Remember the prophesized 'Sprint Burst' Meta?

Options
Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,653

Oh, how they were wrong.

Comments

• Raccoon
    Options

I mostly see DH. Lithe would be second for me, personally.

SVR builds I see are usually DH/Windows/PT/filler (usually 1 person will bring CoH, at least).

• Raccoon
    Options
  • HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

Mostly DH for me as well, but I do see quite a bit of variation some days. I don’t see lithe often. Mostly sprint burst and balanced landing if it isn’t DH. Lots of hyper focus stakeout builds. I see windows and adrenaline every game on half the survivors at least. Usually atleast 1-2 PT.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,560
    Options

Yeah, I was one of them. But to be fair, I expected them to completely nuke DH into Oblivion. And given the fact that they did basically this to Balanced Landing, not a unreasonable assumption.

And personally, I am fine with more DHs. I think Sprint Burst was even more annoying than old DH, but with new DH this applies even more.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

Wasn't reworked DH significantly worse on the PTB and then they adjusted it a bit? I honestly can't remember for sure.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,953
    edited January 2023
    Options

Funny thing I just had a game against four Sprint Bursts (plus three Adrenalines, two BT's, Spine Chills, a CoH etc.)

Completely wrecked my Ghostface, and I'll tell you what, I would have preferred four Dead Hards.

It's not that DH is better than SB (it's not), it's just more convenient to use.

Post edited by Seraphor on
  • Raccoon
    Options

Ghosted, haha

I think most people would agree that DH is in a bit better of a spot now, for sure! Pretty sure someone Sudoku'ed their account in a Balanced Landing topic earlier, for some reason @_@

Adrenaline is definitely a prime candidate for the 'filler' spot.

• Seraphor
    Options

It was actually better on the PTB. It gave you an entire second of Endurance, which was nerfed to 0.5 seconds when it went live. But all the survivors had a meltdown at the time because they were losing their free distance.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

But could you turn or were you locked in a straight line? Darn, I'm getting old, forgetting things.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,966
    Options

The Sluzzy "Killers will want Sprint Burst nerfed in less than a week" post still is stuck within my mind. Meanwhile Dead Hard has a 30% usage rate and people want it nerfed again.

• Seraphor
    Options

I don't recall... but the distance thig was definitely the main factor. Before 6.1 DH was mostly used for distance, you hit it before the killer got near you, to ensure that you made it to the next loop/vault/pallet/exit. And after 6.1 hit, there was a massive drop in DH usage while survivors learned to adapt. Once DH ended up being used as it was always intended, to 'dodge' a hit with good timing, people started to jump back on the bandwagon.

• SmolBlob
    SmolBlob Member Posts: 399
    Options

People moaning and complaining that DH was useless and Sprint Burst would replace it after its well-deserved nerf is even more hilarious at this point in time. DH is still the best Exhaustion perk in the entire game, it’s just tied with Sprint Burst now instead of being always better.

And new DH is even stronger than old DH against S-tier killers anyways.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,434
    Options

Nah, I literally made a post about this a couple days ago. Blight is the best killer at baiting dh if he has more than one rush left when the dh would take place. The counterplay Blight has against dh is the exact same except now alch ring counters dh if the blight has it.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

DbD community over reacting to something...

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 608
    Options

Yep this was me as well. I prophesized sprint burst meta as well, and like you I was expecting it to be dh to become dead dead. But yeah 4 sprint bursts are really damn annoying.

• Dionysus42
    Dionysus42 Member Posts: 427
    Options

They only changed DH because people complained about it, but they've never understood why it's so terrible for the game. If they did they'd have nerfed it, or better yet, completely removed it and replaced it with a different perk concept, years ago.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    Options

DH has started getting insufferably annoying again now that survivors know how to use it optimally. I'd personally be very happy with a sprint burst meta.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    Options

They should really just remove the speed boost survivors get from DH. It'd still be an A-tier perk allowing them to tank a hit for free, and survivors would still make distance on the killer during the hit cooldown.

DH is the only formerly meta perk that's still meta after BHVR tried to switch up the meta.

I mean, c'mon. At least boost Ruin to 200% or make it not a hex perk.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 877
    Options

As a survivor main, I honestly never got the love for Sprint Burst. I prefer Lithe.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

People use DH because it's fun AND good. SB is probably a better perk against 95% of killers.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862
    Options

No but like at one point when it was reworked. Data showed on perk stats sites that sprint burst, lithe, etc took over dead hard.

Now its just that ppl have grown to adapt to dead hard now which is why its back at the top. And its still fun to use. But it still took a hit in percentage usage tho

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,560
    Options

Oh, not even 4 Sprint Bursts. I even find one Sprint Burst annoying, I dont know, for some reason it really annoys me, seeing the Survivor slowly walking, while knowing exactly that they will sprint into safety once I come close. Or that they are able to sit on a Gen until the last second.

DH does not really annoy me at all compared to Sprint Burst. Maybe a bit when the Survivor goes down two times without using it, but the third time it is the best DH of their life and they escape because of it, while I thought the whole time they dont have the Perk.

• Seraphor
    Options

Same, and you know that just like bluffing an attack to force a DH, you have to get close enough to that survivor to force them to SB away and put them in Exhaustion, otherwise they just linger at about 10m waiting for you to leave the gen.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

I'm just glad they cant become Invulnerable to Possessed Chains or the T-virus just cause they struck a pose for half a second.

Which means now Possessed Chains is a hard counter to Dead Hard since dodging it does nothing, and getting hit means you cant use it.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

I was expecting Sprint Burst to rise up a lot but because I expected DH to get totally destroyed like MoM was, DH is still a decent perk so there wasnt a huge vacuum left for the other Exhaustion perks to appear.

SB is probably one of the most used exhaustion perks tho and while I did see an increase on Lithe I think in my games I see SB more than Lithe.

SB on good players is almost universally used to reach the safe loops, the Shack or a strong main so in good hands it can be very strong unless you catch them in a dead zone without decent tiles to reach which is rare, I see Lithe as a one trick pony, the first time they use it they do get good usage out of it, the next time since I know they will sprint I just bypass the window entirely and they never get that much distance.