Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

There hasn't been anything for survivors to be excited about in over a year now...

The last time survivors were excited about an upcoming patch was in October of 2021 with the hour of the witch patch. It gave us a neat new character with perks that were completely different than anything ever released before.

Although the boon totems were initially released pretty overpowered, it was still a really neat new mechanic that survivors could use.

One year later and we are still sitting here with nothing to be excited about. Every perk and character that has been released since then has been nothing to get excited about. I lose interest in the perks the second they are announced because they have been that bad lately.

Are we ever going to get anything to be excited about again? Seems like from a survivor's point of view every patch has been completely focused on killer improvements and exciting new festures/perks killers can use. Meanwhile, survivors have received nothing but nerfs and promised solo queue improvements that will probably never see the light of day.

I was semi-excited for the meta perk patch because it seemed like they were going to rework a lot of the perks to be useful and shake up the way we play. After the patch was released we just realized that everything meta was nerfed without anything changed to be worthwhile replacements for them.

Meanwhile, the killer meta perks were slightly nerfed but replaced with even better ones. The meta did change for them because the existing perks became useless, it changed because they were given even stronger perk combos that were way better than the undying/ruin combo before. I mean right now a killer can equip perks that allow them to never have to even kick a gen...

I'm just holding out to just something for survivors to be excited about, but it seems like BHVR is entirely focused on only catering to one side of the game right now.

Comments

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,565

Fogwise, Hyperfocus. basekit BT, giant meta overhaul, new killers to fight…

Dunno man, if the only thing you can get excited for is a busted perk, then you need to lower your standards.

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 418

"Upcoming basket unbreakable" has been upcoming for a VERY long time now considering it got cancelled despite it reducing toxic and boring gameplay. They don't think twice about overpowering killers base kit however...

Completely agree though, the game is far too killer sided now survivors havent really got anything to be excited about.

• mischiefmanaged
    mischiefmanaged Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 374

Gonna have to disagree. Survivor meta is at its best place in years. Lots of different perks and viable builds and most of survivor gameplay comes from interacting with the killer anyway so new killers are also new gameplay for survivor.

Killer meta could use a little tune up, but I'm having fun with most matches.

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 418

Killer meta definitely needs a mix up, I'm so sick of seeing pain res and eruption every round. When devs said they wanted to mix up the meta they basically just meant "lets get rid of survivor meta by removing all their good perks and still give killers good perks to make a meta with"

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I kinda agree.

not that survivor need something strong/overpowered. Boons we’re just something new and only CoH was/is kinda OP/problematic.

Surv side needs some new/fresh stuff. Characters are only skins and perks can just do so much. That’s why I have been asking for new items (which are supposedly the killer-power equivalent for survivors) and/or some change in the objectives.