What the best build for chases as Trickster?

Options

Hey guys. Im struggling a little as Trickster in now days, every match, gens flying and i think this problem is my chases. Whats build you use and recommend for Trickster? Thanks? I think BHVR should be change Trickster, i like him, but, sometimes he looks lime so unhealth

Comments

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427
    Options

Blood favor is really good for chases. I recommend pairing it with undying though.

Bamboozle is also a good option but way more situational

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

that killer has a lot of issues:

• low MS (4.4) so you can't defend generators since you don't have mobility
    • EXTREMELY map dependant (if you have a map like lery or the game you can only hope that they are bad enough to catch one of them cause your power won't help you in any possible way due to the walls and objects that will stop your knifes)
    • enough addon dependant in order to be somewhat troublesome for the survivors

bamboozle is a must cause some maps are just impossible to play with him if you don't have it (garden of joy and haddonfield are some examples) and slowdown gens aren't worth enough unless you'll try to create a 3 gen zone. Overall it is the killer himself that will have troubles when you'll face competent survivors regardless of the skill that the killer player will have, so don't think too much about it.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,090
    edited January 2023
    Options

He has some unique problems with his kit. I always take Bamboozle. The Caged Heart Shoes add-on actually helps a ton. Brutal Strength can help, but it's a bit less tangible. A faster pallet break leads to less distance gained, which can lead to more knives landed. Agitation is also a good Trickster perk because you're going to want to play more area control/campy with him.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

Bamboozle or Crowd Control are pretty good options since they help you deal with one of the things he struggles with a bit being windows. Brutal Strength is also decent.

The thing is, Trickster really gets his chase from actually using his power correctly, which perks dont really help with that. Learning what tiles and places you can actually commit to chase and which ones you should avoid is crucial, as well as making those knives last as long as possible.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

There is actually very little difference between a 4.4 and a 4.6 movement speed killer in terms of map presence

That's just a very common misconception

If we look over a distance of 100m then a 4.4 killer does that in 22.7 seconds and a 4.6 killer in 21.7 seconds. Only a single second slower

The difference between 4.4 and 4.6 only really matters in chases.

It is true that trickster isn't good at defending gens but it's not because of his movement speed

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

Any perk that blocks windows. Except Cruel Limits, or whatever it's called. I suppose you could make a case for combo'ing with Superior Anatomy as well, or even Fire Up, if you feel particularly memey.