The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Has there ever been a perk that's as busted as current day Eruption?

13»

Comments

• As busted? Idk. But more busted I know a few: Off the Record, Circle of Healing, old Decisive Strike, old old Decisive Strike, old Dead Hard, current Dead Hard, Unbreakable, old Iron Will, Deliverance, old Mettle of Man, Prove Thyself, reworked Boil Over, Windows of Opportunity, Adrenaline, OG Self-Care, Lithe, Sprint Burst, Exponential, old Borrowed Time and old Spine Chill.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Eh...OTR is fine. It's strong, but it has counterplay.

New Dead Hard is also okay. Occasionally it can be bloody annoying, but I honestly still prefer Lithe.

What's OP about Windows?

• If all these perks are ok, then Eruption is also okay since it has much more counterplay to it.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911

I'm in favor of the incapacitated part of Eruption getting nerfed. The 10% regression on a down makes it a long range Jolt that requires set-up and only effects the gens you set up on, which is fine imo.

I would personally increase the regression to 12%, but reduce the Incapacitated duration to something miniscule like 5 seconds. Alternatively, the duration can go down to 10 seconds, and the scream is removed (killer no longer gets info + regression, and only regression).

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

(Trixie voice) *Oh honey*

SWFs cam handle eruption decently well because you know when your friends are going to go down. Old Object and even Pain Resonance (back when it made you scream) used to be like this, where you could circumvent some pretty big mechanics with good communication.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 970

So... basically any survivor perk with a moderately decent effect is busted?

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

Nah, some of the perks on this list legitimately were busted. Pretty much anything with "old" prefacing it was legit pretty busted.

Definitely some odd choices here, though. OtR, WoO, new DH, and Adrenaline are pretty darn questionable on this list lol

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

Dude the perk is fine. I'm playing M1 killers and it's a nightmare without meta perks.

• rysm
    rysm Member Posts: 249

Read through this discussion and y'all really getting so worked up and cheeky about one perk 💀

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981
    edited December 2022

Busted? No, basically only Off the Record, CoH and Dead Hard are truly busted. However, more oppressive than Eruption? Sure.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

For this long? Dude, Dead Hard was left alone for YEARS. How long has it been since Eruption was buffed? July?

Your "this long" complaint is 5 months.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

That is a long time to deal with that perk. DH has nothing to do with this, so I'm not even going to talk about that.

• WesCravenFan

You are acting as if this perk is single handedly breaking this game. It's not. Not even close. I haven't even encountered it in my last fifteen games.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited December 2022

Just because you haven't seen it in "your last 15 games" doesn't mean others are having the same experience. I'm seeing it in almost every game I play. I do believe it's busted and needs a change soon.

• WesCravenFan

You think that way about any killer perk with more than a 15% pick rate.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,241

Eruption is not busted lol, its actually well balanced and really fair. It have a setup phase, and its 25 seconds, get over it, really.

I dont think i have ever lost a match to eruption, it have been prolonged... yes.

but hey, that is the purpose of anti gen perks.

• Unknown2765

Also, the killer needs to kick a gen BEFORE eruption activates on a gen, and THEN get a down, within that time there are left on the gen (that have progress to be kicked, so its most likely not even 50 secs).

• It blows my mind that people think any part of this post has proper argumentation to back it up. "25 seconds isn't even that long" is demonstrably untrue. 25 seconds is nearly 1/3rd of a gen.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Then again it's 6 seconds of regression... if you want to talk about progression then bring up regression

• Unknown2765

How much time do you think a flashlight save cost the killer?

• but they are fine right? because thats the killer that loose time and not the survivors (btw.. the killer is the one in a hurry, because gens are getting done while he/she waste time and when the gens are done, the game is over).

Gens are going too fast as it is, for the slow moving killers anyway.

Let me put this video here, just to illustrate.

I had written a lot more text, but i think Otzdarva says pretty much what i wrote and more, so i see no point in repeating that.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

Call of Brine and Overchareg when Overcharge got the buff in the ptb meta change 600% regression.

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234

The Incapacitated used to be 16 seconds and it was worthless. The only change it should get is the effect can only be applied for 45 seconds to a gen. If you don't down somebody in that time, then the effect is gone. If it procs, then it enters cooldown.

• It was never worthless. Not even back then. The meta simply changed from Ruin Undying to gen kicking, and current Eruption got overtuned far too much in an attempt to incentivize moving away from passive reg. It simply synergizes too much with other strong gen kicking perks, and is too strong on its own accord. 16 seconds is a long time. 25 seconds is an even longer time. Incapacitated is too strong of a status effect and needs a hard nerf.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited December 2022

Yes, mettle of man when it came out, 4 of them every game, was nice experience. before the exhaustion got changed the good old sprint with vigil so u had sprint in chase every couple of seconds was also nice.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475
    edited December 2022

Eruption is strong, a little overtuned even, but there have been perks in the past way more busted than current Eruption.

Original Ruin, Original Dead Hard, Original Decisive Strike -and- after it's first rework, Original Mettle of Man, Original Undying, Original Object of Obsession, Boil Over right after it's rework.

Also Original Keys and Moris.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 968

Eruption by itself is just destroying solo Q teams since they cant know when someone is gonna go down

easy way to change that perk while not making the perk useless , simple:

"when putting someone into the dying state , any gen affected by eruption will apply the next effects:

- 30% debuff to repair speed actions for 20 secs

-survivors will be affected by the hindered status effect during that time aswell

No more BS of being forced to do nothing during that time...and also a secondary effect for people that dont want to deal with the 30% debuff and instead prefers to leave the gen.

• Shnicel
    Shnicel Member Posts: 19

Exactly! Incapacitated needs to go! It makes absolutely no sense to ban my every action for 30seconds because I was doing my primary objective as survivor - a gen!!!

It would be the same to ban killers hits for 30 seconds because they downed a survivor. It is st**id.

• Altier
    Altier Member Posts: 1

I simply love how everyone just loves acting high and mighty on a discussion thread for no reason.

Having just come out of several solo queue survivor games that lasted more than 20 minutes, one of which against a Nemesis on Haddonfield, who tunneled a survivor out of the game within the first minute, and then refused to move from a 3-gen zone or the remainder of the game, using only gen regressing perks, I can say that while it might not be bannable now, at the rate this is going, it might be soon enough, and yes, this perk should be nerfed, or significantly reworked.

First things first: you cannot compare the experience of a solo queue player at mid MMR with that of either higher MMR SWF players, or that of killers of any MMR themselves. Sure, you love the perk as a killer, you don't mind it in SWF teams with good communication and the right perks. As for newer players (those without the right perks to counter for example), and solo queue players, the perk feels wildly different. You don't have any way of communicating efficiently with teammates, and you can't just counter it like it's no big deal. The fact that it happens on a down makes it extremely hard to predict, without the injured teammate communicating about when they are about to go down. As things stand, there are no perks that actively prevent Eruption from happening, and very little ways of countering it, if any. All of you higher MMR/SWF players in general, as well as the killer mains, who defend the perk, need to get off your high horses, and realize that you don't represent the most of DbD's community.

Let's not forget that the video Otzdarva made to explain gen rushing takes into account a perfect situation where the killer doesn't interrupt the survivor repairing the generator. Let us also remember that the way most streamers and content creators play does not reflect the way the average player will play the game. The very childish reaction of telling people to "get good" or learn to play around it will not solve the issue at hand. Just like the old Dead Hard, and arguably the newer version, it's not only a matter of skill, as the perk is not easily countered. And even then, being forced to bring the exact same perks in every single match takes away all the fun, and frankly, the point of the game itself. I don't want to have to bring gen-rushing perks to every match, or Blast Mine, or Repressed Alliance, just because 90% of the killers I'll face have the same exact, idiotic gen-kicking build.

There are quite a few ways to change it to make it less oppressive. First, it could be made to only work upon hooking survivors so it's more predictable. The traps could have a time limit, like Blast Mine or Wiretap, and expire after a set amount of time, to prevent abuse of the perk on multiple gens. There could be an upper limit to how many gens can be affected at the same time, which would evolve as more gens are completed by survivors. Regardless, it needs some changes, and soon.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,316
    edited December 2022

Vanilla and 1.02 NO-ED

• Shnicel
    Shnicel Member Posts: 19

I am a survivor main and I agree that slow moving killers need good gen regressing perks. What I think is the problem is for some killers they are way too strong like any other perk. Perks should have different affect for different types of killers. Nurse can blink from gen to gen and use overcharge on 4 gens while pig will sweat her pants and maybe do it on 2... not mentioning nurse on small map and pig on big map. It shouldnt be that the same perk is OP for one and this is the problem

• Unknown2765

Exactly.

Perhaps, Killers should go in categories. And some perks should be left out or have a worse effect for one of those categories, and perhsps even work better with the slowest killers, to make it up for their lack speed.

• Forza
    Forza Member Posts: 109
    edited December 2022

i mean

no one really cares if trapper, twins or half of the killers are undertuned.

they only care if there's a perk that makes playing any of them actually viable.

just like no one really cares if we've already settled into a meta where most survivors are still running DH, or if circle of healing is ridiculous overpowered.

but god forbid survivors, who can queue together in a party of 4 and share the killer's location, his perks, everything about what he's doing, and strategize, are forced to deal with a single perk. like it's just laughable.

the amount of bully squads and BM i've dealt with over the years while playing killer makes me have little sympathy for the other side. how often have killers been helpless in this game's history? most of it.