Wait, people really feel 'forced' to run Shattered Hope?

Options

(Cause I keep seeing that meme and people wholeheartedly agreeing. Plus threads bemoaning boons in general)

People, please. Just... play survivor for a match or two and bring a boon, especially a healing one. You'll find that shattered hope is not necessary, even against swfs on coms because when it comes to using boons the majority of players are Patrick trying to open a jar of pickles...

Comments

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

Garbage perk. I would never waste one of my slots on that unless I was running a meme build.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,385
    Options

Forced to, no. But boy does it destroy the hard-counter to hit-‘n-run killers well.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

Naw, boons are fine as they are. Cause lbr: the only time they are a 'problem' is if you don't commit to chases or slug.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

I sometimes forget I brought boons and if I am not seeing any totems in sight I forget to go out of my way to boon (unless I'm playing Mikaela for obvious reasons)

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

Totems should all be removed its very broken. the fact it can relit nonstop it just dumb

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

As someone who plays both sides - it depends on the map.

Some spots, such as the top of the tower on IWOM or between the lockers upstairs on Midwich are an incredible time commitment to snuff, even if you know where it is, and covers 2/3 of the map.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,252
    Options

That's just not true.

CoH literally carries games. Shattered Hope is a garbage perk. Wasting a perk slot on something that should've been base kit.

• Blueberry
    Options

CoH is a problem that currently has no solution.

Shattered Hope is the only "supposed" bandaid fix for its bad design and even that doesn't fix how broken it is on top of wasting a perk slot and risking CoH not even being ran.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,678
    Options

When I play survivor or killer, people always heal in the boons. I don't even bring CoH but there's usually at least one person who does. Even if I'm the only person using it it's still getting a ton of value as I'm basically never injured for that long, and I didn't even have to bring the perk or a medkit.

Play a game as killer on Eyrie or Ironworks (other than Nurse because it's Nurse) and you'll understand why people don't like playing against CoH.

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 386
    edited December 2022
    Options

Also should add "trying to play a stealth killer? Hope you like corn."

• Want to play Trickster, Huntress or Deathslinger? Auto wreckers for you.
  • HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

CoH is not a big deal on some killers, and is devastating on others.

Just like some maps, regardless of their being biased.

When I play Legion or Ghostface, CoH is a massive waste of time for the survivors.

When I play Hag, it's the best investment they can make.

I think the perk is mostly fine as is, but maybe should take more time to be set again, like someone suggested earlier.

• Michi
    Michi Member Posts: 119
    Options

At the end the only thing we need is coh working like the other boons. Killer must be close and survs too for it to have a great effect.

I think coh would be fine if it would heal all survs inside it's radius by one health state whenever it gets snuffed. Kind of a reverse haunted ground.

Now you can even increase the effective range of boons to make them worth running and rework shattered hope into smth useful.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,203
    Options

Shattered Hope is garbage? Guess we can have it at basekit then...

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,927
    Options

isn't this contradictory statement? One perk carries games, the other one is garbage perk? How does that work? Your saying a perk that counters another perk which is auto-winning games is doing nothing.

This is like saying: Old hex:Ruin literally carries games, Detective hutch is a garbage perk. Wasting a perk slot on something that should've been base kit for totems.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

I personally do not consider Boon totems oppressive enough for me to lose 25% of my perk loadout over.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,331
    Options

CoH would be fine, if it wasn't for medkits and second floor totems. The number of games I've lost as a killer just because everyone would heal super fast and I couldn't get rid of the totem is insane.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

I have never run it even once and I think there's only one build I ever would and it would be some Shattered Hope/Pentimento/Plaything/??? abomination the would work on maybe Pig and nobody else. So yeah never touching that perk it's C tier at best and I feel that's being generous to it.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

Even I play mostly Survivors, I think Killers should have the choice between snuff or destroy Boon.

• Snuffing would revealing Killer has Plaything / Noed
    • Destroying would revealing Killer has Pentimento

Survivors can play around it.

Though I also think Survivors should able to pick between de-Hex or Bless Hex. If a survivor dont have Boon, they can either destroy or de-Hex

• So no Boon survivor can de-Hex and leave the totem for teammate to Boon
    • Or simply destroy incase of Noed
  • Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,789
    Options

I play mostly survivor, but will play demo every now and then and I'll never use it. I'm convinced most survivors are probably just like me and don't even notice there's a boon on the map until we happened to run through it. The boon sound has just become background noise at this stage.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,930
    Options

Shattered Hope is like Shadowborn. It's something that should be basekit, or at least an option, that doesn't quite deserve to take up a perk slot.

It's in that weird place where I feel I should run it all the time, but I can't justify it.

• Blueberry
    Options

No you’re misunderstanding. I’m saying that shattered hope is a garbage because it doesn’t counter CoH and that it’s bad design because we’re expected to run it since the devs “think” it counters CoH.

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464
    Options

It should be basekit

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,927
    edited December 2022
    Options

about 8/10 matches are with coh for me, roughly. I do use the perk. its pretty consistent perk in my opinion and somewhat underrated. the bigger problem i have is med-kits because there is almost no counter-play to them. in my estimate, i see 2-3, sometimes 4 med-kits in like 4/10 of my games as killer and these med-kit are not some weak med-kits, they're like green gel dressing med-kits with 2 really fast heals. Sometimes you see instant heal add-on as well. I have tried equipping franklins but every time I hit one survivor, everyone just drop their med-kit so it barely does anything. its kinda why I do not use it. I kinda wish overwhelming presence was not terror radius perk and equipping the perk was -100% item efficiency in trial.

With boons, you can get rid of them, over time. its just slow. med-kit on other hand... yeah....

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427
    edited December 2022
    Options

There are some matches where i wish i had it. Like on gideons and midwich where it's piss easy to find a totem for them but impossible to get to it for you. And when you finally DO snuff it they just light another one 10s later lul

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options

Yea. I run Distortion and almost never get any value because it's always either a stealth killer or they just aren't bringing aura perks. But the second I take Distortion off, oh look BBQ and Lethal Pursuer.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    Options

(Cause I keep seeing that meme and people wholeheartedly agreeing

You do not.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,869
    Options

The only reason to run it is if you really want Pentimento value.

• Blueberry
    edited December 2022
    Options

I completely agree with you about medkits. In regards to shattered hope it does remove the boons but then you’re giving up an entire perk slot (25% of yours) to negate 6.25% of their perk slots which is already a terrible deal but it gets worse because in order to use it you have to keep going out of your way to stomp them out which is a ton of time and not insignificant whatsoever. Its way more costly in terms of time for you to stomp them than it is for them to place them. No one minded old self care because of how slow it was and how it made every single survivor have to run it, the problem is CoH only takes 1 survivor to run it, not all 4 which is giving them a lot more perk slots. The negative of having to place it on a totem is “supposed” to be the downside but in reality it’s not at all because you hope the killer keeps wasting time snuffing it because that’s a net positive on time for your team. Shattered hopes sheer existence is used an an excuse for leaving CoH in the unhealthy state it is. It should either be only slower self heals or only faster group heals, not both. The perk is currently game swinging with zero downsides and very low cost. It also overshadows any other healing perk from being ran as it simply blows them all out.