Should I feel bad for being a Bubba main?

I absolutely LOVE Leatherface, and I'Ve always wanted to play as him. But with the seemingly bad reputation Bubba has with DbD, I sometimes feel horrible playing as him. Should I keep feeling like this or not?

Comments

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Definitely not.

Seeing Bubbas play normal, clean matches is heartening.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

No. He has a bad rap because alot of scummy players play Bubba. He's alot of fun and good Bubbas are so much fun to face.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

No. Why?

I love facing the Bubster, as long as he's not going to set up a tent the second someone gets hooked.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Absolutely not. You should be able to play whoever you want and what people in the community think shouldn’t have an impact on your preferences. I’ve mained Spirit for a while, even back when she was hated, so I’ve had similar thoughts as you but at the end of the day there’s no reason to feel bad.

• Dionysus42
    Dionysus42 Member Posts: 427

Deliberately lose a few matches, watch how the response is BM and insults in chat, after a few games of that you shouldn't feel bad anymore

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,407

Every killer has a subset of players who wish they never had to play against them. Youll find it with any killer you play as. I don't mind Bubba at all and his reputation isn't all that bad. You'd see alot of DCs against him if it were and I never see any.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,270

You see, there are different kinds of Bubsis out there.

The meme Bubster who tries to get an early down close to basement and then goes insidious camping. It's a meme so it doesn't get me too mad but it's honestly a waste of a game. Chest protector Bubba is very similar but you get what some people would consider a fun mini game in the game.

I know and love Bubsis for their dedication. They see you, they chase you - and they embrace the overcommitting. When they eventually do down you you got a friend for the rest of the match. Honestly, I don't mind. --- And Bubsis who leave the hook after a long-ish chase are pretty cool potats.

Only Bubba I can't stand too much is if, for one reason or the other, he got an early down and just embraces the camper stereotype. It's not even the basement Bubba meme.

Long story short: if you like playing Bubba play Bubba --- And despite his rep a lot of survs seem to have a soft spot for him.

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 394

Bubba's who don't face camp are generally loved by most the community.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,122

Don’t let the gaslighting from the haters get to you, play who you want however you want.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

We love Bubbas , even the insidious face camping ones are fun <3 they are very precious

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

No. You shouldn't let others dictate your enjoyment if you can help it.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Bubbas who don't facecamp are cool cats.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,200

Unless you spend all your time facecamping... why should you feel guilty?

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

Join us, my brother.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

Nope! Non-facecamping Bubbas are some of the my favorite killers to verse!

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

I certainly don't feel bad and you shouldn't either.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328

I love bubbas if they aren't just face camping the first hook. So no, don't feel bad. 😅

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

Never feel bad for playing something you like that others happen to dislike, just know that there are people who will judge you for it

So long as you're in the 0.01% of Bubbas that don't facecamp the first person they down, you're a alright guy/gal/whatever you identify as in my book :)

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,493

No bubba is one of the most fun if not most fun killer to face. If I play survivor and face him my reaction is "yes it's bubba." Sometimes they just facecamp and hit u on hook but that is kinda funny too. He is also one of my mains as killer im quilty of facecamping with him because the meme but usually I chase with him.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,493

Exactly facecamping every match is bit questinoable. Like I feel bit quilty if I start facecamping at 5 gens but I don't do that often so it's fine to do it sometimes. However camping once gens are done should not even count like why should not killer try to secure kill.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,287

It's not that Bubba himself is the problem. It's just that his kit is the best fit for a camping playstyle. And that playstyle is the problem.

Just don't camp and you're fine.

• Little_Kitten
    Little_Kitten Member Posts: 871

Some Bubba camp in the basement.

But they are usurpers.

The real Bubba don't need that to win.

So, you too, be a real Bubba 😍

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515

Basement Bubba on the stairs.

Is my favorite thing to see.

So, please keep camping those stairs!

Seriously, the occasional bubba that does insidious in the basement and 4ks a group of idiots(of which I am usually 1) is a welcome interlude.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819

No.

You should never feel bad for playing a certain killer, its more about how you play them lol.