Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Top 5 strongest killers?

2»

Comments

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited January 2023

Ah, that makes a weird kind of sense - I prefer a tactical style, which is likely why I've mained Hag and Artist since forever.

The only thing that grinds my grapes on Plague is how bad the RNG can be on her fountain placement at times. One game, you'll win because they were all clustered around the gens and main structure. The next, you'll lose because there's one in each corner on Grim Pantry or Eyrie.

Artist is held back by her addons. Her second best addon is a brown. Her iris are utter garbage. This also makes her a bit one dimensional.

• Alcuin
    Alcuin Member Posts: 460

As far as having to go far distances to gain your power, I have the same problem when playing Trapper. I always try to get all of my traps even when it doesn't benefit me. With Plague, though, there is more of a decision involved and the build you're using can influence it as well. There's strategy with her.

• lLyonl
    lLyonl Member Posts: 8

Everything goes. This is at their strongest with everything at their disposal.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited January 2023
    1. Nurse
    2. Blight
    3. Spirit
    4. Artist
    5. Wesker

I'd say only the first 3 are really cemented the rest is debatable.

If we weren't allowing all addons though Spirit probably wouldn't even make the top 5. She relies on her addons a lot now, I wouldn't have said that before her nerfs though.

I could also definitely see an argument for Plague being up there simply because her Iri's are very good(the gold standard for what most Iri's should be like imo). The difference between Plague with Iri's and without is a night and day difference in power level.

Post edited by Blueberry on
  • Blueberry

I think they're just referencing Spirit with MDR. Without it I totally agree, she's a shadow of her former self and absolutely not top 5. With MDR however you're basically trying to move faster than the survivors can react to her sound, which is ironically why she's not that great otherwise since they can normally now react faster than you can move making her nearly an m1 killer at most loops without the addon.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Well.... I would say

1) Nurse.... she can still blink through walls so there is that

2) Blight... I haven't picked up how to play him yet, but that doesn't mean much (LOL)

3) Huntress... Long range enough said

4) Bubba... Chainsaw = instant downs

5) Hillbilly... Chainsaw = instant downs

Also... I haven't played: Dredge, Wesker or Knight

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

The killer has a lot of stuff to his kit and does a lot of things right. First, incredible map mobility, which results in a really good map pressure. Seconds, he has a good antiloop, just being a little weaker than Artist. Third, on Nightfall his map pressure goes immensely and his chase power as well. Fourth, still on Nightfall he gets the tracking ability which is just really useful when you want to find a specific survivor to get rid of them.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited January 2023

That’s not accurate though.

Anyone who mains Spirit barely noticed any changes. She moves at 176% base kit and you can use the directional audio to your advantage and make survivors vault and you can double back to the other side of the pallet quicker then they can react and vault the pallet again (at certain loops). People really underestimate how fast she is moving and how you can use the directional audio to your advantage.

She doesn’t move as fast as killers like Blight or Billy or Oni but she’s still super fast and invisible which causes survivors a lot of times to hesitate against her and sometimes slow vault a pallet.

Of course she isn’t as cheesy as she once was but she’s still an extremely strong killer and I would personally still place her in the top 3.

• Blueberry
    edited January 2023

Anyone who mains Spirit absolutely did notice the changes as they were extremely significant. The survivors can react faster than you can to the sound meaning faking your sound is a joke and doesn’t realistically work against good survivors unless you’re of course running certain addons like MDR because it makes it so that they can’t react faster. The directional audio is never to your advantage unless the survivors are bad.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited January 2023

I am a Spirit main and I can tell you that from your perspective as Spirit, nothing really changed. The way you play Spirit is the exact same except the survivors have some form of counterplay now. What exactly changed from Spirit perspective gameplay wise?

Certain things changed like you can’t get cheesy Prayer Beads grabs, bumping into survivors while phasing, and you can’t “fake phase and MiNdGaMe”, but tracking while phasing and her power as a whole is still the same and Spirit has mechanically been the same killer since her release in 2018

And I can 100% tell you that you can use directional audio to your advantage. I’ve done it many of times and they weren’t all “bad survivors”. Of course you can’t do it at very long loops but at a lot of standard loops, you can. You can’t say directional audio is NEVER to the Spirit’s advantage. You don’t need MDR to do that because she’s already moving fast enough.

Agree to disagree but coming from someone who mains Spirit, I play her the exact same way I used to and still get basically the same results

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 562
    edited January 2023

Based purely on killers I play against (100% solo) I'd say top 5 is -

1. Blight

2. Nurse

3. Hunteress

4. Wesker

5. Plague

They're probably the top 5 performing killers in my games over the past few months (haven't gone through the stats yet)

Though in terms of pure kills that didn't see DC's or suicides Hunteress is probably actually top! I rarely play against bad Hunteress players.