I want Wesker Enjoyers to Virulent Zoom in here...

Emeal
Emeal Member Posts: 4,932
edited November 2022 in General Discussions

Tell me your favorite builds, perks and addons and the strategy you use to get the best Weskin Time!

I used BBQ to see people far away and the deadlock to buy me more time, nowhere to hide for sneaky survivors and hopefully monstrous shrine can put some squeeze on the Survivors. But honestly its not doing THAT great.

But tell me of your smartest moves you sunglass maniacs, share me your inspiration.

Post edited by Emeal on

Comments

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Don't those two addons cancel each other out?

• Emeal
    edited November 2022

They do a little bit, but the OVERALL gain should still be longer. I don't have the comparison video anymore, ill look for it.

EDIT:

I found it.

(https://twitter.com/Zeus139YT/status/1576591317517619201?s=20&t=LsXOgQ7NXNORDTGIxgNK7Q)

Eh, value is half a second. Could be a fluke, I just feels a lil longer.

EDIT 2: This turns out to be false.

Post edited by Emeal on
  • RainehDaze

Shouldn't do, either they're working from base values (and should negate exactly), or both dashes should actually be slightly shorter.

• RonMan32
    RonMan32 Member Posts: 413

I'd swap monstrous for either another gen slowdown or lethal pursuer, and then replace BBQ with I'm all ears.

• Emeal
    edited November 2022

But that's not how Math works, but I honestly don't know how it works under the hood.

EDIT: So I redid the math, both ways.

1 bound: 

addon1: 0,5  ×  0,8 = 0,4

addon2: 0,4  ×  1,2 = 0,48

2 bound:

addon1: 1 × 1,2 = 1,2

addon2: 1,2 × 0,8 = 0,96

totals: 1,44 is less than 1.5

So I decided to make a TEST.

Its pretty clear the Wesker arrive at the same time and it clearly disproves my feeling.

I feel like a big idiot now.

Post edited by Emeal on
  • Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

Since I don't like using gen slowdown perks, I got three specific builds: antihealing, chase, and aura-reading.

My TR build on him is the antihealing one: Coulrophobia, Distressing, Septic Touch, and Unnerving Presence with the Portable Safe and any other add-on. His TR is insane, around 50m with Distressing, so it is generally difficult for survivors to heal with this build.

I also got a superhuman build for him that makes him very oppressive and fast in chase and is by far my favorite way to play him: Brutal Strength, Bamboozle, Fire Up, and Superior Anatomy with either the Chalice (Gold) and Lion Medallion add-ons to launch survivors far or the Lab Photo and Leather Glove add-ons to break pallets and use the power more often.

My third build is the fun aura-reading one which consists of BBQ & Chili, I'm All Ears, Lethal Pursuer, and Nowhere to Hide with the Helicopter Stick and Uroboros Virus add-ons. You'll see many people all the time with this build.

• RainehDaze

ahahah, there's an easier way to do it that doesn't require messing with the actual values in any way.

Addon 1: plus 20% to first bound, -20% to second.

Addon 2: plus 20% to second bound, -20% to first.

So, if it uses the base value, then the bound distance is (1+0.2-0.2). If it doesn't use the base value and multiplies through, it's then 1*1.2*0.8=0.96.

Seems like it's the first one.

As for builds, been trying to work out a fun one just for getting into chases. I think I put on Floods of Rage. Situational Awareness was kind of useless as all it told me is everyone had evacuated the area constantly.

I do like the sunglasses+uh... that purple syringe addon? Max infection = 20s undetectable and aura reading. "Hi, I see you got fully infected!"

• Emeal

I edited the second response to you, with an updated math and a actual test I threw together. Hope you will take a look.

• RainehDaze

Yeah, I saw. Just explaining how I got to my conclusion from the outset. xD

• Imo Wesker is an incredibly versatile killer and opens himself to a lot of builds by default, but I personally have three main builds on Wesker at the moment: My sweat build, my casual build, and my brain-off build.

My sweat build is for when I feel like I’m gonna need to play hard to do well. Distressing, Coulrophobia, No Way Out, Terminus. Wesker’s large base TR only gets even larger with Distressing, giving you a huge amount of Coulrophobia value, passively making you a very good antiheal killer—and since Wesker’s so good in a chase and has high mobility, the strat of “Don’t heal and do gens” is much less effective than it is against someone with weaker antiloop and snowball like Legion or Wraith. Then, when they get to the endgame,a lot of people are injured thanks to Distressing + Coulro when Terminus pops, making them Broken. Broken only ends after a gate has been opened for 30 seconds, so if you have max NWO stacks, you have 60 seconds of NWO + 20 seconds opening the gate + 30 second Broken timer = a minimum 110 seconds of guaranteed Terminus value, practically making the perk a better NOED. Terminus also has the major benefit of being the literal only killer perk in the entire game that punishes survivors for 99’ing the gates, making this build an even better sweat strat on account of being fantastic for endgame camping—in order to heal and go for the rescue without feeding Wesker free kills, survivors MUST open the gates and start the EGC to deactivate Terminus. For addons, since your only true stall perk is NWO, Iri Vial is good for securing early-game pressure more easily by forcing everyone to cure themselves, and then either an infection addon or Leather Gloves for the cooldown benefit.

My casual build is for when I DON’T want to play hard and just want to enjoy myself. Shadowborn, STBFL, Agitation, Infectious. STBFL because funi M1 go stab stab, Shadowborn because please add an FoV slider, Agitation because it works with Wesker’s autograb mechanic, Infectious because beeg TR on downs = get back into chase faster.

My brain-off build is when I want a good build but really don’t care for putting in the effort into making my sweat build work. Call of Brine, Overcharge, Lethal Pursuer, Nowhere to Hide. Kick a gen, get 7 seconds of free info, guarantee that survivors won’t be able to pressure the gen before CoB + OC drain it like mad, guarantee I’ll get into a chase for free.

• RainehDaze

I find it funny to see STBFL on the casual one, because that's always wound up being my most slot-effective perks.

Kinda funny to go from 1k to 4k because Survivors failed to work out what was going on and tried to hook trade. Uh, guys, I have eight stacks...

• Gotta be honest, I love STBFL but the only reason I ran it before was because his dash didn’t give Brutality points, so I had to M1 people for those sweet sweet BP. Now that I get the regular Hit score for using my dash, I have very little reason to prefer to M1 over using my dash and I only use the perk because hee hee funi knife flippe

As for endgame camping—if I want to sweat that out, Terminus + NWO has me covered.

• RainehDaze

I don't even think it was endgame at that point, just a really bad attempt at a save that kind of spiralled into everyone getting KO'd.

Also, really, no M1? It handles corners so much nicer.

• I mean yeah, I’ll M1 if I have to, but those situations are so rare that it makes about as much sense as bringing STBFL on Huntress.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 957

I like playing sneaky Wesker, but for that I usually use an offering to either Lery's or RPD, since those maps are the best ones for stealth (Lery's is definitively better).

Add-ons: Bullhorn to make survivors oblivious, Helicopter Stick to reveal their aura.

Perks: Lethal Pursuer (with that, when any survivor uses a spray, I see their aura for 10 seconds, and they are oblivious for the whole time and more), Dark Devotion, Sloppy Butcher (a good way of sneaking up on survivors is doing it while they waste time healing), and then I use Pain Resonance to keep some gen regression on the build, but I could use it with A Nurse's Calling to make a full stealth build.

I have tested other version of this build, with Dark Sunglasses and Uroboros Virus for add-ons and Plaything/Pentimento instead of Dark Devotion/Pain Resonance, but in my experience this one is less reliable because the aura reading only lasts for 6 seconds and only if a survivor let's the infection reach its maximum, skilled survivors will rarely let that happen and make your add-ons useless for most of the time.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,635

Perks : Corrupt Intervention, BBQ and Chili, Bamboozle and Enduring.

Add-ons : Virulent Tendrils and Helicopter Stick

This build i designed to make playing him frustration-less as possible. It has no gen regression because i find gen regression perks make the match very tense and i don't like that but i do have corrupt so it reduces the chance of losing 3 gens on the first chase.

• Botiz
    Botiz Member Posts: 483

I have like three different builds I run on him:

Loadout 1 is Enduring, Shadowborn, Floods of Rage and Lethal Pursuer, based on no gen defence and more "fun" - addons are Chalice (Gold) and Leather Gloves

Loadout 2 is Call of Brine, Eruption, Pop and Nowhere to Hide, I usually resort to this build if I'm on a streak of bad games with the first loadout - addons are Egg (Gold) and Leather Gloves

Loadout 3 is Pain Res, Dead Man's Switch, Enduring and Shadowborn, a nice mix of both builds above, half meme/fun and half gen defence - same addons as the 2nd loadout too

• Emeal

I should have tested it first when I first watched that video, I have been using those two addons for like 50 wesker games now LMAO.

I can pull them off now for slight better bounds now.