Mid Chapter Theory

Is it just me or does it feel like this mid chapter taking longer than usual?

Regardless, the twins rework surely has to be coming in either this mid chapter or next mid chapter. My reasoning is that I can't see them testing the unbreakable base kit again until she's been changed and I also doubt that they've either scrapped the unbreakable or are going to hold off for 6 months on unbreakable base kit.

I'd also like to ask my fellow twins enjoyers if there is anything you'd love to see to them that isn't a QoL change.

I've always loved the idea of viktor being a proxy hook, where once he downs someone he can start eating away at their hook timer, then when you hook them it would take away that amount of time off their hook timer to a maximum of ~60 seconds but can't make them transverse between hookstages. Viktor would lose his aura reading and would stop if Charlotte gets with X range. Would obviously need some tweaks but it would be a unique change.

Comments

• Mockingjay_S451
    Mockingjay_S451 Member Posts: 393

I believe I have seen people say that BHVR close up shop for the time around Christmas.

• StickyB
    StickyB Member Posts: 96

That makes sense, guess the 6.4.3(?) Was the last thing they were giving us before they closed. Here's to hoping they release the mid chapter early January

• TigerSnake
    TigerSnake Member Posts: 531

Basekit Unbreakable was likely scrapped. Don’t count on it coming.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Here's to hoping the Finisher Mori got scrapped as well.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited December 2022

MID-Chapters are FAR MORE interesting than "new chapters" for me.

New Chapters mostly bring out new broken maps (Garden of Pain and the Shattered Square are perfect examples), B-D-Tier killers (exception: Wesker) and not many upgrades of the game itself. If u believe streamers (i do not entirely), than Sadako is D-Tier and Dredge is B-Tier at best. Knight as well is D-Tier at the moment.

MID-Chapters are the moment of truth. Did the Devs listen? What are the changes? Any general gameplay-mechanic-changes? Killer-Changes? Rebalancing maps?

Last mid-chapter was "only" the Haunted by Daylight-Event more or less. Im REALLY looking forward and have HIGH hopes, the devs would do a lot. We shall see, PTB should be next week, right?

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

I wouldn't expect much more than the soloQ icon changes. Midchapter this time last year had those weird Twins, Clown, Nemesis add-on changes so this is already an improvement over whatever that was.

I'd be very surprised if we got Twins changes as well. This is the time they would look at Wesker but Wesker is fine as is so I doubt we see anything with that either.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

We´ll probably get the HUD update. Which will improve solo experience but will also cause a lot of problematic survivor vs survivor endgame chats, since people will actually see what their teammates do (or don´t do) during the match.

Best case scenario: solos play like SWF.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Good that we can close the endgame chat XD.

But finally we can see in the match, that our allies are useless, not only in the endgame when we see 35k on me but 10k on the randoms XD.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,228

It's what worries me a bit. I get why the devs don't want to add a ping system, but status icons don't really move the needle at all at a high level. "On a gen" isn't really useful information if you think about it. I don't know where that gen is or how far along it is. If a survivor is maintaining the proper amount of spacing and not greeding a 20% gen, they're going to show nothing on their status icon for a while before the chase icon actually shows up, but it doesn't mean they're doing nothing. It means they're playing well and not giving up stupid health states for no reason. Like...it takes weeks of scrims to get new players up to speed on descriptive comms in comp and now we're getting bad comms as baseline for survivors. Is it a step in the right direction? Sure. But I also worry that players are going to throw games just to have an active status icon at all times.

• Tsulan

I once was asked, in the endgame chat, if i think that the points mean anything. I was like, dude, i have more than twice your bloodpoints. I did something during the match... How bout you?!

• Tsulan

I can already hear the complaints of "why did you search a chest instead of hugging the gen?!"

There will be a adjustment phase. Until everyone gets used to it. Where not having the gen icon for 10 seconds isn´t a death sentence for the rest of the team (or at least i hope this). But the way our community is, it could also go the other way around. People disconnecting left n right, because their teammates have no gen icons.

Lets prepare for the worst and hope for the best.