Ez way to fix the DC problem for solo Q.

Options

1 dc = All remaining players get 25% bonus bloodpoints.

2 dc = 50%

3 dc = 100%

Comments

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

What he said. More of that, getting +25% on 5-10K bloodpoints not very comforting.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

I can't wait to get +100% on my 4k bps after 3 teammates insta DC'd and killer hooked me.

Snarkiness aside, I don't think it would solve anything.

I'd much rather have a surrender option to leave the match without a penalty if someone DC'd early.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,383
    Options

That would make the others slightly less screwed, but it doesn’t prevent the dc from happening in the first place.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

I say give habitual ragequitters longer ques, and throw them in a pool with fellow habitual ragequitters. Then they can circle jerk each other in that small pool, ragequitting on each other. To get out, they’ll have to start playing their matches all the way through, consistently.

• Cassiopeiae
    Cassiopeiae Member Posts: 263
    Options

If you want a BP compensation for DC's don't make it percentage based, just give a solid 20 or 30k bp, then apply any bonuses you had like offerings etc.

Only if the DC was in the first minute or two, though. If it took longer for some1 to DC you probably already have enough BP.

• SluggedSurvivor
    SluggedSurvivor Member Posts: 51
    Options

Nobody cares about points. Maybe they should just fix solo and you wouldnt have as many DCs

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239
    Options

Ez way to fix it is replace the dcing survivors with bots and increase the penalty.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

Played 7 games last night. There were dcs in five of them. 4/5 were survivors being hard tunneled off the hook by S or A tier killers with full slowdown builds. The other was someone mad they got downed first. I don't get why killers whine about survivors dcing when they play the strongest killers with the strongest builds and still tunnel random solos off the hook. Like what do they expect?

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 533
    Options

Agreed the bots aren't particularly efficient but they'd certainly be preferable to having nothing at all.

I'd also make the first penalty timer at least 15 minutes, so its still quicker to finish the game than quit & wait for 5 minutes.

Of course hook suicides will increase but thats less of an easy fix & that still gives people potential blood point earning opportunities on both sides

• Cassiopeiae
    Cassiopeiae Member Posts: 263
    edited December 2022
    Options

IMO:

Honestly the only thing shameful about DC's are the ones that come from SWF that are sweating and ready to verse tryhard killers.

If a casual player is getting tunneled and smashed by a tryhard killer with iris 4 slowdowns or whatever I don't blame them for DC'ing and I won't get mad over it either. They're just being denied from playing altogether, so why stay.

Can agree that the first offence should be 10 or 15 minutes, not 5, but if it's repeated and the DC's come from games where said survivor did not even get to play then the penalty should not get higher.

Agreed on the bots too.

And finally haaard agree on the fact that DC's should be looked at as to what caused them in the first place, which is more often than not bad design, followed by player entitlement and DC's due to poor killer latency (that one russian dude, sorry for the stereotype but it's often true).

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,918
    Options

Actual solutions:

1. When a survivor DC's, they get the DC symbol for their portrait but their body remains in the game. This allows the killer to use them to farm hooks, and in doing so takes pressure off the other survivors, who could then choose to use them to farm rescues if they wished. Everyone ends up with more BP, no one is cheated out of hooks or hook rescues, and the remaining survivors aren't as badly affected by the sudden disappearance of a team mate.
    2. When a survivor DC's, all remaining survivors are guaranteed a black safety pip and a 5K 'Quitters Bonus' per survivor who DC'd.
  • ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options
  • Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,269
    Options

bro getting 100% from a game where you get 3k bp still only buys you a clear reagent, a bloodied blueprint, and a poopy brown medkit

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Which is still better than getting that now without those extra %, isnt it?

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,269
    Options

i mean like, sure? But it still doesnt fix the issue of people dcing. Which is what this is supposed to fix

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,073
    Options

This, but to add to it, serial DC’s should eventually have their own matchmaking pool so they’re paired up with and against each other. That way, they won’t ruin anyones games.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    Options

I will talk about the Husk system under development as often as I can.

DEVELOPER UPDATE | JUNE/JULY 2019

This also gives us an opportunity to strengthen the way we handle disconnections. Survivors who disconnect from a match will leave a “husk” behind. The Killer can then hook and sacrifice this husk to receive the points- and perk tokens where applicable- that they would have earned had the Survivor continued playing. Additionally, the other Survivors in the match will receive a quitter bonus to compensate for losing a teammate. Should a Killer disconnect, the match will immediately end, and the remaining Survivors will receive emblem points assuming they had healed and escaped the trial, keeping any items and add-ons they have equipped. Any offerings used will be refunded if the match is cancelled shortly after starting.

While we are aiming to have this new system launch at the same time as dedicated servers, we may need to hold off until the following mid-chapter patch. We will keep you posted on our progress as soon as we have more info to share. For the time being, we will continue punishing excessive disconnectors using our existing system.

As someone said, replacing it with a bot is more useful just by existing than a self centered useless player.

Players who are less than bots should not play online games and deserve a bigger penalty.

BP boosting for those left behind is not a bad idea, but those still incapable of learning about online game etiquette and morals will always continue to intentionally self-serving DC.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 535
    Options

Better idea would be fix matchmaking so games aren't constantly lopsided.

• Tsukah
    Tsukah Member Posts: 390
    Options

Remove the penalty and replace the disconnected survivor with a bot

• Tsukah
    edited December 2022
    Options

"I'd also make the first penalty timer at least 15 minutes"

Terrible idea, especially for me living in Canada where the harsh winters cause major power outages

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 533
    Options

I get that genuine internet issues are a thing for some people but in fairness since I will never DC under any circumstances there will be games I play out (almost certain losses) & the person who often intentionally screwed us (outages aside the majority are rage quits) gets a new game before me!

2 days ago I had someone quit I played it out to my death, next game exact same player in my group & they quit again as soon as they were hit, not down, not hooked just hit!

& as I've recorded my last 700 games I can assure you it is getting worse! (killers DC now more than ever too but still far less often purely because of 4 v 1 obviously)

I love Canada by the way spent many a summer in Calgary

• Tsukah
    Options

@Pulsar had a really good suggestion

Here's what he said:

"More evidence to move forward with my idea for a bot system, it'd make everyone happy."

"Turn off DC penalties. Have a bot replace the player who DC'd. Survivors aren't completely screwed over, people aren't held in games that they don't want to be in and Killers aren't screwed out of BP. Everybody's happy. Except for toxic people who try to get people to DC."

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

I can agree with replacing the person who DC's with a bot, but definitely dont remove the DC penalty.

If i wanna play agianst bots, i will do it in customs. If i have to play against a bot because someone DCs for the sake of fairness, ok Fine that makes sense.

However all that getting rid if the dc penalty will do is increase the rate of dc's, we have seen it everytime the dc penalty gets disabled.

A better idea would be a reward system where after a certain number of completed games, lets say 15 games, you receive a dc token allowing you to bypass the dc penalty 1 time. These tokens would have to be hidden, so they dont get abused.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 532
    Options

dc's don't count as a kill for killers and they absolutely should. I often play weak killers because I love them and it is really deflating to still get 1-2 dc's when I don't play like a dickhead. I don't tunnel, I don't camp, I don't proxy camp. Yet that isn't enough survivors still feel the need to dc and when you're trying to do challenges it can out right stop it them from completing.

mean while when the killer happens to dc the survivors get a free escape.