Am I the only one that likes the Knight?

I totally see where the complaints come from and he definitely needs some buffs, but he isn't far away from being fine lol ESPECIALLY compared to other killers. I love the aesthetic; he has some actually well-written lore, and he has one hell of a unique power. I really hope they give him some touches but I think the Knight (again, bugs and all needs touches) is a great try at something unique that isn't just an m2 damaging projectile ability. How many Demos or huntresses do we need?

Help make his patrols more of a focus of his ability, and touch on bugs or little number adjustments and he is a fine addition.

Comments

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806

I am disappointed with the Knight as I was with the Twins.

Ignoring the massive bugs, their powers are similar in that they are ambitious; trying to divide your attention as the Killer to other survivors or parts of the map. I give BHVR credit for this/

But it all falls apart with the restrictions and practicality of the Power:

Guards seem to be intended to Patrol, but don't last long at all (except Jailer). So you would think they could be used better in chases? No. Holding W counters it. Survivors being able to see when and where you use your power is also problematic. The lack of control over which guard you summon is clearly intentional but hasn't really been explained why except to subtle-nerf his power. Add-ons are generally meme-tier with only a couple exceptions.

And this is all after they BUFFED his Guards. idk. Killer powers used to be simple but subtle. Now they are giant text blocks of restrictions.

• WorthlessBeing
    WorthlessBeing Member Posts: 378

He's bad. Like really bad. His power is trash when you want to play properly. We good? Cool. That's out of the way.

I love him to. There's something with his map and design, idk. It made me want to play Mount and Blade and make a character like him. And he has a weird Cleanrot Knight vibe from Elden Ring too.

He's bad but I love him.

• BillsHere101
    BillsHere101 Member Posts: 247

You're not the only one. I like him a lot but the list of problems are pretty damn huge

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/356240/the-knight-criteria

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,954

I have been disappointed in alot of killers, a few they fixed up to be okay.

Knight is better than most disappointing killers.

• Dramzar_Myers
    Dramzar_Myers Member Posts: 131

I think the same. Bug fixes, maybe a minor buff (like hide patrol orb, pass, and detection zone) and that's it.

Honestly, I think a lot of people got disappointed by him because they were making wrong expressions about his power. That it will haunt survivors for them or something like that.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Love the aesthetic, love the lore and all that jazz. It's just his weak ar5 power that's a total let down. If he gets buffed, he'd be a great addition. Definitely had lots if hype and coverage, way more than what Dredge, Artist and other recent killers got, so he has pulling power

• HoldingW_to_Win
    HoldingW_to_Win Member Posts: 5

yes

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I like him too. He is a cool dark souls man.

His power tho...needs some help

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

I get a kick out of the guards screaming and chasing survivors. I am enjoying him now that I understand how his power works.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,112

I like Knight. I think a lot of the time, people let their hate for a killer's weakness or "boring"ness get in the way of liking how the killer plays. I really like Hag and Deathslinger, but I barely play them because I hate that they have massive problems that have been left unaddressed.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I like him but hope he gets some tweaks. He currently feels a bit too clunky and buggy to use effectively

• KSzerker
    KSzerker Member Posts: 191

I find him boring to play against, but I'm enjoying playing as him. I wish instead of having so many addons focused on the individual Guards he instead had more addons changing the effectiveness of all Guards. Like an addon that increases their FoV, and more tiers of increased patrol/hunt durations.

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012

he is very fun in make survivors leave loops or god pallets but holy hell the amount of DCS are becoming an annoyance, force em into a sticky situation, dc

force em to leave a loop dc

close the hatch dc

dh didn't work dc

like anything that is related to making a survivor mad dc

• LuvDaDakka
    LuvDaDakka Member Posts: 4

I 'like' the Knight but he kinda sucks and is very clunky to play.