Why did multiple killers get shadow nerfed?!

Options

For people who don't have a clue what I'm talking about here. After the last big Update the vaulting got changed for a few killers like wesker, legion and some others. Firstly on pallets it's just the window vault Animation and Sound which is really cheap but this is not my point.

My point is that multiple perks like fire up and bambozle are not working anymore together with killers and addons who can increase the vault speed.

That includes

Wraith

Myers tier 3

Wesker

Legion

Others reported it as a bug got told it's not a bug. So they just shadow banned a whole mechanic. Thanks bhvr again for ruining something no one had a problem with and people just had fun with.

Comments

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,232
    Options

I find it really sad, since the insta vault thing on Myers was hillarious to look at... It was not even good or anything but just funny, so why remove it.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Wesker didnt get any speed from bamboozle while using his power to vault even before this update.

And that is intended

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239
    Options

Honestly they had no reason to do this,no one complained about killers being able to vault faster by using a perk or power combination.

But I guess random killer nerfs are a thing in this game.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

They pretty much killed these niche builds with that shadow nerf. Wesker didn't even get the bonus speed to vaulting. There were absolutely no problems with these perks, other than the Schroedinger's vault Wraith bug and that was hilarious! BHVR probably knew this wouldn't sit well with the community and decided not to communicate it because of that.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,498
    Options

I just want to hear from them. Why did they do it? Why?

• JustWhimsical
    JustWhimsical Member Posts: 590
    Options

Wait, they ruined vault wraith and vault Myers... what the heck..

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

Same reason why Madness skillchecks aren't affected by Lullaby

I expect that the perks will contain stuff like

-doesn't affect your power

-non-stackable

-no fun allowed

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,816
    edited December 2022
    Options

Am i the only one that think that un-documented changes are a problem?

• suddently you cant remember the changes you did in the past.

I really hope that bhvr have this documnented internal.

Post edited by Unknown2765 on
  • MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    Options

while i agree that tier 3 + bambozle was overkill against new players , am really dissapointed that BHVR didnt even gave legion an addon to vault windows/pallets more faster since thats his main power , unlike wesker that has that already many stuff basekit and pretty much has less cooldown after vaulting compared to legion , but just killing the perk for legion..? , really BHVR ?

• MalekithHatesSnow
    MalekithHatesSnow Member Posts: 218
    Options

Cool back to Eruption + CoB then

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Myers has to fit in the No Fun Allowed category because he is just basic vaulting. The slight buffs to his mobility and lunging from Tier III just helps him not be at the rock bottom of the tier list.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 532
    edited December 2022
    Options

What makes me sad is now I'm looking at less variety in my builds and may as well just run 4 slow downs. Which isn't fun for anyone involved. Sorry survivor's blame bhvr. They took away some more fun.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

Just like shadow dance and locker opening

• TeabaggingGhostface
    Options

The real reason madness isn't affected by lullaby is bc almo couldn't hit the skillchecks

• Chadku
    Options

Doing Madness skillchecks around whiteish walls for extra colorblindness.

I'm awaiting the day Iron Maiden gets it's 50% reloading removed just because two killers are always running it.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    Options

Imagine if they make reloading not count as searching a locker for darkness revealed

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,224
    Options

Wow good thing this will totally add to build diversity and not most of the time just replace those slots with an extra slowdown

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

Wraith and Myers are actually not affected by these changes.

But I agree, Wesker and Legion should totally benefit from these perks. Imagine if Trickster and Huntress didn't benefit from Iron Maiden.

They're just removing fun perk synergy builds and perk diversity, and it is annoying.

• Chadku
    Options

Before

"We made Ruin regress any gen but you cannot use PGTW on them"

Now

"Call of Brine increases regression speeds but you can use Eruption/Opression/Overcharge-ion for a bit more regress-ion."

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,157
    Options

My theory is after Superior Anatomy was making Wraith and Myers vault so fast that their animations were completely bugged out, they first made changes to the vault animation itself (I might be the only one who noticed this its v subtle lol) but I'm also theorising they are standardising vaults related to powers to not be affected by vault related perks

It could just be a bug, but I think they might be intentionally making it so killers who can vault using their power or vault super quickly have a standardised time, either for bug reasons or balance reasons