nurse should not be able to teleport through walls.

Options
russf10
russf10 Member Posts: 56
edited November 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I think nurses base-kit should be her old addon that you cant teleport through walls but you get 3 blinks. or maybe only her first blink gets to travel through walls but her second doesnt, also make her hits count as normal hits. Nurse is absolutely busted with little to no counterplay, please change her power, the majority of players HATE going against nurses, every time I go against a nurse someone either gives up or dc's and its getting boring AF

Comments

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

Honestly? I can see second blinks not wall phasing. Doesn't break her power, but encourages her second blink being corrective

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

No.

Buff the other killers to her perceived level instead. Afterall thats what the community is all about for survivors.

• R1ch4rd_N1x0n
    R1ch4rd_N1x0n Member Posts: 1,731
    Options

Yeah and Trapper shouldn't be able to set traps and Wraith shouldn't be able to turn invisible.

• Little_Kitten
    Little_Kitten Member Posts: 871
    Options

Preventing the nurse from going through the walls just goes with his gamedesign.

Preventing her from chaining blinks through walls would make her pathetic in chase, and would allow the survivors to be completely safe from the moment he was more or less close to a door or a junction.

"the majority of players HATE going against nurses, every time I go against a nurse someone either gives up or dc's and its getting boring AF"

For someone to DC and leave 3 survivors against the killer, yes, it's annoying.

However, aside from when the nurse uses a Starstruck's build + Midwich offering, and I totally understand, and agree that one might find the game uninteresting, the DC's we see most of the time are done by players who can't stand getting hooked first, or getting found / hit first, or even who don't want to play against the nurse.

If they don't want to make the effort to see how the game is going to go, they have only themselves to blame.

I do understand if one or more players DC when another has just done so in an early game; when I play on my nurse, I don't mind, and I can't blame him. He can't know how I'm going to play 3V1, and I don't blame him for that.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,101
    Options

Imagine doubling back over a window or running around a corner becoming the immediate ultimate counter against a worse blight.

• Little_Kitten
    Options

Who knows ... maybe in fact, that's what some players want, to make the nurse easier to loop than an M1 killer on Lery 🤣

• Little_Kitten
    Options

I think the killers should not be able to hit the survivors 🤗

• Donleov
    Donleov Member Posts: 117
    Options

So... you want her to become wesker???

• ProveKa
    ProveKa Member Posts: 172
    Options

to learn something? :D Are you a comedian or something? The chase logic of the game has palettes and windows. Are you suggesting to learn something against a killer who can ignore them?

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,637
    Options

That is very shortsighted... Some killers ignore specific things of the game: Huntress, Deathslinger and Trickster can hit people over ojects or even through small holes in structures. Nemesis can hit you overpallets and other low tiles. Against different killers you have to use the map differently... While against a M1 killer you can just run the Long Wall jungle gym normally and going for the winning doing this against huntress or Demogorgon will get you hit, shack is also rather rough against those two killers.

In the sense of it being necessary to use high wall tiles Nurse is simliar to huntress, deathslinger or Trickster. But where it provides protection against those three killers against nurse it provides you with the ability to make her miss a blink. There are several killers that get hardly bothered by pallets and windows, a good spirit (with yellow addons or even less) will have to kick like 2-3 pallets on an ordinary map and afterwards there will be nothing to hold her.

Also I would like to add that some structures that are useless against other killers that can just follow you are really good against nurse: The outskirts of the map with those high wall tiles, the houses one some maps (bedham, Haddonfield and so on) even without using the windows (yeah sure those houses are really good tiles because of the windows, but against nurse the windows are not even the important thing)... I mean just because some stuff does not work against her does not mean nothing works against her. Tiles are not equally strong against all killers and Nurse just has completely different weaknesses, and just because windows and pallets don't help much against her does not mean that you can do nothing about her.

• Coulderoi
    Coulderoi Member Posts: 16
    Options

I mean the safest and most reasonable solution is having her blink strikes not count as basic attacks.

• ProveKa
    Options

The things you mention only work against someone playing nurse for the first time.Also, do you want me to leave the spots that make up 95% of the map and go to 5% of the map?so how much is my chance there oh my chance has increased from 5% to 10%.Also you are the real shortsighted.(Enough to defend the nurse)

• Archol123
    Options

If breaking line of sight would only work against bad nurses, why would Lerys be Nurses worst map that makes many Nurses struggle? Because line of sight breaking does work against nurse and the map just cranks it up to 1000% because it is really easy to do it on this map, sure other maps don't provide nearly as much line of sight blockers, but they stay the same throughtout the entire game, unlike the few god pallets you have against spirit and afterwards there is nothing to hold her back with Nurse the map keeps its strenght in looping possibilities throughtout the entire game.

You need to play around the parts of the map that are strong... When you play on Saloon and only play in the outskirts but not in the town you cannot really complain that there are barely tiles... Same goes for Suffocation Pit when one side does not have as many pallets as the other one... As survivor it is your job to loop the killer in places that provide you with protection and the killers job to make you go in weaker areas or create deadzones...

Also since you seem to struggle with appropriate counterplay against Nurse, here is a guide that I found very usefull:

I hope that was helpful.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,077
    Options

People saying that nurse completely ignores pallets and vaults are overstating her power.

You can still pallet stun a nurse who is blinking at you (hard, but possible) and she can't attack through pallets or windows if she blinks on the wrong side of them. Pallets and windows aren't useless against her, but you do have to be much smarter how to play around them.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    Options

While technically true, it's quite rare that these do anything - at least against good nurse. And from patch 5.5 you are better of making nurse miss her blink (by e.g. prethrow) then stunning her - because stun will actually cancel her fatigue allowing her to blink at you even quicker.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

I will agree with you if :

We allow non nurse/killers to have the option to not match with any SWF players.

• ProveKa
    Options

Looks like you're smart enough to search for content on YouTube.But you're too cunning to write nurse streak.People don't get 700 win streaks 300 win streaks only on open maps and this is stats that only appear on youtube.6000 survivors, maybe even more, when this win takes just a part of the streaks.There are certainly some among them who know these tactics, but the result still does not change.

You have the ability to search for videos on youtube.Look, to win against the nurse.Over 20,000 hours of gameplay in total, swf and you have to play as if there is a 1,000,000 dollar prize at the end of the game.Am I entering the tournament or playing the game?In addition, they know that there is a nurse in front of them when entering the game and they arrange perks and items accordingly.

I will say I hope you understand, but again you will show a cunning.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
    edited December 2022
    Options

I feel like Nurse doesn't have a lot of counterplay because her charge speed is so fast and can alter the distance by just aiming at the floor

Her going through walls is fine IMO it's just mainly that she can fake and change her blink distance mid charge

Also lightburning is supposed to be a weakness for her yet it hardly does anything because shining a flashlight slows you down too much and allows her to just m1 you

• Archol123
    Options

I mean you have a comp Nurse against a comp squad and the survivors are limiting their item and perk choices, therefore I don't really get what you are trying to tell me? The only thing I can read out of such streaks is enormous player skill and matchmaking being unable to give them appropriate opponents of similar skill most of the time?

• ProveKa
    Options

Again, you were cunning and only tried to understand or not understand what you wanted.It's not just matchmaking.Not accepting the nurse's power.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    Options

In comp both sides are limited. Like nurse can't bring starstruck and such. Comp is specifically tailored to be a different game altogether. Also there's a huge difference between soloQ (which is one of the largest part of players) and comp players. Are you really willing to throw this player base overboard and just make them autoloose or DC?

I think ideally all parts of the game should be balanced so that every killer/survivor/etc have fair chance to play (sure there can be a few examples with simple killers for learning the game).

• Archol123
    edited December 2022
    Options

What else does the video you posted show otherwise dude? There was a 200 win streak on twins, the same probably goes for Blight and Spirit, those two are almost as strong as Nurse... In comp we can see that Nurse does not always win against equally skilled players, perk and item restriction limit both sides, even though I would say survivors get limited more. But in the end even when really skilled players go against Alf they most likely won't bring 4 BNP and strong toolboxes and so on 1. They know they could with high chance win by bringing this but it would be boring af 2. They probably want to win under the rules that apply in tournaments because that's the setting the usually play in... People are not trying to ruin streaks just for the cause of it I think... And if we take into account that in tournaments Nurse does not always win and that comp players can win against a comp Nurse then we just have to assume that matchmaking is really bad, also in the video you posted Alf lost one Game against Hens and his friends... So it does show Nurse does not automatically win but it takes equally skilled players and they are just really rare.

• Archol123
    Options

If you have a player that is so skilled he just wins every game because he is that much better than the guys he gets matched against then why is this anything else but a problem with bad matchmaking? If you let Serral play against some Diamond player he will get an almost indefinite win streak just because of the skill difference between those people and in Starcraft with proper matchmaking this would not happen, but it does in DBD... And that's the reason such winstreaks exist... If Alf only played against Hens and his friends or players of similar skill the matches would be rather even but since comp squads and comp killer players are so rare in this game the matchmaking is unable to match them with each other and this creates those scenarios...

The problem with creating a fair game is that changes apply to all MMR high mid or low skilled does not matter... Average skilled nurses are not that much of a problem for average skilled players... Comp Nurses are not a problem for comp players (generally speaking) but since those are not the matchups you get there is just no way to properly balance this :/

• ProveKa
    Options

You're still cunning.No matter what I tell you here, you will understand what you want to understand.The subject need not go any further, nurse is the weakest

• Archol123
    edited December 2022
    Options

If you don't elaborate further I cannot take you seriously dude... You don't even point out which parts exactly I'm ignoring according to you or where I'm going wrong so what is there to argue about... You could as well just say "You're wrong" and not say anything else... Would not bring the debate any further as well.