So I am going to try to comprehend the cosmetic stuff

Options
Hoodied
Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994

So limited time cosmetics are back for some unknown reason and are taking old collections with it because I can simply guess that older collections are only in it because “they are Christmas themed, therefore they must also be in here too”

Good god do I find this to be disappointing, like this is really disappointing, “but they’ll come back in a year” I am not waiting a whole year to buy a cosmetic I could have gotten whenever I felt like it, I don’t want to either buy it now or wait a year, I want to buy it whenever I want to get it , this wouldn’t be as disappointing as it is if it was licensed stuff that are doing it like how CoD had bundles that stick around only for awhile due to licensing (like the rambo or ghostface stuff) but this is mainly original content being put in limited

Comments

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

It's absolutely disgusting that they're removing content that used to be freely available, and it's especially awful with how wide they're casting this net. I can almost rationalize it for stuff like Elf Dwight, but the pajama sets? The sweaters? How did the Twins even end up in there? It's a naked cash grab and it has me fearing for what else they're going to find an excuse to snip out of the store come Lunar New Year, spring, summer, autumn, Halloween... eurgh.

I could have lived with them releasing new limited-time sets, but this is just unacceptable.

And I'm still terribly amused by how they pretended to ask for our feedback about limited time outfits a couple of times and then plowed straight ahead despite the answer being a resounding 'no!'

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 858
    Options

I absolutely support it. They literally just made all other cosmetics for older characters purchasable through shards now.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

Yeah, funny how they made that announcement, rolled it out at a glacial crawl (so far it's only 4 survivors and 5 killers over, what, 4 months?), and proceeded to release all their new outfits with a loophole that says they never have to be available for shards. And now they're taking hot sellers out of the store and into their cycling rotation before they'd ever have to make them available with shards. Notice Feng and Felix in there? The onesies? Yeah.

I would have much rather had the old shop than the one we're moving towards. Like it's not even a question. It's not like we're headed towards the promised era where we can buy everything with shards, so why not have universal availablity?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    Options

actually, it's up to 6 survivors now (everyone up to David King, not including bill because he was always for shards)

And 7 killers (up to Doctor)

They just haven't been announcing it

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,251
    Options

I don’t see what the issue is, this is literally done by almost all games.

• Hoodied
    Options

Doesn’t make it good at all, infact games doing this are also usually F2P, dbd is not f2p

This is also previous content that was once available 24/7 being changed to seasonal instead, it still has some of the issues exclusives have of “man I wish I got it when I had the chance” except now its “man I have to wait a whole year to get it again”

• BarnesFlam
    BarnesFlam Member Posts: 654
    Options

PJs are now considered holiday-themed. Don't ask, shut up, buy and consume.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,251
    Options

It’s literally a cosmetic, if you want it get it now, you don’t then don’t. What’s the issue? Whether it’s a f2p or p2p I don’t see how that changes a single thing. You’re paying for the game, not a cosmetic. The community being disgruntled by this all seems silly honestly. Basically every single game I’ve ever played does limited time seasonal cosmetics.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 858
    edited December 2022
    Options

Nah. I prefer this system more. Before this announcement, most new store cosmetics were auric cells only and rarely iri shards. I rather wait 4 weeks now for store cosmetics so i can get them for free. Exceptions are licensed and now holiday cosmetics which is fair. They gotta compensate somewhere for making more things more free

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    Options

What 4 weeks? Asides from Hooked on You and possibly Oni's Blighted skin, the only original cosmetics we've had since that announcement have been exempt from the 4 week timer.

• Hoodied
    Options

easy answer to the “its literally a cosmetic”, cosmetics can change how a character looks and people like looking fashionable in games, its freedom of being able to dress your favorite characters up, restricting said freedom can upset players due to lack of being able to mix and match your outfit to your desire (hence why people dislike sets, limits freedom as well as some sets simply not making sense on why they are sets)

Limited cosmetics limit your span between when you can get a piece you want for your outfit, if you are newer you just gotta wait around I guess but if you wanna get a cosmetic thats locked as auric cell only that you want but don’t wanna spend money on the game, tough luck, other games have work arounds for this stuff as well, some of these games being free games but those being more restrictive sometimes, along with all of this, people dislike changing the store system of a game like how bhvr did by added previously unlimited outfits to the limited section to “fit the season”, some games were already made like it to be seasonal cosmetics that rotate (Rainbow Six Siege and Apex for example do this, however Apex actually made a secondary event type that lets you get certain event cosmetics whenever you want but at a boosted cost for awhile, while Rainbow Six Siege is RNG that you actually get something you want)

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

It's a weird change, but I'm not completely against it myself. Though even I am confused by the fact the new Christmas skins will not be available with shards for this year.