Do devs really listen the community?

Options

At this point, playing this game is a rollercoaster of emotions, killers camp and tunnel at 5 gens meanwhile survivos do gens at lightspeed

I've seen some suggestions on this forums that can improve the game for better, but looks like is just that, changes that will never come.

There's some good suggestion to change perks, to avoid camping and tunneling, stoping genrush and it's sad that the community have better ideas that the current game.

I love this game, but please devs, listen to the community.

Comments

• Jocelynbee
    Jocelynbee Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,269
    Options

Absolutely, we receive a lot of valuable and important feedback here. Some scenarios make it easier to implement and communicate, like after a PTB. Other changes and feedback go through a long process of vetting, designing, and testing, and this process can take a long time! We certainly don't want to announce things too early and it not work out; that will just feel like a bait and switch. I am looking forward to, and hope you are too, all of the things currently in the pipeline and in development.

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239
    Options

Can you at least tell if any changes will be made to the core problems of the game the op stated?

• Liam282
    Liam282 Member Posts: 219
    Options

I truly think they do; I know they're currently re-hiring developers and filling in gaps as soon as possible in their teams which is standard practice. If I had a team leader on my college assignment that decided to bail, I wouldn't have time to report to my play testers as much as I used to. Now, if they actually make changes on valid feedback versus a howling mob on the forums/Twitter? I sadly don't think so as there's very worrying issues with the game and sadly only the hordes can draw their attention.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Options

if it's what they want to hear

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

A better question is should the devs listen to the community. I see a lot of really awful ideas with huge ramifications for the game thrown around casually. People don't think things through.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

They don't. Its very clear. only if its exploits or hacks or cheats then yeah they will get fixed

• Direflies
    Direflies Member Posts: 10
    Options

Please consider adding a chat feature for all platforms, as a console player, I'd really love to be able to communicate with my friends that are on other platforms, especially PC.

• AMOGUS
    AMOGUS Member Posts: 482
    Options

This is true, there's a bunch of awful solutions on these forums, and a lot of bad ideas.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

If that's true then why haven't you changed SWF to have less of an advantage?

One simple rule change could make SWF still be fun to play but limited so that solo queue is not an equal or perhaps in some ways "better"

Limit SWF with two simple rules:

1. No character, item, perk or offering repeats.
    2. Once the group queues for a game their loadouts become locked but they can change their costume.

Add a UI interface that shows all the perks the other characters are using in real time so you can better strategize with your team.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

You cannot make playing with your friends punitive. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Yoshirama
    Yoshirama Member Posts: 312
    Options

So you want to make SFW as bad as SoloQ and punish the players that want to play with friends... Wow

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 510
    Options

Yeah... No, Tunneling has been an exploit that has been abused for years and DS has been nerfed.

I get a community manager won't just reply no but we deserve better than this. I'd have prefered the thread being ignored.

• DBDVulture
    Options

Balanced and punitive mean different things.

Preventing bullying via SWF would make the game more enjoyable for everyone. There are plenty of exhaustion perks, second chance perks and it would create more strategy to require you to not be able to stack multiple copies of the same perks/items.

Punitive would be : you are playing in a swf therefore every linked person increases gen/totem/healing/etc times by 20%.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    Options

once you get above certain skill level, bully squads no longer exists. Meaning bully squads will always be part of the game, because there will always be considerably newer players then other players. Deleting every bully squad would mean that 5K+ hrs people would not be able to make loops around 5hrs player. That's just ridiculous. That would mean killers would get 100% kill rate if killer has at least 1/10th of skill weakest survivor has.

Right now if you have even slightly same skill as those survivors, then they will absolutely fail to bully you - because it would result in many free hits and very possibly 4 slugged survivors on the ground.

The only real counter to this is, that devs will gradually remove toxicity from the game. I don't know how you want to prevent killer nodding at survivor after down or hitting him on hook, but sure that would go the same direction as actually removing bully squads

• DBDVulture
    Options

-"once you get above certain skill level, bully squads no longer exists."

And that's why 99% of DBD tournaments use the rule set where you can't repeat characters, items or perks (except sometimes BT is allowed to be copied)?

Otz is a 9k hour player and every now and then he gets completely floored by survivors with far fewer hours. That throws your ideas right out the window. You won't see those games on YT obviously and have to watch his channel to see them.

Bully squads exist because SWF can coordinate perks and items in an unfair way. Consider the perk Knock out for a moment. This perk is essentially useless vs a SWF. Is that fair to the killer that you invalidate one of his perks because you are playing in a SWF? Imagine if DBD accessed your PC so that if you were playing in a SWF and you were talking then your aura would appear to the killer for 5 seconds. Would that be fair compensation to the killer for playing in a SWF?

I don't think anyone wants or is asking for that but it goes to show that you're thinking about the situation only from one point of view : the survivor having fun.

Ask yourself why did the 6.0 patch happen? Do you want to put your head in the sand and declare that it was in no way related to the fact that prior to the 6.0 patch killer queues were nearly instantaneous from noon to 5 am in my region and many others? Do you want to just ignore the data pulled from the servers where we had queue data from the DBD servers where there were sometimes as many as 6000 survivors in a queue with only 45 or fewer killers?

The truth is that for the majority of the lifetime of DBD playing killer has not been a fun/enjoyable experience.

• Gandor
    Options

I watch him. And it's always about map balance+items. He intentionally nerfs himself to brown or yellow addons and then gets frustrated he lost against 4 purple medkits or 4 BNP's. Like should the game really be balanced so that killer can win perkless and addonless against any swf tryharding as much as possible?

Because if you are good and take full meta on killer, you can win 530+ times in a row.

Also about hours. Sweh is one of the best (he belongs to the group) survivors, yet doesn't have that many hours. Hours alone does not say full picture. They are just one indicator

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 568
    edited December 2022
    Options

Totally understandable! Now I understand why almost all of The Clown's cosmetic haven't been fixed (Among other bugs) as those takes a while. I am still going to wait to whatever changes the dev among other things <3.

• Cassiopeiae
    Cassiopeiae Member Posts: 263
    Options

They do but they dismiss most opinions and feedback due to the fact that a lot of the comunity is just entitled, and what they do agree on takes time to process on their side.

• DBDVulture
    Options

"-He intentionally nerfs himself to brown or yellow addons and then gets frustrated he lost against 4 purple medkits or 4 BNP's."

Actually Otz changed his rules about addons for streaks because he was tired of exactly those things.

Oh really?

Show me the 530 win streak with Pig. CMWinter's best was around 140 games before MMR. He's still a great player but he can get floored by tournament teams just as often as he gets the 4k that becomes a spicy TY video.

Better yet show me the 100 win streak with Doctor. Find me some killer main who is "tournament level" who beats tournament teams (like the ones I linked you of Hens in the other thread). That doesn't exist. Nor for Michael Myers, Trapper, Clown, and almost the entire DBD roster.

You're talking about streaks with two killers while all the rest are a complete joke by comparison. Let us remember that Blight is scheduled to lose Hug tech whenever the devs get around to it. That will reduce him down in power to A tier but when that rework happens he will probably have several addons nerfed as both Nurse/Blight have some of the highest % based power modifiers in the game - which is absurd.

With the current state of the C and D tier killers we have in DBD there is no "world's best doctor". It's about as relevant as measuring the relative footspeed of humans vs animals. Obviously Nurse would be the Tiger Beetle and blight can be the Cheetah for now. Doctor is the lowly human by comparison - if only he could run at 50x his body length per second.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

They do, they're just so damn slow at making changes.

• ProveKa
    ProveKa Member Posts: 172
    Options

how many years should pass after the suggestions 2 ! 3 ! or more.

• Gandor
    Options

Show me comp level hiding survivors. Show me comp level sabotage squads. Show me comp level self heal builds. So sure - if you go with strongest stuff on one side, you have to compare it with strongest stuff on the other side.

And it's not just blight and nurse. You will see artist and spirit there too - especially when you lift all rules comps do have but pubs don't (there's a reason why mdr spirit is not allowed). Also I can show you 100 winstreak onryo player. You can't show me 50 winstreak soloQ player.

Sure there are quite a number of killers that are weaker then best SWF. However every single one of them is stronger then soloQ. Even the worst killer in game will probably win against 4-man solos if they are same skill level.

• LuvDaDakka
    LuvDaDakka Member Posts: 4
    Options

Clearly not. If they were, the Nurse would have been balanced/reworked/remove already.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

I think they try to appear to be listening while not actually listening. The only thing they actually listen to is harsh backlash when something is game-breaking.

They give us these forums and the surveys to keep up that appearance. I'd eat my hat if anyone can dig up a suggestion from this forum that actually got implemented.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

Not that anyone wants to hear it, but I'll tell you what I believe. They listen to all the wrong feedback. There's no indication that they're balancing for skill or for top level. It's a parody of balance. Why else do they balance for "monsters at top level" one day, and the opposite the next? They've kept in elements that make no sense, like hooks being destroyed, while throwing out stuff that makes all the sense in the world, like new running animations. It's unbelievably random.