The next chapter is Alien

Options

Through absolutely flawless deduction I have concluded the next chapter is most likely Alien. How did I get there? Easy, first consider that 3 months from the knight's release would be February 22nd but chapters never release in February they release in March making the release date likely to be the first Tuesday in March meaning March 7th. PTBs are 3 weeks meaning the PTB is likely February 14th which is Valentine's Day and we will come back to that in a second.

If you watched the interview Mathieu Cote did with King and Paulie Esther you heard him say to expect more licensed content before 7th anniversary but not until 2023 strongly hinting the next chapter is licensed. So what licensed killer makes sense to have their PTB released on Valentine's Day? Alien, because they like to give face hugs.

BOOM! Cracked the code you're welcome.

Comments

• Xyphus
    Xyphus Member Posts: 84
    Options

Please no.. I LOVE Alien.. But it would break my heart to see a brutforce like an Alien getting destroyed by a simple Survivor xD

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,925
    Options

Pretty sure it's Candyman dude.

• Xyphus
    Xyphus Member Posts: 84
    Options

I mean.. Ya.. In theory it could end up cool cause there are so many abilities that could be used but.. Can't explain - just a personal thing I guess - afraid it would get butchered ^^

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,936
    Options

Ngl, as ludicrous as this sounds, it also sounds 100% awesome! I wanna try this!

• Seraphor
    edited December 2022
    Options

I know, it'll never make it into the game, but the idea's got me going now.

So lets say you've scurried around and found your victim, you can choose right now who you want to eliminate first so you could choose strategically and try to eliminate whoever you think has a Boon or something. You latch on, this inflicts that survivor with Incapacitated and the survivor has to struggle for 20s to get you off. At the same time, you as the killer gets a wiggle-like skill check system, and if you build up your meter before the survivor can pull you off (it would be a very close tug of war, like you realistically won't lose it unless you miss 2+ skill checks) then you impregnate that survivor. If not, you get to try again.

Now you're following this survivor around (kinda disembodied I guess, but maybe with a gestating embryo graphic on screen). You continue to have wiggle-like skill checks, in order to build up your gestation meter. The higher you get it, the more of a headstart you have once you burst out. Meanwhile the survivor has a 60s countdown, which depletes twice as fast if they do objectives, but they benefit from a +25% bonus to action speeds including repairs, or twice as slow if they stay perfectly still. (values may vary ofc)

Once that timer is completed, queue signature chestburster mori. Now you're in chestburster stage and you're vulnerable, but so are survivors. They can stomp on you, and you respawn as a chestburster, but doing so will injure and put them in deepwound. It also means you get another guaranteed one-shot kill 50-80s later. So it's a big risk-reward.

If they don't stomp you out, then you scurry away until you're further than 40m from a survivor, and you get the option to gestate, holding down the action button while you stand still and pulsate and grow and stuff. If survivors come near you in this time, the progress slows to 50%, but you can pause it and move away. This process takes you through two phases, each of which take about 30s of static gestating to reach. (but you've already built up a bit of this while inside the host)

Phase 1: Immature stage, you can attack survivors as a basic M1 killer, but not pick them up. Carry on gestating to unlock...

Phase 2: Adult, fully formed, perfect organism. Your basic attacks inflict deep wound and mangled on healthy survivors, your lunges are +50% longer, and you have a Shred-like M2 power that puts survivors straight into the dying state unless they have Endurance.

So all in all, it's about a 2.5-3 minute tier up loop, in which one survivor is one-shot eliminated, before you become fully deadly. Very much like infinite Tier III Myers with a tombstone piece.

Survivors get time to do probably 2-3 gens free of charge, but then those last 2-3 gens are much harder.

• VideoGameMage
    VideoGameMage Member Posts: 358
    Options

I would believe alien was coming to the game if Disney weren't the company that owns the rights.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

Interesting idea but what would be the counterplay for survivors? There would have to be a way for survivors to draw out the gestation cycle to buy time because if there are 2 gens left with only 3 survivors left against then the Xenomorph is winning every game.

• Seraphor
    edited December 2022
    Options
    1. Run the facehugger and avoid impregnation.
    2. Harass the gestating chest buster while it's trying to grow? (like in the movie, gotta catch it before it becomes dangerous)
    3. Final form is still loopable, you just get fewer second chances.
  • ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

I think the facehugger actually killing the first survivor is a huge problem actually. It would give the Xenomorph such a gross advantage from the get go, especially if you give them 1 shot downs later on.

I get it, it would be certainly fit Alien lore, but gameplay-wise for DbD it would be really horrible. DCs would be such an absolutely massive problem for the Xenomorph. "The facehugger is chasing me/has latched on to me. Might as well DC and move on since I'm dead anyway."

I think the Entity would have to interfere or something and have the facehugger not kill that survivor somehow. No killer deserves 1 nearly free kill every game, I don't care how cool they are.

• Seraphor
    edited December 2022
    Options

You're probably right, players are the worst part of the game after all.

Maybe the chestbursting should count as a hook then, kinda like a unique hook like Cages of Atonement. Then an Iridescent add-on could have it change into a mori. This would be no different to tombstone Myers. You expect that the first attack will down you, but there's that tiny chance that it could be instant death.

Hell survivors already survive a hook through the chest, they can probably survive a chestburster.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

This is a good point and Disney is definitely a hard company to work with but that being said Alien did make it into Fortnite so it seems like there is a path for Alien to make it into DBD as well.

• DashMonsta008XV
    DashMonsta008XV Member Posts: 611
    Options

I doubt that , they've had so many perfect opportunities to release Candyman and it's not even funny anymore.Theres people in the community who don't like Candyman? So with that I doubt we'll ever play as the legendary artist

No writing on the wall ,I guess it's against school policy

• DashMonsta008XV
    Options

Why did they remove the Mori icon if it doesn't count as hook ?

I'm asking because,I'm curious.

• DashMonsta008XV
    Options

Well a while back Pyramid Head cages weren't considered a hook , when survivors perished to the cages, upon death the mori, icon would appear instead of the hook death icon, just wondering why was it changed but it seems you don't know what, I'm referring to 🙁

• DashMonsta008XV
    Options

*consider not a hook state*

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

Candyman comes next as my proof comes from how you give your loved ones candy on valentines day

I can’t do that but its a thing people do from what i’ve heard

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

If you watched the interview Mathieu Cote did with King and Paulie Esther you heard him say to expect more licensed content before 7th anniversary but not until 2023 strongly hinting the next chapter is licensed.

i have not seen it and I haven’t seen a summary of this so I didn’t know! @GoodBoyKaru how could you do this to me?

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

I love that logic. You know what, if the next chapter is Alien, with a PTB coming out on Valentine's Day specifically because they give face hugs, I'll gift you the DLC. Just for the laugh ! X)

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    Options

I find one of the three people in that video absolutely intolerable and refuse to give any form of support to them so quite happily skipped that interview