If both Survivor and Killer received 1 perk as part of their basekit which would...

Forza
Forza Member Posts: 109

be the most healthy for the game?

Killer ideas:

BBQ - incentives killer to leave the hook

Corrupt Intervention - Provides a very temporary advantage in the early game which set-up killers like trapper and hag desperately need anyway

Dying Light - Incentives killers to get hooks, could be changed so that instead of being based around the obsession this perk is instead de-activated when first survivor is killed.

Fire-Up - Gives killer a slight edge as the game progresses

Grim Embrace - Gives killers an incentive to hook 4 survivors at least once (may discourage tunneling)

NOED - Survivors would hate this one but may encourage them to cleanse dull totems

Insidious - would certainly add a new dynamic to every game

No Way Out - This one is frequently suggested as being part of the base kit. Would make many end games a lot more interesting than they already are now.

Shattered Hope - Another one frequently suggested as being part of the base kit. That Circle of Healing totem is pretty strong though.

Spies from the Shadows - Would force survivors to be much more stealthier every game

Survivor ideas: (i think the main difficulty with giving survivors a basekit perk is that you're not giving 1 perk, you're giving 4 perks//or 1 to each survivor)

Decisive Strike - Anti tunnel perk. (main problem with this one is that it would encourage survivors to basically want to get downed. instead of using it defensively they'd use it offensively which is why i think this will never be basekit.)

Diversion - I mean it would be pretty funny

Kinship - Underutilized anti-camp perk

Comments

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

Give BBQ the blood point bonus back, but if any survivor is hooked twice in a row, you lose a permanent token.

Can’t say it would work for all tunnelers, but it would help.

• HugTechLover

How are you getting punished because you’re opting out of bonus blood points by making the conscious decision to tunnel? You don’t have to avoid them, put them down and leave them slugged if you want.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,200

I don't necessarily think all of these should be basekit, but the options from which I could see a couple becoming basekit are:

Survivor: Kindred, Kinship, DS

Killer: Shadowborn, Shattered Hope, BBQ, Gift of Pain

• ThanosPAWG
    ThanosPAWG Member Posts: 412

When I first read this post I misread it and thought you were talking about individual killers and survivors. I guess adding old BBQ and old WGLF bloodpoint bonus would be a pretty nice addition.

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 520

dying light and kindred both of these perks will help against the camp

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,840

For gameplay reasons: corrupt or embrace for killers and kindred, visionary or deja vu for survivors.

For selfish reasons: noed, rancor or sloppy for killers and head on or pebble for survivors.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

because your assumption is "any time someone hooks the same person twice in the row, it's a conscious decision to tunnel". Never mind the obvious case where sometimes the Killer can't find anyone else, people are able to look identical if they so choose.

And I don't think most players would take being slugged but not hooked again as a huge improvement.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

For Killers-

Iron Grasp: make it easier to get to the Hook

Mad Grit: denies bodyblocking (for the most part)

Forced Penance: denies bodyblocking (for the most part)

Nemesis: changes the obsession apon getting stunned

For Survivors-

Prove Thyself: allows for more grouping up on Gens

Fixated (or whatever it's called now): faster walking speeds and showing scratch marks

Appraisal: Allows for more chests searches

No One Left Behind: faster hook saves and healing once the gates are opened (but that should be changed)

Pharmacy: allows a Survivor to open a chest and find a Medkit if they are injured

• HugTechLover

You still didn’t answer my question. How are you being punished if you are making the decision to opt out of extra BP, an incentive to NOT hook the same person twice in a row? By all means, do it, but you lose out on potential 25% bonus.

Some people don’t care about BP, and they can still tunnel. People that do care, such as myself will go out of their way to get max bonus BP.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,001

man if noed ever became base kit I'm hanging it up. if i had to pick from these I'll say make grim embrace basekit so killers will go for every players more. For survivor idk ds basekit sound too strong.

• RainehDaze

"If you are making the decision" is the exact point in question. It's not always a decision.

(Also, people can be given nice things without pairing the incentive with a punishment)

• HugTechLover

It’s most definitely a decision. How is it not? “Do I want to lose 25% of my bonus bloodpoints? Or do I want to hook this dude again?” Which is more important to you?

It’s not a punishment. It would be a punishment if you lost 25% of your normal BP gain. This is strictly incentive based hook patterns.

• RainehDaze

"Do I throw the game and get less BP, or do I hook the guy and get less BP?" It's lose-lose either way if slugging isn't to your advantage. Which is why it's a punishment, because you put the Killer in a choice where they lose either way.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

Giving more free freebies isn't how you fix things.

This notion that Perks fix whatever is wrong with the game is bery bad. What you're sugesting is just a BAND AID. After You get this then you'll ask for something else, meanwhile the game will never have a stable core system that doesn't rely on more and more BAND AIDS to stop bleeding it's problems.

The fact Perks are as strong as they are showcases the vulnerabilities of the basic core of the game.

• HugTechLover

Throw the game because you didn’t tunnel? I win most of my games without tunneling. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,849

For killer basekit Corrupt and for survivor basekit Kindred

• RainehDaze

deliberately not hooking someone when circumstances have made them the only person to be hooked? That's throwing.

• HugTechLover

As I said, the decision is up to you. Nothing is stopping you from hooking them again. I don’t know why they would be the only person available to hook… but the choice is there.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    edited January 2023

I like that Diversion is like, the last perk I thought of, and your explanation is "I mean it would be pretty funny". 10/10, understandable, have a good day XD

I've said it before, but I think that Grim Embrace could go basekit just like it is, and have a stronger version as a perk. In my opinion, if a perk can be deactivated throughout the game (like boons, hexes, and perks that only happen once), it better have a damn good effect.

For Shattered Hope, I think it would weirdly be too strong to be basekit. I know, it's too weak to bring as a perk, but I think killers having a 100% counter to boons, that take 2 seconds to snuff out and destroy permanently, is too strong for basekit. Survivors can take out killer hexes permanently, but it takes 16 seconds focused just on that , which can be interrupted and reset. Killer can snuff the boon immediately.

So, in my opinion, either Shattered Hope is basekit, but takes a significant time to remove the boon (which does not scream "unstoppable force"), either it takes two stomps to break the totem permanently. Partially broken totems would halve the radius of the boon. As a buff to the actual perk, Shattered Hope would be a killer version of Counterforce (just... Force I guess), that allows you to pre-break dull totems, to completely counter boons (and get a bp score in, let's say, deviousness because it's planning in advance).

(I also think it would be fair if killer could replace a hex, at the cost of time, like booning a totem. That would allow them to choose a better totem spot, which currently is RNG, and also some perks would benefit from being placed a second time, like Third Seal or Blood Favor or Ruin. Tokens would not carry over to prevent Devour Hope from being too opressive)

• LordSturm
    LordSturm Member Posts: 493

"you hooked someone twice in a row" does not mean "you made a conscious decision and went out of your way to specifically tunnel someone on purpose".

• HugTechLover

Ok look, I’m not gonna argue about it. Take it how you want, I simply gave a suggestion many people could benefit from. You wanna tunnel, tunnel. You don’t, then don’t. Everything is a conscious decision.

• LordSturm
    LordSturm Member Posts: 493

you may as well say it's a conscious decision to get camped on hook, when survivors can bodyblock you and force you to tunnel them :)

• HugTechLover

It’s a conscious decision to get camped on hook? ######### does that even mean? That has nothing to do with what I’m talking about.

Yea.. if a survivor body blocks me with BT, I just hit them again and put them back on hook. I make the decision to do so.

IF I got extra BP for NOT hooking them, I would just eat the body block and go for the unhooker still, because I’M MAKING THE DECISION TO DO SO. What is so complicated that you cannot comprehend that?

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,843

All of the suggestions for killer are great but every idea you had for survivor is a bad perk. Was that on purpose?

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

I'd say Shattered Hope and Kindred would be relatively safe choices.

BBQ - incentives killer to leave the hook

Biggest myth in DbD history.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,499

shadowborn...motion sickness sucks. Survivors...kindred probably.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

For killer: Corrupt Intervention. The devs already said that the early game is rough for killers, and if you don't manage to get the ball rolling quickly you can quickly lose the game. Corrupt Intervention mitigates that problem.

For survivor: Kindred. SWFs already have this perk basekit because of coms, so I don't see why solos can't have it either.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136
    edited January 2023

BBQ with the BP stacks back. I put more effort in back when BBQ was around. There's a lot less incentive to hook without it.

Kindred. When I ran Kindred as survivor, it rarely seemed to work and my teammates often let me die even when the killer wasn't camping, so I don't feel it's worth losing a perk slot over. It'd be nice if that info were basekit, though. That or old WGLF with the BP stacks.

(BP stacks motivated me to not meme around, they were my incentive for bothering with objective-y things. Back when the perks were altered, I thought that the BP stacks should've been made basekit. I still think that.)

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

No seeing killers aura would be a buff to SWFs and make hook plays more easy. Bond would be better for solos a strong perk all the time but not as much for SWFs.