Punishments for dc

Options
barsw
barsw Member Posts: 64
edited December 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

So people still leave a lot from matches and bans that you have dont work enough .I think it would be nice to add some kind of system that makes them behave properly .Okay you leave match you get 1-10 mins as always but + to that you must play 5 next matches or you wont recieve bloodpoints and no progression to devotion which means also no iridescent shards .May be this will teach people who cant control their emotions after all .

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

They can just suicide on hook.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

Once again, you can take a cough drop when you have pneumonia. But it's better to treat the cause and not the symptom. Make the game fun and people will be less inclined to DC.

• Ciabe
    Ciabe Member Posts: 119
    Options

A game can be super fun and people will still instantly bail the instant they start to lose (or even bail while winning, 3 gens down and they dc on first hook). You need incentives/disincentives to keep people invested. When we sit down to play any game be it board or video game, we have a mutual understanding that we will see it through, or at least pass the first bad dice roll. If you make a game so "fun" that no one ever loses for a moment, it will be boring.

• SluggedSurvivor
    SluggedSurvivor Member Posts: 51
    Options

Think about where most dc’s probobably occur: solo que.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

The problem is a balancing act between punishing people enough to deter them and harming the queues.

The fact is, most people who DC still play the vast majority of their matches (otherwise they would be timed out forever) so banning them for too long just takes them out of the pool of players for matchmaking.

If you are too harsh and time people out too long, they will just go and play another game and if the penalties are too much they will probably end up not returning.

Besides that, they can just yeet out of the match on first hook instead so this wont achieve much anyway.

I think BHVR could perhaps run a survey to find out WHY people are leaving matches and try to identify common frustrations.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,269
    edited December 2022
    Options

While I am more of a Pig main now, I am also a Legion (Susie) main and I can't tell you the number of times I've had people DC as soon as they hear the Legion music. Like, you can say "make the game more fun" all you want but when someone doesn't like a killer, nothing is going to change their mind short of removal of any killer they don't like. Also, I've had many a player DC with an active trap on their head. Like, they realize they aren't getting it off in time, so they DC.

Heck, I'm sure Nurse mains get more DCs than even Legion... A personal example, I am not a Nurse player I suck with her but once I lost a match because the survivors heard that screech... LEAVE MATCH. LEAVE MATCH. LEAVE MATCH. Then the last survivor found hatch. I was both angry and laughing to avoid crying.

• Stabby_Widdershins
    Stabby_Widdershins Member Posts: 485
    Options

They should just change the hook mechanics to prevent hook-ragequits.

Instead of each escape attempt reducing your time on the hook (and being able to manually fail so you die faster); attempting to get free should increase the time it takes to be unhooked.

And failing Stage 2 should do the same thing.

This way, ragequitters either have to stay in the match, stop trying to win (which is reportable), or DC (which is reportable).

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 271
    Options

I'd like to see them giving the rest of the players some nice compensation when someone leaves like even more BP/shards, immunity to Depip, and losing items/offerings/add-ons (for both sides).

You could give survivors extra haste for doing objectives when the DC happens at 5 or 4 gens until there are 3.

Or fill it with a bot, even tho they aren't better than most players, they do objectives and don't kill themselves.

Making the game more fun is obvious but as some already said, some ppl just DC after the smallest inconvenience. So I think we should take care of those who actually play the game.

Or in the worst case, make it so that every time someone DCs early, the rest can leave the match without penalties.

About ppl suiciding on hook (who aren't better than DCers)...maybe u could apply some of those as long as it happens early in the game.

• barsw
    barsw Member Posts: 64
    Options

Nope just return system as it was before dc at 5 4 gens so -1 gen or you dont loose your rank .

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

Unrelated, but did they lower the DC timer for everyone? I think last time I left a game it was at 40s for me.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,001
    Options

Sadly, people would DC more under that system because they could rationalise it as actually helping the other survivors. "I nobly DC'd so that they might win!"

• Stabby_Widdershins
    Options

Just take all the BP the DCer earned that match and divide it amongst the remaining Survivors and Killer.

Anyone who willingly ragequits is probably entitled, as they believe they 'deserve to DC' if they're 'not having fun' (While ignoring that this logic means no one would complete a match if they begin to lose). So they will probably do it less if they know it's feeding the Killer their BP as well as their teammates.

• C3Tooth
    Options

What do you mean “stop trying to win which is reportable?”

I understand the Dc when first down, even those who first down when 2 Gens left. Its really questionable.

I dont blame people DC when a teammate is tunneled out with 4-5 Gens left. There is no win there. One DC so the last one can actually “try to win” by getting hatch.

• DarkBarbarian
    DarkBarbarian Member Posts: 89
    Options

Love when people say "treat the cause".

Yeah, because you totally can treat the cause of someone dcing just because they got down after 15s of chase within the first minute of the game.

Ruining the game for the other 4 players, just because they're bad at the game or even made a mistake, should not be supported with "how can we make their experience better". For those types of dc's I'm all in for draconic punishments.

• Stabby_Widdershins
    edited December 2022
    Options

What do you mean “stop trying to win which is reportable?”

By my understanding, if someone 'gives up', and either just idles, or actively seeks out the Killer; they can be reported.

I dont blame people DC when a teammate is tunneled out with 4-5 Gens left. There is no win there

I blame them. What about the Killer? How is it fair to them if people DC because the match went sideways?

One DC so the last one can actually “try to win” by getting hatch.

That's firmly in 'cheating' or 'abusing exploits' to me. Anyone I see do it is going to get reported. DCing does not exist so players can give the hatch to another player. That's abusing mechanics in ways not intended by the devs.

• C3Tooth
    edited December 2022
    Options

Killer didnt care about tunneling the first one out in 5min. Whats about that survivor?

3 survivors with anything more than 2 Gens, its guarantee 3K and 1 hatch. Unless all of them are Ayrun level, there is no point to play a hopeless game.

to think, if you play zero effort or try hard as possible still get you 1K, why should you put effort for the same result?

I suicide on hook and try to play for 5 more min and still die with my last teammate get hatch. Whats the point staying in that match longer?

Again, I repeat, I find its stupid when people DC/suicide on first down, especially their suicide actually turn survivor side into killer side match.

Suicide in guarantee 1 hatch escape match. Fine