Killers, Do you dodge lobby if you see 2+ Toolboxes?

Options

Do you change lobby? I do.

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,560
    Options

Nah.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

No.

• SmolBlob
    SmolBlob Member Posts: 399
    Options

Why would I?

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,217
    Options

I never dodge lobbies.

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515
    Options

Barcode name means other character set. Not physical location.

The rest I get.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    Options

I heard that the Hackers are back, so I could probably dodge Flashlight-Lobbies. I think I already had one Hacker yesterday.

Toolboxes? Not really

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,097
    Options

Never dodge, but last second switcher get the silent/ignore treatment.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Honestly, unless it's like P100 (which screams hacker) I don't care about prestige.

For instance, my Cheryl and Feng have a pretty high prestige and I've got fewer hours on survivor than you do on killer - because I put a lot of 'overflow' BP into them when I'm playing killer.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited January 2023
    Options

At the current point, its no surprise to face a P100.

I myself have my main killer on P89 (and I started with this "challenge" not from the start of this new P-system).

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

I mean, you probably have good map awareness and game knowledge from all your hours on various killers. The best survivors are those who know how things look from the killer side. So you'd still put a lot more pressure on me than I'm used to.

I try to keep in mind that they aren't necessarily better at the game, but I can't help being a little skittish.

I'm actually less nervous about isolated P90+, as I've faced a few who were really bad. Somehow, 4 P40 feel more threatening to me. Feels more legit as good players.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,116
    Options

I'm tabbed out between pressing "ready" to Q up and the sound it makes when you're loaded into the match 99% of the time. I usually have no clue what I go up against.

Though, on the occasion matchmaking is really fast and I don't get around to tabbing out I still don't really adjust builds. If games have felt extremely high pace for a while I may pack a second slowdown (my go to is usually jolt, cause it's just super lazy) but that's about it. if they want to rush they can do so. If two gens pop within 30-40 seconds and I haven't even found a surv I switch gears and just try to work on sth I'm struggling with or do sth that doesn't win me matches but is fun. If they want to raise their MMR the quickest way possible - they can be my guests. I want to actually play the game.

(As for other items; I always have sloppy and tend to move around the map a lot so I don't usually have problems with people bringen good medkits. - And if I see a bunch of high prestiges with FL I sometimes pack Franklin's - just to get rid of that hassle if they want to do the bullying thing. I'm usually on some sort of M2 killer so if they genuinely just have it to maybe get that lucky FL safe or the occasional cheeky blind, I don't even bother slapping it out of their hands.)

• MeanieDeeny
    MeanieDeeny Member Posts: 533
    Options

I do sometimes. It depends on my mood, but I figure the more toolboxes, they faster they’re going to try to bust out gens and I don’t find that a fun match.

But other times idc, I just make a mental note to find the toolbox survivors first and not give them time to use it.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704
    Options

No i don't.

Let them rush the gens against my scratch mirror Myers end game build.

They love getting hit by noed and then when they want to leave being stopped by bloodwarden 😈😈😈

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,361
    Options

Why would I? It's gonna be over soon anyway.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

The most I'll do in response to items is bring Franklin's.

Usually the only reason I'll dodge a lobby is multiple players with high prestige levels.

• StarLost
    Options

One thing I find, playing both roles, is that it's a lot harder to be mean on either of them.

Like...I know how miserable it can be to get 2 hooks in a game as killer because the map played itself or how miserable it can be to get hard camped or tunneled out and depip because you never got a chance to play.

Toolboxes on their own...meh. That often results in them tunnel visioning gens and 3genning themselves.

Toolboxes plus HSFP in an SWF? Those games are evil.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

No, even the most stacked toolbox barely makes a dent on gen progression.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,106
    edited January 2023
    Options

Never, I wouldn't dodge even if it were a lobby with all 100s with toolboxes. I don't get the anxiety that so many others apparently do seeing these things. It's just like...ok...I'll bring Franklin's. I mean, its a perk that's specifically made for survivors that bring in items... Like, there's almost a whole ass minute in the game lobby to swap perks and add-ons if you need to make changes or aren't feeling confident in the build you brought in.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

No. The only lobbies I've dodge in forever are those with multiple flashlights if I'm doing a Hag daily.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,288
    Options

The only people I've ever dodged are actual cheaters and some absolutely unhinged individual that got so mad at me one time that he added my friends on Steam and sent them gore pictures.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Conversely, I will eagerly await flashlight using survivors, 85% of the time, these people don't know how to save someone at all and are just wasting mass amounts of time.

I might leave the flashlight survivors if im playing Nemesis tho, zombies are already dumb enough.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

I don't lobby dodge unless it's a blatantly obvious hacker. You don't improve by avoiding challenges and losses.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 447
    Options

Why? Killer gets to counter the items having the advantage of seeing survivors.

• StarLost
    Options

4x BNPs makes a pretty big dent.

But what's much scarier is 4x commo toolboxes to scaffold onto Hyperfocus chains, combined with Stakeout on a Game offering. Then you add on Fogwise (almost 100% uptime, full vision of the killer in an SWF) and PTS.

I don't think I've ever seen gens go that fast at any point since I started playing.

• IWantCandys
    IWantCandys Member Posts: 161
    Options

No. 2 are okay. Same for medkits or flashlights.

However, If I see 4 of the same item, I might equip franklin´s. ;)

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

No

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

Toolboxes aren't that bad. Genrush isn't a problem for my enjoyment of the game.

2+ flashlights, however, is a red flag for a bully squad.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

Lately I actually like seeing toolboxes in my lobbies. I put on the backpack build and hope it's a sabo/meme squad, those are the best. If they want all five gens repaired in 3 minutes then so be it, I'm going next quicker.

• HectorBrando
    edited January 2023
    Options

I dont find flashlights that bad, since people going for saves arent doing gens and a lot of times you can pick facing a wall, honestly except medkits the other 4 items the Survivors can bring arent even noticeable worthy.

Toolboxes get a lot of flak for how meh they are, a purple toolbox with 2 charge addons makes a 90 second gen be roughly ~72 seconds or so, even bringing four doesnt make the game that uphill, I suppose its a leftover from before the rework, when the purple and both green toolboxes shaved around 16 seconds before addons and penalty efficiency was 10% instead of 15%.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

Not against toolboxes, but I'm going to back out if suddenly several people decide to swap from low-prestige survivors to high prestige with cosmetic and items after 30s or something. Maybe they were just doing bloodweb stuff, I dunno; OTOH if it's several of you doing it? Riiiiiight.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,762
    Options

Only time i really consider dodging a lobby is if I've had a string of losses and I keep getting high-prestige players thanks to RNG matchmaking, I'm not going to continually go through lobby after lobby just because people are running items

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 562
    Options

Naah. Two toolboxes aren't big of a deal. If I see four flashlights, that's a whole another story. If I see two flashlights, there are some red flags.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,680
    Options

Nope.

• HectorBrando
    Options

Thats 2 stacks of Hyperfocus which amounts to an extra 0,3% and 0,6% of completion, which is roughly... 0,8 seconds you shave or so, I dont think its an issue at all.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,201
    Options

One-show stoppers with at most one year on Steam have a significant risk of being cheaters.

So are full numbers names.

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515
    Options

This is my experience as well. And its the only constant I've noticed.

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    Options

No, I never dodge lobbies. Even if they switch to flashlights last second, even if they look like a swf, and even if I have a bad build on. If I wait 5 minutes to get into the game, I'm not going to disconnect just because someone brings an item I don't like.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

No but gloves are off and i won't play nice ,,you wanna rush gens ima rush a person off the game

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

Using a toolbox massively increases the chance of skillchecks (it's something like a 40% chance a second), which means hyperfocus can really get going and take away huge amounts of progress super quickly. So, first BNP knocks off 25% completion, then you have hyperfocus in progress.

It's possible to get a gen done, solo, by the time the toolbox runs out of charges, or maybe five-ten seconds later. That's a super extreme example, but it is massively swingy.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,541
    Options

No? Why would I?

Absolute worst case scenario. It's two Hyperfocus, Stakeout, BTL and Streetwise gamers with Commodious + Scraps and Wire Spools. Meh, tunnel them out.

I'm far more scared of four med-kits.

• bunnyfengenthusiast
    bunnyfengenthusiast Member Posts: 471
    Options

I have footage of me doing a gen solo in 40s with hyperfocus stakeout and a stacked toolbox without a BNP. A BNP would have reduced that time to about 27s give or take.

Tell me again how toolboxes have no effect on gen speeds.

• HectorBrando
    edited January 2023
    Options

And I saw a video of Leatherface downing 4 Survivors with a single sweep on old Haddonfield, I still dont think fringe cases are issues as they rarely happen.

And all examples about toolboxes being an issue people bring have Hyperfocus, Stake Out and (sometimes) This is Not Happening, the issue maybe isnt the toolboxes themselves but the perks.

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 276
    Options

Nah I never dodge, only got about 600 hours in mainly killer. I like the swf and bully squads for the most part. Starting out I hated it but now it's fun to take on the 100p legacy crew that wants to bully. If i see 2+ tool boxes I'll throw on franklin's just for laughs, see flashlights mad grit/aga/iron cause theyre about to be altruistic as hell, health packs I tend to not be bothered by since i know someone probably has COH and that'll be where they'll all heal up at. The games I get cooked in are mostly to due to being out played or too many dumb mistakes on my part and i respect that.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

the only non-cringe reason to dodge a lobby is because you think someone is a hacker. If you're gonna cherry pick your matches just play against bots lmao

• bunnyfengenthusiast
    bunnyfengenthusiast Member Posts: 471
    Options

Nah, it's definitely the toolboxes. Even without Hyperfocus/Stakeout, a good toolbox can shave off a lot of gen time by hitting great skill checks. A single BNP shaves off 17.5 seconds of gen time if both skill checks are hit. However, toolboxes make Hyperfocus+Stakeout significantly scarier because they synergize so well with it (increased chance of skill checks, which compounds with Hyperfocus' increased chance of skill checks, and creates an exponential increase in gen speeds).

So yes, toolboxes are a problem. And a 40s solo gen isn't a "fringe case" by any means, unlike a once in a lifetime occurrence where 4 people line up to get downed by a single PH power use or whatever else. It's a reproducible result that's far too powerful in the current meta.