What The Hell Is The DC 'Etiquette' Now As Killer?

Options
StarLost
StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Because, yeah - this one is grinding my grapes at present.

Queue up on Doctor (hate the daily, not the killer) and get a quick down. Don't hang around hook, run into a Nea and she makes a mistake, wastes her BL running into a wall and DCs. I say 'fine', as I brought a flan and let everyone farm for a bit before the Nea walked up to me, got hooked and Dwight got hatch.

Postgame, Nea complains at me for 'not ending' and threatens to report.

A few games later, I play Cenobite - box goes off and someone immediately DCs. I just decide 'okay sod it' and wipe everyone out ASAP to get to a proper game.

Of course postgame: "OMG killers sweaty in events'.

Ahahaha, you just can't win.

Comments

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    Options

Just ignore them. I don't care what anyone says in chat. Just play the game.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

I just farm.

If they want out, they'll ask and i'll let them out. Almost every time they're thankful I didn't just wipe them out.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

No mercy. Kill all of them, bottle the salty tears. ❤️

• Grumblephant
    Grumblephant Member Posts: 73
    Options

Usually I'll keep playing like I have been but a bit more forgiving, like if you just got off the hook and I tried chasing the unhooker and I find you again, I'll turn a blind eye. But then back to normal gameplay and last player gets hatch. Unless you were a jerk, example: Teabagging rapidly after getting a pallet stun. It's like, bro, you're already at a disadvantage, just please hit me and run.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,507
    Options

Don’t force them to farm. But don’t camp/tunnel either.

personally if all are on death hook it depends how many gens are done. Only 1-2 to go? They can all go. If more then I will probably kill the next one I see/play normally just so it doesn’t get dragged out too long. Haven’t had complaints for that. Though I rarely get complaints as killer (I do normally not dominate in game either so I get why)

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    edited December 2022
    Options

If someone DC’s I usually try to kill two out of the three as quickly as possible and give hatch to the last survivor. When I’ve tried to be nice and let all survivors go in the past, the matches usually took way too long as survivors would take their sweet time repairing gens - so I’m not doing that anymore.

I realize that killers are entitled to play however they want, but I think it’s kind of a d*ck move when they go super tryhard after a DC and don’t at least let the last survivor get hatch.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

Best course of action:

Try to see how the other survivors react: If one's nearby, look at them. if they nod or single tbag in agreement, farm or at least take it easy.

If they get sweaty and nasty, it's stabby time.

• StarLost
    Options

Eh, I end up feeling guilty. It's hard for me not to go 'well, that must have been awful from the other side'.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

In all seriousness I will let the best looper go, when there’s a DC.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,350
    Options

I someone DCs early I'll usually get the other survivors dead on hook and then start chilling and farming a bit. If someone just wants to go next they can point to a hook and I'll kill em.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

You can't "force" someone to farm.

If, as a survivor, you don't want to farm, you can just do the gens and leave.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,081
    Options

There is no correct answer because different players want different responses. Some might want you to farm. Some might want you to just play normal. Some might want you to end the game ASAP. And just to mess with you, all three types will be in your same game so no matter which way you went, someone is gonna be pissy at you.

• Unimatrix00
    Unimatrix00 Member Posts: 455
    Options

I had this interesting DC match. It's just uploading to YouTube, but once up have a look...

• TDtheDoc
    TDtheDoc Member Posts: 225
    Options

Be a Killer,kill the survivors!The heck with their rule book.Don’t let survivors dictate how you play.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

Turn off chat or just ignore it when there's a DC. Play how you want.

When I'm survivor I personally like the killer to chill out a bit - not farm but like let me atleast get some BP or maybe do enough to safety pip. I understand if they are just killing everyone quickly so they can go to next match to hopefully have a real match. I get annoyed when the killer decides to waste the remaining survivors time by slugging them until they bleedout.

• StarLost
    Options

Yeah, I do try and go out of my way to let people safety because *holy crap* is it way too easy to depip on survivor for what often feels like stuff out of your control. Honestly, depipping needs to go away.

I'll also often let folks finish a gen or get some extra healing for this purpose, especially if I've brought a flan or streamers.

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 344
    Options

I don't know. I just play normally. The faster we end, the faster we can move on to another match. Farming as a killer is boring as hell to me.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it when I get to farm as a survivor because getting points as survivor is absolute hell, but as a killer I would rather, like... do things. Points kinda come passively anyway.

I really can't blame killers that go all in after a disconnect.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

This is probably the best way to handle it if you really care for the other people's experience. As mentioned above, the survivor can easily tell you they want out. Let the others do their challenges and boot the ones who want to go next.

This is what I've been doing since there's an event active. Normally I wipe everyone out so I can go next asap.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

For me, it's more about actually acknowledging the immense ridiculous advantage I now have and making it very explicitly known I don't want to abuse it more than anything.

Yes, there probably isn't anything malicious about killing them as quick as possible, and it can just be about getting it over with as soon as possible for everyone, but as a survivor in that situation, it's hard to distinguish motivation and it can very easily be taken as taking advantage of their situation to stomp them into the dirt just for kicks.

I hate when that happens, and I try to avoid it wherever possible.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

Agreed on depipping needs to go away. Negative pips should've been removed the moment they switched to grades and they had nothing to do with matchmaking.

If you brought flan/streamers it's the smart way to play so you get BP too. I always find it odd when killers bring BP offering only to quickly kill everyone and get like minimum killer BP. Seems like such a waste.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

Always blame the first DC or selfkill on hook. Everthing else is just a ripple effect.

• Mooks
    Options

You can. It’s even stated as a reportable/bannable offense in the game rules.

you can farm with some survivors and prevent the one from progressing the game without killing them thus forcing that one to farm with you.

• WesCravenFan
    Options

How do you do this without bodyblocking them into the corner?

• Mooks
    Options

Some people are actually taking this stuff serious?

it’s a game. You are only playing as the killer in a game. Against other human people playing the survivor side.

you can of course play how you want as long as it’s within the rules. But don’t try to dictate how others should play if you are so against it on your own.

Stay with them, as soon as they try to do a gen, chase them/grab them away. Let them struggle free (while kicking the gen) - can’t do that effectively with multiple survivors but to some degree it’s still possible to prolong a game like that.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

There is no etiquette with a DC at 5 gens as far as I am concerned. Either kill everyone off quickly or farm to salvage some points, it is up to you and you don't owe everyone else anything.

I personally will usually want to just move on and if you are the killer I will make that very clear. But if the killer wants to salvage some points with some hook trades and a few chases etc I will generally go along with it.

• WesCravenFan
    Options

That is a nuisance, not holding the game hostage. Even if he leaves you on the ground, you'll bleed out.

• Mooks
    Options

Never said it was holding the game hostage.

it’s forcing to farm, which is definitely a grey area and will be determined case by case. It’s not even directly stated in the game rules but probably would fall under griefing or something

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,282
    Options

While I sometimes feel bad, honestly sometimes I feel like if I were to show mercy every time I get a disconnect, I'd always be showing mercy... and the thing is, I'm not even that good at this game. Seriously. I am a big hater of when people say that getting to Iridescent I is just about how much you play, because... yea no its not, for me it's literally "a skill issue bro, you're bad. git gud" and I'm mostly accepting of that, but when I hear people that are actually skilled claim it's not about skill, yeah. It is.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,100
    Options

My go to was always farming as many BP as possible.

My problem with that always was, when am I "allowed" to kill survivors if they drag the farm out too long?

I have all categories already maxed and want to end the trial but the survivor have stopped working on gens and don't get my hint when hitting on gens.

And when i try to kill them they take it as farming and keep unhooking and then are surprised or shocked when i hook someone for the third time. Sometimes they even start to scramble and make the whole thing a hassle again.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I could be mistaken, but I do believe that punishing someone for not farming is punishable.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

There's no universal etiquette because only a small minority of survivors and killers read and post in this forum, therefore you'll never be able to please anyone.

• TDtheDoc
    TDtheDoc Member Posts: 225
    Options

See you’re exactly trying to tell him how to play!Whats the difference between you telling them to let ‘em go and me telling them to kill ‘em all?Hypocrisy.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

There is none. Do whatever you want.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 767
    Options

The Devs have said that forcing to farm can be reportable under certain circumstances so it doesn't matter if it is holding the game hostage or not, it's not okay.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,288
    Options

Different people might prefer different things, there's no universally agreed upon thing. Some want to go next to an actual game asap, others want to salvage some points/challenges if possible.

Personally I'll just play normally (which by my standards also includes "nice", I just want to chase people 99% of the time honestly) but I 100% understand if someone just decides to peace out on hook if someone else already DCd early or anything like that. I do whatever their actions imply they want, if they just point at a hook I'll put them on it and that counts when they're death hook too, even if they got there through the classic "everyone takes turns getting hooked/unhooked" farming - I assume they want to be sacrificed then.

If they seem like they just want to get chased like normal I'll just do that, and I'll completely understand if after one "final chase" they let go on hook. If not, I'll just keep playing normally.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949
    Options

Just play the game the way you want. You are the killer. You get to choose who lives and who dies so yeah

• LiveBritishReaction
    Options

My general play is, if someone DCs, go hard in the paint until there are only 2 survivors left. If they've done at least 2 gens, mess around and farm; if not, murder their ass.