The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Stalking with GF wastes to much time.

DyingWish92
DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772
edited January 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

So am I the only one who struggles managing the stalk meters of survivors when playing Ghostface. I know the ideal way to do it is 99 people and down them when your power recharges. Between lots of maps being very open and 4 survivors at least 1 always having eyes on where you are it feels like a massive time waste. You stalk, get revealed. You stalk, get revealed. By the time you've done any reasonable amount of damage with the stalk it feels like 2 or 3 gens will be done. Of course sometimes you get a sneaky stalk or grab on someone and they don't see you and you expose and down them quickly but it only happens once or twice a game because survivors are very aware.

I feel forced into M1 and stalk when you can which isn't ideal very often. It's why I always preferred Myers to Ghostface. Get tier 3 99 and down and go for someone else. Less to worry about. With GF you deal with the reveal mechanic and losing your stalk progress when you M1 a survivor.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475
    edited January 2023

The idea is that you shouldn't get revealed very often. Which is very hard to do to be fair, I've never been good as Ghostie and with how janky the revealing mechanic is, it only makes it harder. Seriously you can be revealed by someone on the other side of the map sometimes, but when I'm survivor and staring directly at him, nothing happens :(

And yes when I'm playing Ghostie I'll try and be sneaky and stalk people but after I get revealed the third or fourth time I just play normal m1 killer for the remainder of the match. He's not very fun and it sucks.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772
  • HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

I can’t say I necessarily struggle with that issue. I tend to being indoor or muggy maps like swamp when I play him. Try watching D3ad’s videos on ghostie for some tips.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Every time I read Stalk and GF in the same sentence the first thing that comes to mind is a stalker girlfriend.

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510
    edited January 2023

Take a look at this guy: https://www.twitch.tv/esskay_

Very good GF main

Besides, he plays unusual slowdown-free aura-reading-free build (mainly Agi + STBFL + PWYF) and still manages to win most of his games, using sneaky and efficient stalking

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    edited January 2023

I struggle as well and often revert to m1, only using the shroud for mindgames at tall wall loops.

It's a bit silly how if you've got some nice progress on someone you can't m1 them without losing it, makes for some goofy situations where you're like "Oh no ! You saw me ! I'll have to come back later !! My revenge will be terrible !

I do know it's a skill issue on my end.

As a Legion enthusiast, I can't sit still and watch someone do a gen, I gotta stabby stab !

That being said, Ghostie really shines in late game. I wouldn't worry about losing a gen or two.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199
    edited January 2023

It's a bit of an art, but it's not an insurmountable challenge. If you get revealed sometimes the best play is to leave that survivor and go for someone else, depending on how much stalk you managed to get off.

Also his power isn't something you should rely on at all times, not every down will be an exposed down. You're still playing an M1 killer and as such try perks that work with one.

I find things like Agitation + Mad Grit or Starstruck are great for getting bully squads to disperse (or punished for trying) giving you the ability to make a comeback. Either with or inspite of your power.

Info perks are also great to avoid premature reveals. Lethal Pursuer will often give you an instant first down, while I'm All Ears and/or Nowhere to Hide can clue you into survivors trying to reveal you.

Post edited by Seraphor on