The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Lag in most of my games!

I did a speedtest and its def not me but I am getitng really high ping in my games making them unplayable, is anyone else having this issue?

My speeds are 900 down and 50 up

Answers

• proxy_taxfraud
    proxy_taxfraud Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 153

wow 900kbit/s that's amazing

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

I've noticed this too, last night I had a game with insane rubberbanding but my internet was fine and even the in-game thing only occasionally showed a yellow indicator.

• Mockingjay_S451
    Mockingjay_S451 Member Posts: 393
    edited December 2022

Same here in England. My internet is fine, about 550 down and 50 up. But I go into a match and it shows my ping really high and the game is unplayable. Was in a duo and my friend said my ping was showing on hers as 36 but on my screen my ping was at 310. But hers was showing 43 on my end but for her, it was showing like 400.

Is there something up with the London Server?

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,159

Not just in London, it happens in the US sometimes. Servers also sometimes abruptly just shut down resulting in everyone getting kicked and nobody getting BP from the match (offerings, items, and addons are not refunded either).

• Shnicel
    Shnicel Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2022

Speed is secondary if you don't have big family that uses all of router's CPU and resources plus speedtest is pinging your internet service providers server not DBD's amazon server.

First get in the actual game and check your connections through resource monitor or some other prog. There should be a few, but the right one is EC2***** and something. If you use windows resource monitor, it should show your latency aswell.

In case of a high latency, there could be many reasons starting with your local networks infrastructure (in home), your background data traffic that you can reduce significantly (I understand u have never done that), your routers capability based on its real-time load including it's settings, devices between your PC and router if on wifi like wifi repeators (use LAN), don't forget to update your routers firmware and PC drivers in general, maybe your LAN cable is damaged and so on...you can put your PC as traffic priority in router settings that will send and receive all YOUR data before other connections. And then there are far more complicated things like port forwarding ect.

P.S. It is interesting how BHVR gets that ping, because latency between me and DBD ec2 server is 115ms, but in game ping is shown around 50.

• JamieLee2k
    JamieLee2k Member Posts: 100

So I just jumped into a game with my friend and my ping was high and theirs was low but for me it was the other way around just like @Mockingjay_S451

It seems to be random and we think it might be playing agains't crossplay

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

I was playing some games about five hours ago and, uh... the ping was very bad. Stuttering every few seconds, jumping back to previous spots, etc.

I quit the first game after hooking one survivor, and 3/4 of the Survivors chimed in to complain about lag. About ten to fifteen minutes later I loaded into another game, with completely different Survivors aaaaaand... just as bad. And again, the Survivors able to take part in VC noted it as well (one was in their first game of the day and wondered if it was their internet).

Given that I was streaming my view at Twitch's data cap for non-partners the entire time without a hitch, and I've been able to do that comfortably for well over a year, I'm pretty sure something's up with the servers, or at least the European ones.

• Mockingjay_S451

It’s still happening to me like 1 in 3 games. Making it impossible to build up pips as I’m losing one every match it happens in as it is unplayable. I’ve messaged the other people in the game after to ask if theirs was laggy with rubberbanding and they said yes it was.

Quite a few people in the DBD Discord have also said they have been having this in the UK for the last two days.

• RainehDaze

Mmm, I only logged in on Christmas Day itself, so it could've started earlier. I had some good matches a bit earlier in the night, but...

• Mockingjay_S451

It only started Christmas Day for me, around 4pm GMT. Then yesterday on the 26th, matches were fine during the day but then it started again around 7pm GMT and never stopped. Tried a few games now today and 1 in 3 happening again. You can tell which games are going to have it as it takes forever to load in. But once in, unplayable. It actually lags so badly, it makes me sick to my stomach to move around so I just stand there until the killer DCs or kills me.

• RainehDaze

Yeah, really long loading times... I normally assume someone's playing on a PS4 or something and don't think about it. But after loading in, hi, yellow ping bars! And then excessive judder.

I hoped it'd go away if I targetted the red ping guy in game 2, but A) it was bad enough that tunnelling didn't remotely work anyway, and B) nope, it was still there after three people got out.

I hope this gets fixed or at least uh... officially noted. Because the game being unplayable is obviously not good.

• Mockingjay_S451

Yeah, I don’t even think the red bars are showing correctly as in my game I had the red bar but my friend and I were a duo and she said the red bar was showing on her and my ping looked fine when she checked. But for me it was really high. Deffo a server issue. Are you in the UK?

• Mockingjay_S451

From what I can tell, seems to be the server that is in the UK use that is mostly affected. I think it’s in London? Not sure, but everybody who is having this problem seems to be in UK. I think BHVR break up over Christmas, so who knows when it will be looked at.

• JamieLee2k
    JamieLee2k Member Posts: 100

yeah its a UK thing I think, not happened in a few games

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Played last night for the first time in a while (I’m in US eastern time zone). The stuttering and rubber banding were horrible. I assume it’s a problem with the servers.

• The game is unplayable right now, out of the 5 games I tried today only 1 responded normally, the other were lag filled and totally unplayable.

What's the point of the blood hunt if you cat play the game>?

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 553

I had the same issue on xmas day for about 4 or 5 games,

(I'm in uk on xbox series x)

Kept showing yellow ping warning & my ping bounced around the 100+ while my random teammates were all between 50 & 150 also bouncing up & down like crazy.

Tested xbox after each game & it was fine also tested other games with no issue.

Restarted xbox & that made no difference then suddenly it was fine again.

Whatever it was / is definitely a dbd issye.

Haven't played since xmas night so can't say how it is now still in recovery mode after that 9 hour slog!

Will probably put 3 or 4 hours in tonight though.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,888

Yes this has happened to me a couple of times. Rubber banding all over the place even though my ping in the lobby was fine. I've seen other players who were streaming experience this too.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

The last 2 nights were really bad for me. Stutter, rubber banding, etc. I had to DC from my last match last night because it was giving me a motion headache 😵

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    edited December 2022

Yep. Every 3rd lobby or so is genuinely unplayable due to lag/rubberbanding

• kaneyboy
    kaneyboy Member Posts: 261

its absolutely awful atm and some of my matches are unplayable

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I've had this happen before and my internet is pretty good.

• Jinxed
    Jinxed Member Posts: 248

They really need to turn off D/C penalties because it was really making me motion sick last night. I couldn't stay in a game for more than a couple minutes.

Some games were fine, but others were unplayable.