It's Official I'm an idiot!! Watch your saved points....

Options
LibidinousPsyche
LibidinousPsyche Member Posts: 91
edited January 2023 in General Discussions

So, I play with a few characters which I don't need much to use. My points and rituals and ect ect. I just bank my points because until I can get a new character "which takes wayyyyy toooo long to get these shards, unless you pay :\" I have no need to use them. Well I've noticed after 2 mil it was still going up some, but then this week I just stopped looking at points. All this time it was capped at 2.1 mil and noticed it should be higher. I go hoover over the points and it said it caps at 2mil. I'm still sorta new to this game, and it's a noob mistake I suppose, but they should never cap your earned points. I mean why would they even want to? You earned them, if you choose to save them until you can unlock a character to use them on. Anyways I'm an idiot for not knowing how cheesy and frugal this game can be. It would be nice to get them back, but I'm sure it was at east 900k or more, but I'm not even going to bother asking support because I'm sure they will say like all games "theirs nothing we can do". Oh well, live and learn..

Comments

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

Think about how bad it used to be when the cap was 1 mil.

A good strategy if you wanna bank extra points is to do tome chalenges and only claim the ones that you need to that unlock more challenges, and then you can have a bunch of finished challenges that you can claim when you need a bunch of bp at once.

• LibidinousPsyche
    Options

Ahh yah that's not a bad idea.. I just raged used all my points just now lol. I have nil now. Starting over now. Why do they make it where you can't bank them. They know it takes awhile to unlock char with shards?

• NITRAS42
    NITRAS42 Member Posts: 170
    Options

They want. Your $$$.

In honestly, if you wait till things are on sale, you can get the characters pretty cheap. I’m also a adult with a professional career, and $8 here and there do not bother me. I’m not going to spend money on outfits though.

• Alcuin
    Alcuin Member Posts: 460
    Options

I'm guessing it is meant to get you to play more regularly. Fortnite is doing the same thing with their battle pass. Extra skin styles are being released at a rate of one per week rather than all at once. A player could unlock all the styles by playing steadily over the course of two weeks, or so, but now they have consistently play every week.

If there weren't a limit to the blood points, you could bank 5 million and wait a month until the next chapter release. At 2 million, you might not even be able to unlock all the perks when said chapter releases. You have to keep with it, if you make that choice. It's probably a smart business decision.

• LibidinousPsyche
    Options

"If there weren't a limit to the blood points, you could bank 5 million and wait a month until the next chapter release. At 2 million, you might not even be able to unlock all the perks when said chapter releases. You have to keep with it, if you make that choice. It's probably a smart business decision."

Yah but your points are your points is all I'm saying.... Business stand point or yada yada, shouldn't matter. Being able to unlock a new chapter, perking up a new character you saved for you should be able to use them on what ever you choose. If that's the case give more shards to unlock characters faster so we can actually use our points then. I think its frugal just my 2 cents.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,989
    Options

They don't want you to be able to max out a new character the day they release. Before it was bloodweb 45 on 2 characters, with a cap of 1mil. Now that 'maxed out' is technically Prestige 3, the cap is 2mil.

• xfireturtlex
    xfireturtlex Member Posts: 419
    Options

For future reference, because it's not really explained in game, there are 2 BP banks that mix together. Your gameplay BP caps at 2 million. Earning points in game will never go above that if you don't spend em. There is also a seperate unlimited bank for "gift" points. These are things like login bonuses, online BP codes, monthly reset BP, that sorta thing. They have no cap and can make your BP bank go above 2 million. When you spend points it will take them from the gift bank first, then from your gameplay bank when gift points are gone.

What I like to do is spend down til I'm at 1.5 mil, so I always have a nice chunk in reserve. Once I get close to 2 mil, I spend points wherever til I'm back down to 1.5 mil. Just gotta keep an eye on em. If you do that and save completed tome challenges, when you unlock a new character you'll have plenty of points ready to go.

Also, sucks that you lost points. We've all been there lol

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,361
    Options

No one likes the BP cap. They just have one so that you can't Prestige 3 new characters the day they're released. Not entirely sure -why- that's the case, you'd still need to play a bunch to save the BP required for the next DLC release but here were are.

I guess it's just one of those things to encourage players to play a more regularly instead of playing a lot for a few days and then leaving the game for weeks.

• LibidinousPsyche
    Options

Ok, so quick question. You said they were 2 banks. I had 55000 last night, and today I have 2001223 after reset. Because I haven't played long enough for the reset to happen yet, this is my first. If there is two separate banks like you said, I should have 2055000 total if I had Iridescent grade 1 for survival and killer right? Little confused lol. Anyways not a biggy just trying to understand.

• xfireturtlex
    xfireturtlex Member Posts: 419
    Options

You should, if your previous number was right. Not really sure what happened here. Maybe you spent some n forgot. Maybe the game derped out. It's hard to say.