jeeperrs said:

Here we go.....

Which they actually made a Killer perk. Developers gave NO SHITS to people with Coulrophobia. You want to play a scary game, here you go! Waiting for a Doll Killer to trigger my Pediophobia. I’m going to ######### my pants when a Doll Killer comes chasing after me in a Cornfield map... 
  • Jeeperrs

So I have done some digging around and I have a new Update

Apparently the only thing they are working on before finally releasing the update is the store/currency part of it. So my original reporting has some validity to it. Leave it to the devs to take forever to do the money part of it so they can make their money for sure! It has cleared certification and its now up to the devs to give it to us!

• Wicked_Django
    Wicked_Django Member Posts: 128
    If its coming tomorrow, we’ll see it in two hours at midnight gmt. Otherwise...the wait continues
  • TheChanelOberlin
    TheChanelOberlin Member Posts: 80
    If its coming tomorrow, we’ll see it in two hours at midnight gmt. Otherwise...the wait continues
    Do you have any evidence to support this claim? I highly doubt that’s happening :( 
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

@Jeeperrs said:

Apparently the only thing they are working on before finally releasing the update is the store/currency part of it. So my original reporting has some validity to it. Leave it to the devs to take forever to do the money part of it so they can make their money for sure! It has cleared certification and its now up to the devs to give it to us!

Source or this is garbage.

• EpicFailTryHard
    mmm.  delicious garbage though.
  • Jeeperrs

@TheChanelOberlin said:
    Wicked_Django said:

Do you have any evidence to support this claim? I highly doubt that’s happening :( 

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@Jeeperrs said:

Source or this is garbage.

Source is post on Xbox DBD For Twitch Stream, Posted two days ago by very confident user.
    From what I learned from Xbox Support and this, Im highly confident its being finalized in the hands of the devs! Certification is kept secret and you have to ask the right questions to the right people. Lets be optimistic!

• Wicked_Django
    Thats when the MS store updates for countries like Australia and Korea. This is what happened with Saw. I purchased a foreign game card to purchase the dlc early. It was out in aus as it was tomorrow there. So if its coming tomorrow, the asians and kangaroos will know first.
  • TheChanelOberlin
    TheChanelOberlin Member Posts: 80
    Thats when the MS store updates for countries like Australia and Korea. This is what happened with Saw. I purchased a foreign game card to purchase the dlc early. It was out in aus as it was tomorrow there. So if its coming tomorrow, the asians and kangaroos will know first.
    But you stated it WAS coming tomorrow? Why lie?
  • Wicked_Django
    I didnt. Reread my comment. Is said IF its coming tomorrow we’ll know in a few hours. Otherwise we wait u til Wed at the same time for the Thurs MS store update
  • Wicked_Django
    Coriander said:

There aren't really talking kangaroos, are there?

............Are there?!

They cant speak. Dont be ridiculous. They do play DBD tho...
  • crazycenobite
    crazycenobite Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2018
    I didnt. Reread my comment. Is said IF its coming tomorrow we’ll know in a few hours. Otherwise we wait u til Wed at the same time for the Thurs MS store update
    Well cod ww2 just got a update on xbox so dbd Thursday then......
  • Wicked_Django
    Well cod ww2 just got a update on xbox so dbd Thursday then......
    Sigh
  • Jeeperrs

Im highly confident its in the devs hands, they should make an announcement at least for baby jesus' sake!