Base Survivor Items

Options

I think I've made this suggestion before, but it could use refreshing: common-tier toolbox, medkit, and flashlight should be infinite (and not in bloodweb), because it really sucks to have a toolbox / medkit / flashlight challenge and not have any left because you suck as survivor like me. It also makes sense since killers get unlimited use of their powers.

Comments

• Stabby_Widdershins
    Stabby_Widdershins Member Posts: 485
    Options

Sorry but no, Survivors should not get infinite base-items just because Killers have infinite powers.

That's a false equivalency.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,930
    Options

Common items are common enough. I have probably 5 times as many brown medkits/toolboxes than I'll ever need. They cost 2,000 BP and you make ten times that in an average game, or more.

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,230
    Options

Take yourself out of the mindset of a "good" player for a moment, and put yourself in the mindset of a "noob" player: you have a tome challenge to blind the killer, but you don't have the hang of flashlights yet, so you keep getting the timing wrong again and again, but you're slowly getting better. You think you can pull it off next match, but you're out of flashlights, and there are no flashlights in your current bloodweb. Or the next one. Remember, you don't control how often flashlights show up in the bloodweb; the RNG does, and right now it's rolling against you. How does that feel?

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 518
    Options

good joke, my first 3 games were against swf 2000+h if I could endure this and go further, then the new player will survive the round without a flashlight

especially since there are boxes in which there can be a flashlight

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

Like I wanna do any number of other challenges till I pull a flashie out of the bloodweb. It's not like blood points are in short supply nowadays.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,930
    edited January 2023
    Options

I don't have to, I've been there. Both when I was new, and every time I get a daily for a character I haven't levelled yet. Just today I had to open the exits as Yoichi, and had to invest BP into him in order to get him a brown medkit. It took two and a half bloodwebs, that's by level 3, which is about 20,000 BP in total? Which is nothing.

You skip the challenges you can't do and come back to them when you can. I still don't use flashlights, if I have a 'blind the killer challenge' then I'll use Blastmine or Flashbang. Currently there are endless festive party crackers in the bloodweb, use those.

If you don't have 20,000 BP, or even 50,000 BP to dump into the bloodweb to try and get what you need, then you're in no position to be trying for 'blind the killer' challenges in the first place. Get the basics down first.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

If you run a looting build (ace in the hole, plunderers, appraisal) then the “deplete” challenges can be pretty easy. You may also escape with some nice loot!

Another little trick is Built to Last. If you use up the item, recharge it, and use it up again, then that counts as a “deplete” each time! Especially useful on the 2nd and 3rd refills which don’t refill the item all the way. Makes it that much easier to score another depletion.