Opening the game and then immediately closing it

I am just wondering if I am the only person who has done this. Opened Dead by Daylight, Noticed that some bonus put me at or over the BP cap and just closed it because I didn't want to spend 30 minutes spending BP before playing a game.

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,175

I do but as stated above, not because of BP. I don't know if it's the three year itch or what but my amount of play has greatly dropped and there are nights when I boot up intending to play and just decide not to.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Same as the other 2 above me. Before I quit, I would start the game and even in the main menu i would remind myself why i don't like to play anymore and then turn it off and deinstall again.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

I do it, but not because of the bloodweb (i don't mind it taking time).

It's usually because I'm a social player and no one is online to play survivor with and I don't have an available friend to chat with while playing killer.

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 416

Yes I only start the game for the daily bonus and then close it.

Leveling the blood web is not the problem, the problem is that the game has become so unfun that not even snowmen and bloodpoint multipliers can motivate me to play a match.

The final day I played I was already done with the game and just wanted to have one good match where I escape. I started 4pm. My first escape (not counting being given hatch because my three teammates disconnected and farming games where the killer had some pity) was just after midnight. I don't have the time and energy any longer this game requires me to score a "win", and I have no idea how to get out of this mess if I need to "consistently win games" to get up to MMR ranges where the 40% escape rate is actually a reality when I need 8 hours to win a single game.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

I do it during giveaways like they do now, I launch it, get the bonus, close it. If there isnt anything to collect and I dont really want to play I dont launch it.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Just did that today.

2.5 million bloodpoints. I don't wanna destroy my hands spending all those nor do I really feel like playing.

Instead, I spent the night having first drinks with friends and I think I got the better deal, tbh.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I've learned myself to not really care anymore.

If i'm over the cap and don't feel like spending bp i'll just play.

If you really need the reward for playing a game you might need to ask the question to yourself if you actually still like the game.

Games are after all supposed to be for fun. Not for a imagined currency

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

It used to really bother me, but I just burn the points over the cap. Unless I am down to a few blighted crows I really don't spend any at all anymore.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited January 2023

Entertainment. Same when i was on the league forum just to enjoy the people that complained about their obviously warranted bans.

Edit: Oh and also to spread the name and glory of my Lord and savior Lightborn 😎

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

I do this at night cause the prestige grind was horrendous. I play something else and tackle the bp cap in the morning