Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New DS = Trash

DS was a good perk, it required skills (Skill check), it was counterable with enduring, Unnerving presence or by dribbling the survivor. And was pretty useless if you weren't the obsession because it was hard to reach the 35% before being hooked.

Now it's garbage. That's why:
If the killer has mori, you can't use it.
If you're good at looping and you survive more than 60 seconds after being unhooked, you can't use it.
And it is still counterable like it's been so far.

So, I'm still waiting for Skill-Check Perks for killers, since the only things they need to do is to left-click.

Comments

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

This is why it's a good thing.

• Daveer
    Daveer Member Posts: 14

@ShyN3ko said:

@Daveer said:
    it required skills (Skill check)

This is just good comedy.

I didn't say "it was hard to hit the skill check" but you still had to hit it!

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

@Daveer said:

@ShyN3ko said:

@Daveer said:

The skillcheck is a joke.
    Its only a little problem, if you play vs doc.
    Skillchecks are not hard to hit.
    1-3 hours and you hit every skillcheck.

• Daveer

@ShyN3ko said:

@Daveer said:

@ShyN3ko said:

@Daveer said:

The skillcheck is a joke.
    Its only a little problem, if you play vs doc.
    Skillchecks are not hard to hit.
    1-3 hours and you hit every skillcheck.

So why don't devs put a skillcheck for the mori? It's easy to hit skillchecks right? Put a skillcheck on every mori like "brand new piece"

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    If i ignore the top text, you're actually right.
    Decisive will die out this way
  • Meme
    Meme Member Posts: 275

@Daveer said:
    DS was a good perk, it required skills (Skill check),

As soon as i read that I knew this was a boosted survivor. Also, you can still escape the killers grasp, just not as easily as before. It will also occur in the pick up animation, so you cannot be dribbled. It has the potential to be really strong end game, not all game like it used to be.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,478

The Decisive change is actually really good. It promotes Anti-tunneling, and it brings on counters upon counters. Enduring didn't counter DS before. It all depended on what was around the survivor after using it. If there was a pallet or window close by, the chase goes on and for who knows how long if the survivor knows how to loop. Now, killers get more options and no cheeky counters.
    Dribbling is no longer a thing
    DS can be slugged. Which means that Unbreakable can be a counter to that
    Tenacity can also be a counter
    Deliverance would also be great with DS
    DS is no longer a perk that survivors can rely on. There are gonna be less boosted survivors at rank 1 because of this. Survivors shouldn't win because of a perk, now you might be thinking that killers have Noed. Which don't get me wrong, I dislike Noed, its the only crutch killers really have but guess what? It can be countered by cleansing it.
    For DS, the "counters" for it have counters
    Dribbling: Survivors can body block, which just wastes even MORE time for the killer.
    Enduring: If there's a pallet/window near by, the chase goes on, wasting time for the killer.
    You're probably gonna disagree with this, how ever Decisive Strike was a crutch, the literal quote on the perk is : "There's nothing to be scared of"
    Also there's no skill in hitting that skill check, you miss it, that's on you.

• ArthurFiNCHr
    ArthurFiNCHr Member Posts: 78

New DS will be such a waste of perk slot, they should make Breakdown and new DS as one perk, maybe that way it wouldn't be a waste of perk slot.

• Daveer

@Shroompy said:
    The Decisive change is actually really good. It promotes Anti-tunneling, and it brings on counters upon counters. Enduring didn't counter DS before. It all depended on what was around the survivor after using it. If there was a pallet or window close by, the chase goes on and for who knows how long if the survivor knows how to loop. Now, killers get more options and no cheeky counters.
    DS is no longer a perk that survivors can rely on. There are gonna be less boosted survivors at rank 1 because of this. Survivors shouldn't win because of a perk, now you might be thinking that killers have Noed. Which don't get me wrong, I dislike Noed, its the only crutch killers really have but guess what? It can be countered by cleansing it.
    Dribbling: Survivors can body block, which just wastes even MORE time for the killer.
    Enduring: If there's a pallet/window near by, the chase goes on, wasting time for the killer.
    You're probably gonna disagree with this, how ever Decisive Strike was a crutch, the literal quote on the perk is : "There's nothing to be scared of"

So it's all about tunneling right? What about 70% of the other games when survivors aren't tunneled? It's gonna be waste of slot. Much better borrowed time, I won't use it and I won't be the only one.

• Shroompy

@Daveer said:

@Shroompy said:

So it's all about tunneling right? What about 70% of the other games when survivors aren't tunneled? It's gonna be waste of slot. Much better borrowed time, I won't use it and I won't be the only one.

When you were being dribbled by the killer and no 1 came to bodyblock, it was a waste of a perk slot
    When you missed the skillcheck, it was a waste of a perk slot
    When the killer never actually downed you, it was a waste of a perk slot

And good that you won't use it, I can already tell you we're being carried by it xd

• Shroompy

Also its not like killers bring mori's every game. Sorry bud, but for the people complaining about this change, you're on the losing side.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

@Daveer said:
    DS was a good perk, it required skills (Skill check), it was counterable with enduring, Unnerving presence or by dribbling the survivor. And was pretty useless if you weren't the obsession because it was hard to reach the 35% before being hooked.

Now it's garbage. That's why:
    If you're good at looping and you survive more than 60 seconds after being unhooked, you can't use it.
    And it is still counterable like it's been so far.

So, I'm still waiting for Skill-Check Perks for killers, since the only things they need to do is to left-click.

If you're so good at looping, then you shouldn't need DS.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

@ArthurFiNCHr said:
    New DS will be such a waste of perk slot, they should make Breakdown and new DS as one perk, maybe that way it wouldn't be a waste of perk slot.

It's going to counter tunneling, and if they decide to slug, you could run Unbreakable or even the dreaded No Mither to counter that. It's going to change things up, and I'm happy about that.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    @Daveer
    If the chase has gone on for more than 60s, your doing something wrong. That is so many chances to escape that the danger of losing your safety net is your own fault.
  • Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

this must be a bait. if not, u are a really sad person.

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2019

DC can be countered by just chasing down the target again. . . Come on people it's not hard, and you even get chase points for it!

Currently DC is a waste of a perk slot because it's a one off single use through away perk.

Once this killer hand-holding nerf goes live it will only turn Survivors onto better perks they should be taking over DC anyway so it'll just focus the Killer /crybaby brigade onto those and inevitably get them nerfed too.

It's all a part of the greater plan of turning dbd into an empty lobby simulator with a screen with big text saying "You Win! - and in small print: "because your a special snowflake"

On the subject of actual toxic stuff that's eating away at the game from within, when's BBQ Cheese getting nerfed again? oh wait it isn't because the special snowflake killer /crybaby brigade would burn down the forum with their tears of napalm I forgot about that one.

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

@ArthurFiNCHr said:

What else would you like to be to maybe to add unbreakable in kit?

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@Broosmeister said:
    If i ignore the top text, you're actually right.
    Decisive will die out this way

and thats a good thing!

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@e8Lattice said:
    DC can be countered by just chasing down the target again. . . Come on people it's not hard, and you even get chase points for it!

Currently DC is a waste of a perk slot because it's a one off single use through away perk.

Once this killer hand-holding nerf goes live it will only turn Survivors onto better perks they should be taking over DC anyway so it'll just focus the Killer /crybaby brigade onto those and inevitably get them nerfed too.

It's all a part of the greater plan of turning dbd into an empty lobby simulator with a screen with big text saying "You Win! - and in small print: "because your a special snowflake"

On the subject of actual toxic stuff that's eating away at the game from within, when's BBQ Cheese getting nerfed again? oh wait it isn't because the special snowflake killer /crybaby brigade would burn down the forum with their tears of napalm I forgot about that one.

get some sense, the only person crying like a baby here is you

• e8Lattice

@yeet said:

@e8Lattice said:

Hey if your fine with your game dying because of massive power imbalance that's fine by me.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    e8Lattice said:

@yeet said:

@e8Lattice said:

Hey if your fine with your game dying because of massive power imbalance that's fine by me.

You are a crybaby yourself, you complain about a crutch perk which only real counter was a borderline exploit and call BBQ out for being OP despite having a ton of counterplay and have the nerve of calling everyone else babies not caring about balance.

Get some sense you hypocritical clown.
    Please do not feed the troll.
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited February 2019

@Daveer said:
    DS was a good perk, it required skills (Skill check),

@ShyN3ko said:

@Daveer said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smc8vQk8dDE

• So why don't devs put a skillcheck for the mori? It's easy to hit skillchecks right? Put a skillcheck on every mori like "brand new piece"

skillchecks are a gameplay feature for survivors, not killers.

if you loop a killer for 60 seconds, injured, after getting unhooked you don't need decisive, it would only reset a chase that already took to much time of the killer.

@e8Lattice said:

i'm sorry but this quote shows that you don't really know how the game works...

you can hide in lockers, hide behind generators and be in the 40m range, changing direction after the 4 seconds, none of which needs a perk and you still have distortion.

I think the perk is fine for now, fun to use because you have to meet the conditions and because of the obsession switch mechanic, but we'll see once it comes on live.

before you say anything i'm a survivor main

• e8Lattice
    edited February 2019

@ThGameIsHardButSoAmI said:

So why don't devs put a skillcheck for the mori? It's easy to hit skillchecks right? Put a skillcheck on every mori like "brand new piece"

if you loop a killer for 60 seconds, injured, after getting unhooked you don't need decisive, it would only reset a chase that already took to much time of the killer.

@e8Lattice said:

. . . No I'm pretty sure if a Survivor escapes via DC it means I just need to chase them down again which is super easy for anyone who has eyes, ears and basic motor function (which I think is most of us)

• TAG
    e8Lattice said:

@e8Lattice said:

. . . No I'm pretty sure if a Survivor escapes via DC it means I just need to chase them down again which is super easy for anyone who has eyes, ears and basic motor function (which I think is most of us)

That doesn't make chasing a counter.
  • e8Lattice
    edited February 2019

@TAG said:
    e8Lattice said:

@e8Lattice said:

It kind of does because chasing and catching the Survivor after DS lands means they've wasted their one and only single use escape perk. (which is a waste of a perk slot anyway, any Survivor worth their salt has an entire list of better perks in place of DS)

^Reclaiming the word -salt- from all the meme douchelords XD

But none of that matters, it's already done. Killer hand-holding mode has engaged and nerf has happened.

Next on the /crybaby brigades list will be Deliverance.

I mean we cant have a game that's fairly and consistently balanced to be fun for all oh no no NO not at all.

• TAG
    e8Lattice said:

@TAG said:
    e8Lattice said:

@e8Lattice said:

It kind of does because chasing and catching the Survivor after DS lands means they've wasted their one and only single use escape perk. (which is a waste of a perk slot anyway, any Survivor worth their salt has an entire list of better perks in place of DS)

That's not what a counter is.  By that logic, the counter to BBQ is not getting found by the Killer.
  • Glebu
    Glebu Member Posts: 56
    DS deserved the nerf but i dont really like these changes because we will have the same problem we had with borrowed time.
    Save the decisive for end game and win
  • @Daveer said:

it was counterable with enduring, Unnerving presence or by dribbling the survivor.

Now it's garbage.

If you get mori'd you cant use any of your perks any more, not even self care, iron will or sprint burst. This already happens with adrenaline. So whats the issue?

If you are good at looping you wont get hit GG. if there are no pallets you will get hit and you get a save.
    Stop complaining and look into why they did it.

• kill_bill
    kill_bill Member Posts: 60
    edited February 2019

i like the idea of the new anti-tunnel perk. but even it isnt worth to pick anymore there are, i dont know, 50-70 other perks to chose from. if u need this (op) perk to rank up/maintain your rank, it shows that the perk is op and you re on a rank you dont deserve.
    its allready way to easy to rank up as survivor. i get to rank 1 every season i play a bit more and i see myself as a mediocre survivor player and not one of the best 5%. and i never used ds. in my opinion the ds "nerf" is a step in the right direction but theres still way more to balance.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

Not like the new DS is a rework, not a nerf, and will still be almost as OP as before

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

This is some low tier bait.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@SadonicShadow said:
    This is some low tier bait.

After posts like this you learn how to appreciate high quality bait :smile:

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Because you have killer gameplay and then you have survivor gameplay.... they want it different...... like completely different so that it gives reason to play both sides... plus when playing killer you have enough to and pay attention to.. . It would be stupid adding in skillchecks to the killer gameplay .....like what?

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

Sorry you lost your free escape on first down..

• BringBackOldBT
    BringBackOldBT Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2019

Was also counterable with clown hag trapper nurse spirit, but definitly not counterable guys. People just parrot whatever their streamers say, you can watch truetalent get 4Ks consistently and still moan about DS and all his little rank 12 viewers are convinced already. You can see it when a killer spams ultra-rare addons and still thinks he's more respectable than someone using DS, the victim-mentality is real.

The worst part is they punish survivors in an effort to stop the braindead game-killing "strategies" that killers use rather than punishing killers for basically not even playing a game/needing skill. Survivors loop stuff? Here have a passive that makes you faster, in fact be faster in general and then get your passive. Killers camp and tunnel? Here use 2 ######### wastes of perks that are easily countered, oh and that top-tier perk you had? Yeah that's gotta go.. BHVR balancing right there.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,202

Yeah, Most people agree that DS change was solely changed because of Tr3Talent. He's not done weakening survivors either, He still complains about Farm maps railing for how you can see through them and Balance Landing loops. He's also good at complaining about NOED and Legion, Mori's, Essentially anything that makes him lose games, is problem, but anything that he uses that is overpowered I.E Nurse with 95%+ Winrate is fine.